RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 02:31:55 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Track your collection from the Magnavox Odyssey to Super Mario Odyssey!

RF Generation Message Board | Announcements and Feedback | The Thinktank | Game Discussion Board 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Game Discussion Board  (Read 1391 times)
moonraker_fats
Donor
United States

Stats
« on: January 25, 2013, 02:15:16 AM »

As a RF Gen FNG, I'm not sure if this idea has been looked at before, but some comments in the "Progress Tracker" thread had me thinking that it would be awesome to have a discussion thread linked to each game in the Collector's Tools.

For example, if I looked up a game in the database and was looking at the page that shows its info, collection stats, photos, etc.; it would be awesome if there was a discussion threat at the bottom where members could write their comments on that specific game.

I'm thinking things like mini-reviews, historical info, specifics on how to identify why it's a variant, or just what you liked/disliked about the game.

Now I'm not very technically inclined so I have no idea how hard that would be or if its even feasible...but RF Gen has some smart mofos, and this would be a good place for them to share what they know and for dummies like me to soak up that knowledge Smiley

[img width=95 height=39]http://www.rfgeneration.com/images/banners/RFGmicrobar01.gif[/img]
techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2013, 02:46:01 AM »

this  isn't exactly what you mean, but there is a bunch of extra sections for entries that are rarely submitted for, like trivia. some of what you mentioned could fit into one of those boxes. as for an actual discussion tied to an entry, i'm not sure...it's a neat idea though.
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2013, 09:56:05 AM »

That would add almost 80,000 extra child boards to the forum, and be extremely difficult for the staff to moderate.

Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2013, 10:19:49 AM »

Go check out x360a.org every game has its own board and many of them get ignored or have a dozen topics like
"is it good?"
"this game sucks"
"glitch on level 1 LOST SAVE FILE"
"glitch on level one save file erased"
"save file erased in level glitch am i screwed?"
"did anyone buy this game?"

Obviously some of them have some useful information.
But really i would find it extremely excessive and unnecessary when you can talk about any game(s) right here on the forums or in your personal blog, or submit things like trivia and reviews to the game/hardware pages.

moonraker_fats
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2013, 10:13:17 PM »

Yeah, it seemed like a good idea at first, but between the drain on resources and already available forum options, my idea seems a liitle unnecessary...thanks for the feedback!

[img width=95 height=39]http://www.rfgeneration.com/images/banners/RFGmicrobar01.gif[/img]
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2013, 11:27:25 AM »

Yeah, it seemed like a good idea at first, but between the drain on resources and already available forum options, my idea seems a liitle unnecessary...thanks for the feedback!

I like the idea though, and it piggybacks off the feedback from driph about having personalized information for each game... seems there may be some interest in it after all. Tongue

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length