RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 08:32:06 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where we play the Power Pad with our feet, not our hands, dagnabbit!

RF Generation Message Board | Collecting | Collection Connection | Favorite Subsets 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print
Author Topic: Favorite Subsets  (Read 7509 times)
Am4zingGam3r
Sega 32X
United States

Stats
« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2013, 01:32:16 PM »

I love my Big Box PC set

Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2013, 01:59:16 PM »

After finishing up my Taito NES set I think the next ones that I'm most excited to finish are the KOEI (need two more), Hudson (need one more) and Capcom (need two more) subsets. 3 of those 5 games are a little spendy though so it'll likely be a while.

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

300+ NES games beaten since October 2011

Co-Host of the Rfgeneration Collectorcast:
http://rfgenerationcollectorcast.podomatic.com/
Fokakis79
Donor

Stats
« Reply #17 on: July 05, 2013, 02:24:48 PM »

After finishing up my Taito NES set I think the next ones that I'm most excited to finish are the KOEI (need two more), Hudson (need one more) and Capcom (need two more) subsets. 3 of those 5 games are a little spendy though so it'll likely be a while.

How daunting is a KOEI subset, I am thinking of either doing the whole U.S. library or maybe just NES or only Sega Titles first. What is your suggestion?
« Last Edit: July 05, 2013, 03:01:32 PM by Fokakis79 » Logged

BadEnoughDude
Couldn't save the savior from savoring
Donor
United States
Awards: The 100k Man

Stats
« Reply #18 on: July 05, 2013, 02:30:42 PM »

The closest thing I have is Atlus titles for the PS2 and PSP, though it's been a while since I've actively bought either.

Minnesota represent.
Wii - 3952 3192 4794 1209
PS3 - DudeBadEnough
Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #19 on: July 05, 2013, 03:22:09 PM »

How daunting is a KOEI subset, I am thinking of either doing the whole U.S. library or maybe just NES or only Sega Titles first. What is your suggestion?

I was referring specifically to KOEI on the NES. Bandit Kings of Ancient China, Nobunaga's Ambition II, Gemfire and Romance of the Three Kingdoms II are gonna be your tricky titles. The rest arn't too bad. I can't speak too much for KOEI on other systems if that's what you're asking.

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

GrayGhost81
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #20 on: July 05, 2013, 03:39:21 PM »

The closest thing I have is Atlus titles for the PS2 and PSP, though it's been a while since I've actively bought either.

Do you have a Rule of Rose?

Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #21 on: July 05, 2013, 04:12:04 PM »

I do....... and it only cost me about $4  laugh

RetroRage
it's not that bad...You can barely notice it.
Donor

Stats
« Reply #22 on: July 05, 2013, 06:11:48 PM »

Personally, I'd have to say that Tengen is my favorite subset on NES.  At the moment, I'm 4 away from a complete Tengen set, missing Toobin', After Burner, Fantasy Zone, and Ms. Pac-Man.  After that, I haven't really decided on a subset to work on, but am leaning toward the famous Konami Silver Boxes.

I'm down to Indiana Jones and Pac-Mania.  I might get the variants too.  I already have the licensed Tengen games, i think pac-man 10th anniversary is the only variant i don't have yet.

GrayGhost81
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #23 on: July 05, 2013, 06:58:26 PM »

I do....... and it only cost me about $4  laugh

Well color me a little jealous.

Fokakis79
Donor

Stats
« Reply #24 on: July 05, 2013, 08:21:44 PM »

I was referring specifically to KOEI on the NES. Bandit Kings of Ancient China, Nobunaga's Ambition II, Gemfire and Romance of the Three Kingdoms II are gonna be your tricky titles. The rest arn't too bad. I can't speak too much for KOEI on other systems if that's what you're asking.

I was talking about both NES and other systems, so you answered my question perfectly. Smiley

Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #25 on: July 05, 2013, 08:34:49 PM »

I was talking about both NES and other systems, so you answered my question perfectly. Smiley

Most of the late release NES KOEI games are very cheap on the SNES. I'd imagine its the same on the Genesis too. If you just need one copy of each game that would be the easier way to do it. You could grab something like Gemfire for $15 on the SNES vs. $60+ on the NES.

Fokakis79
Donor

Stats
« Reply #26 on: July 05, 2013, 08:46:21 PM »

oh cool, thanks for the heads up, and yeah I think I will shoot for just one version of each title.

98PaceCar
Donor

Stats
« Reply #27 on: July 05, 2013, 10:41:17 PM »

I've got a couple I've done and some I'm still working on. The first big one I tackled was getting a CIB set of the Activision games for the 2600. Still working on getting a CIB set of the Imagic games, but a couple of those are pretty brutal.

I've also completed (I think) the light gun games for PS1 and PS2. None of the lists online are complete, so it was a tough one to finish out.
TheSaintOfPain
Atari 7800
United States

Stats
« Reply #28 on: July 05, 2013, 10:57:24 PM »

Personally, I'd have to say that Tengen is my favorite subset on NES.  At the moment, I'm 4 away from a complete Tengen set, missing Toobin', After Burner, Fantasy Zone, and Ms. Pac-Man.  After that, I haven't really decided on a subset to work on, but am leaning toward the famous Konami Silver Boxes.

I'm down to Indiana Jones and Pac-Mania.  I might get the variants too.  I already have the licensed Tengen games, i think pac-man 10th anniversary is the only variant i don't have yet.

I have all the licensed variante except, again, Ms. Pac-Man and the Pac-Man 10th Anniversary.  No luck finding 'em out in the wild so far.  :/

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Just Take A Look Around And What Do You See?
Pain, Suffering, And Misery.
It's Not The Way The World Was Planned;
It's A Pity You Don't Understand.

--Black Sabbath, "Killing Yourself To Live"
RetroRage
it's not that bad...You can barely notice it.
Donor

Stats
« Reply #29 on: July 06, 2013, 12:30:08 AM »

I have all the licensed variante except, again, Ms. Pac-Man and the Pac-Man 10th Anniversary.  No luck finding 'em out in the wild so far.  :/

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Yeah the 10th anniversary cart has been tricky for me too.  I haven't even seen it on Ebay.  I doubt it's too terribly rare or anything, I just can't seem to find it.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length