RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 22, 2024, 12:16:49 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: We really love that Sega Dreamcast fishing controller and Sega Bass Fishing.

RF Generation Message Board | Collecting | Collection Connection | Collection Milestones 0 Members and 4 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 173 Print
Author Topic: Collection Milestones  (Read 814256 times)
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #75 on: May 18, 2005, 06:44:56 PM »

After some cleaning up & counting recently I realized I had passed 450 boxed complete 2600 games.  It starts getting hairy when almost everything you're missing are costing $75 & up. Sad

The last $2000 I spent bought me roughly 15 games  

I need to work on the Sears boxes to hit that 500 mark, and keep my prices down some if I can..  

I really want to complete my 2600 collection. Smiley

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

Good luck!  I am trying to get to 300 total 2600 games. But most of mine are loose or loose with manual.

video_game_addict
Memorex VIS

WWW Stats
« Reply #76 on: May 18, 2005, 08:27:15 PM »

These are my two newest games, just received in the mail this afternoon:

I've got some wants that are still under $50, and then I have quite a few Sears branded games to track down, but mostly all I need are high priced games.  Collecting them CIB makes it a little harder.

I've sold off everything else I had though, besides for 5200, so now these are the only ones I collect. My 5200 collection is complete all CIB so I'm not spending much on that, besides for the homebrews as they come out. So I can throw pretty much all my funds to the 2600.

I'm thinking about adding the Vectrex in the mix eventually, since it's rather small, it shouldn't be so hard to buy them all in CIB form.  

Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #77 on: May 18, 2005, 09:10:14 PM »

Did you get those from Matt (Tempest)? And if you did and don't mind me asking did you pay what he was asking?

video_game_addict
Memorex VIS

WWW Stats
« Reply #78 on: May 19, 2005, 05:07:23 AM »

Yes & yes.

It's interesting to note this is the third guy to find these things, all came from South America. The first was a few months ago, someone on AA bought one copy of each along with alot of other NTSC games, and then he offered on the boards there. I don't know if he ever sold or not though.

Then a guy on ebay,  who had at least 2 Ikaris & 3 Motorodeos, maybe more?  He's kept one of each for his collection & sold 1 Ikari & 2 Motorodeos so far.  He may have more to sell.  His have been going for the same price that Matt was selling for this third guy.  The third guy sent Matt 8 copies of each, Matt kept one set, then the other 7 he's working on selling now.  

I'm not sure if there are any more of them out there or not, but Matt seems to think this guy bought everything the original owner had. So after these are gone, probably won't see anymore around.  

It's alot of money to spend if these turn into common games 6 months from now. Shocked  I think though, maybe a few boxes of these were purchased from Atari back in the day for some shop in SA, and these are probably all that exist.  Only time will tell.  

I just didn't won't to miss out on them, if these do dry up again.  

It's crazy to think that some of Ataris own could be so rare!  
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #79 on: May 19, 2005, 07:38:58 AM »

Well i hope for you they don't not become common because that is a lot of cash.

Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #80 on: May 28, 2005, 10:23:16 AM »

I got 2 more Geneis sgames CIB and that put my total CIB Genesis games at 600. I have 617 Genesis games overall.

thx1138
3DO

Stats
« Reply #81 on: May 29, 2005, 02:21:08 AM »

My collection has changed again.

sold a lot of it, again, decided to focus on SEGA.

My SEGA collection is doing very nicely, just shy of 225 boxed Megadrive, and approx 50 boxed SEGA., 40 Saturn

I always seem to have plenty of games for all systems lying about anyway.

I decided to take this new step, of being even more focused, when I ran out of shelf space for my Megadrive titles. My handheld collection is doing quite nicely too, both Gameboy, Gamegear types, and game and watch types - they take up less space, and sit nicely alongside my calculators.

I see it more of an evolution in my collecting, becoming more selective, pruning a growing tree to use a similie, rather than the hatchet job i did to raise funds about a year and half ago.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2005, 02:22:08 AM by thx1138 » Logged

10 PRINT "THX is still skill"
20 GOTO 10
30 REM 24th Sept 2017 ;-)

RUN
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #82 on: June 09, 2005, 03:00:33 PM »

I passed the 1900 game mark. Once I get the stuff from Antimind that  we did a trade for.

Also passed the 300 game mark for the Atari 2600.

I need 1 more game to have 100 Intellivision game and 12 more to have 100 Saturn games.

Speedy_NES
NES
RFG Friend
Belgium

Stats
« Reply #83 on: June 09, 2005, 03:22:31 PM »

Impressive man!!  How many "completed" collections do you have now?

-Speedy

[img width=406 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/yabbattach/lordnep.gif[/img]
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #84 on: June 09, 2005, 04:45:04 PM »

Impressive man!!  How many "completed" collections do you have now?

-Speedy

Kinda 4

32X all CIB
Odyssey 2 all CIB
7800 The 3 missing US games I have in PAL format
SMS I have the 1 missing US game in PAL format. All are CIB

I am working on Genesis still as my main project and the Intellivision and Sega CD as my side projects.

Speedy_NES
NES
RFG Friend
Belgium

Stats
« Reply #85 on: June 09, 2005, 05:05:26 PM »

Not bad man!!  I wish I had a complete collection for a system...I should've never started collecting NES stuff...there's no end to it! Wink  

-Speedy

[img width=406 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/yabbattach/lordnep.gif[/img]
Sauza12
DB Contributor
Awards: 06 RFG Baseball Winner

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #86 on: June 10, 2005, 06:53:38 AM »

Shocked

That is damn impressive man.  Makes me wish I wasn't in a money slump.
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #87 on: June 10, 2005, 07:02:26 AM »

Shocked

That is damn impressive man.  Makes me wish I wasn't in a money slump.

I have gotten my stuff over the last 5 years.

Sauza12
DB Contributor
Awards: 06 RFG Baseball Winner

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #88 on: June 10, 2005, 11:39:33 AM »

Yeah, I've been collecting for 3 or 4 years now and your collection is twice as big as mine.  
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #89 on: June 10, 2005, 12:03:19 PM »

Yeah, I've been collecting for 3 or 4 years now and your collection is twice as big as mine.  

I have gotten very lucky with some of my finds. PLus I have gotten stuff for free.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 173 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length