RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 11:20:36 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Hey, you're finally aw- NO TODD HOWARD! NOT HERE!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | PS3 prices 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Print
Author Topic: PS3 prices  (Read 8729 times)
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #60 on: May 16, 2006, 11:38:06 AM »

Parent:Here is your new PS3!!!!!!!

Kid: AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!......Umm wheres teh games?

Parent: No clue they didnt have any, enjoy.

phoenix1967
Nintendo DS
United States

Stats
« Reply #61 on: May 16, 2006, 12:57:04 PM »

600 dollars. Just say it....6...hundred...dollars...and if you want a game and a 2nd controller to play with a friend, tack on another 110 (60 for game + 50 for controller). Brings the total to 710. Plus tax of $42.60. You're looking at $752.60 for a PS3 with 1 game. Realistic (and scary) numbers. And tack on another $60 (or more) if you want an extended warranty (a.k.a. "You want fries with that?")).

Not that it would make a difference to me regarding purchasing one at launch, but does anyone even know if you can play a PS3 with up to 4 players on 1 TV (i.e. split screen multiplayer)?
« Last Edit: May 16, 2006, 12:58:08 PM by phoenix1967 » Logged

Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #62 on: May 16, 2006, 02:09:00 PM »

Not that it would make a difference to me regarding purchasing one at launch, but does anyone even know if you can play a PS3 with up to 4 players on 1 TV (i.e. split screen multiplayer)?

I thik it is cool you care about 2-4 player split screen. You and Den are the only 2 people I know that care about that.

The Metamorphosing Leon
Laying on the green leaf, left and abandoned...
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #63 on: May 16, 2006, 02:51:52 PM »

Literal+add words into my mouth much there yap? Tongue Alright, so the Japanese aren't constantly keeling over from overplaying games, but it can't be denied it's a BIG market over there and it is indeed larger than ours.

Now I've said this before...Gaming is swiftly moving away from the pockets of low income families. Hell, I my family probably couldn't afford to just go out and get a Wii at this time. My point is that low income families should probably be out of the picture in this argument, yes I'm sure it'll affect some sales to those truly desperate parents but it all depends on who markets best; and in my mind the weird look and weird name of the Wii will come to haunt it. Name and appearance DO matter.

I'm sorry if I sound like a SONY fanboy but I assure you it's only skewing my thinking a little bit Wink

Godammit I could (and should because I never take the time to make my point) go on for hours about this sh!t but I don't really want too and it doesn't really matter...we'll see.

And I too love splitscreen...nothing beats Medal of Honor with the buds.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2006, 03:17:39 PM by The_Other_Leon » Logged

When shall his new form be revealed?
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #64 on: May 16, 2006, 03:06:49 PM »

in my mind the weird look and weird name of the Wii will come to haunt it. Name and appearance DO matter.

In the mind of most  people Wii = We how is that weird? The controller looks like a remote so thats not weird either.

And really, price is never as  factor. If you have the PS3 which has breaking edge technology, fun for the kids and God knows what else

If you really think price didnt matter to people everyone would drive the best car etc... Mom out shopping for Jr doesn''t give a rats ass if it is cutting edge technology. Well 99% of Moms anyways.

The Metamorphosing Leon
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #65 on: May 16, 2006, 03:22:44 PM »

Well, as I've said, most of my friends all think Nintendo is :crazy: :crazy: and if people actually look at what they're buying such as they do for cars and TV's and (although not as much as they should) PC's they'll find out which is the better deal. If they want the more gaming oriented Wii or the more elaborate 360 or PS3.

Also, Scott, that second part you quoted is to be stricken from the records as it was a larger elaboration I never finished and forgot to delete..
« Last Edit: May 16, 2006, 03:23:00 PM by The_Other_Leon » Logged

Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #66 on: May 16, 2006, 03:26:27 PM »

Also, Scott, that second part you quoted is to be stricken from the records as it was a larger elaboration I never finished and forgot to delete..

OK  laugh laugh laugh

Zanicnight
N-Gage

Stats
« Reply #67 on: May 16, 2006, 07:02:37 PM »

I will have all three systems in the end. and I plan on getting a PS3 near launch even thought I think it is a dumb more on my part. But I got a PS2 on launch and I never had a inch of trouble with it yet so I might get lucky with PS3 as well
phoenix1967
Nintendo DS
United States

Stats
« Reply #68 on: May 17, 2006, 05:43:52 AM »

I thik it is cool you care about 2-4 player split screen. You and Den are the only 2 people I know that care about that.

It's an absolute blast to have a bunch of buds over and beat the snot out of each other in the same room...Far Cry, Halo 3, MoH, various racing games, etc. I'm always on the lookout for 4P compatibility and system link possibilities.

Imo, if a shooter doesn't have 4P SS, I'm not buying it right away, it's not worth full price to me. I still haven't picked up Half Life 2 for this reason. For racing games, I'm willing to make exceptions (i.e. Burnout 3) but still prefer to have 4P (or even 2P/box with system link).

I'm keeping an eye out for Flatout 2 since it's supposed to have 4P SS for Xbox.

The Metamorphosing Leon
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #69 on: May 17, 2006, 08:48:05 AM »

Halo 3

When did you get that? Wink I agree, it's so much more fun than a bunch of people you can't see.

phoenix1967
Nintendo DS
United States

Stats
« Reply #70 on: May 17, 2006, 09:41:55 AM »

When did you get that? Wink I agree, it's so much more fun than a bunch of people you can't see.

Uh oh...I guess the cat's out of the bag...damn! Wink My career as a top-secret Microsoft playtester is doomed...

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length