RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 10:16:35 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where the PSP Go matters more than HBO Go.

RF Generation Message Board | Announcements and Feedback | Announcements and Feedback | Variation or separate entry question 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Variation or separate entry question  (Read 1033 times)
sharp
DB Contributor
Netherlands

Stats
« on: January 05, 2016, 01:54:22 PM »

I wonder why Ace Combat: Assault Horizon Legacy +  (U-182-S-00660-B) is currently listed as varition. I wanted to add my ukv version but as my surprise it's listed as a variation of the original release. On the otherhand Mario bros for the NES has two separte entries (E-027-S-03750-A and E-027-S-00293-A). As the differences between the Mario Bros games are smaller then the two version of Ace Combat I wonder which way is the correct one.
ApolloBoy
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2016, 01:10:43 AM »

On the otherhand Mario bros for the NES has two separte entries (E-027-S-03750-A and E-027-S-00293-A). As the differences between the Mario Bros games are smaller then the two version of Ace Combat I wonder which way is the correct one.
That's because those two entries for Mario Bros. are actually different games. The first one you linked to is actually based off the FDS game Kakettekita Mario Bros while the other is based on the original 1983 release.

[img width=468 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/PHP/banners.php?banner=collectionstats;user=ApolloBoy[/img]
Schlibby
DB Editor
United Kingdom

Stats
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2016, 02:59:34 AM »

On the otherhand Mario bros for the NES has two separte entries (E-027-S-03750-A and E-027-S-00293-A). As the differences between the Mario Bros games are smaller then the two version of Ace Combat I wonder which way is the correct one.
That's because those two entries for Mario Bros. are actually different games. The first one you linked to is actually based off the FDS game Kakettekita Mario Bros while the other is based on the original 1983 release.
I've never heard that before! Very interesting!

I see that German release also has an Italian release linked to it. Is that really this second version.

If so its another to add to my get list as I'm going for the complete PAL A set
« Last Edit: January 28, 2016, 03:51:33 AM by Schlibby » Logged
Schlibby
DB Editor
United Kingdom

Stats
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2016, 03:05:57 AM »

Just to add to my own post above, a quick eBay reveals there is an Italian GiG release of Mario Bros with the same artwork as the German Classic Serie.

So the question is, different game or just different artwork?

If different game then that means us PAL A collectors will have 297 licenced games to find, not 296!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length