RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 02, 2024, 11:04:57 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Track your collection from the Magnavox Odyssey to Super Mario Odyssey!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | The random game game 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Print
Author Topic: The random game game  (Read 9552 times)
NES_Rules
Director
United States
Awards: I live here

Stats
« Reply #45 on: November 12, 2008, 10:22:15 PM »

I got Donkey Kong for the Atari 2600. I've got 9 copies of this game, so I probably got a copy of it each time I bought an Atari and/or games. I believe the only time I played it was when I first got it to check out the classic. Definitely a fun game, but DKC is still my favorite Donkey Kong game.

Tan
« Reply #46 on: November 13, 2008, 07:56:26 AM »

Personal Finance for the VIC-20
Bought 6-8 months ago
Never played

Not a game per se but it's still a neat app and my only CIB VIC cartridge I have at the moment.

==========

Metal Gear Solid - PS1
Bought a year or two ago, not really sure.
Never played

I played this game 10 years or so when it was first released it, didn't care much for it. Always thought more highly of Syphon Filter at that time. Bought it mainly as a collector indulgence which at $5 was no big deal.
Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #47 on: November 13, 2008, 10:32:07 AM »

What don't you like about the Tales battle system?

First off im not much of a fan of real time battles in my RPGs, so I came in biased. Next thing I didnt like was that even though the game had real time battles they made you enter the battle on the overworld. If its real time just have enemies in the overworld you can fight without loading a battle. Makes it seems slow and weird to me.

What game did you get (and what system)? Vertical Force (VB)
When did you buy that game? approx. 2 years ago
Why did you buy that game? Came with a Virtual Boy lot
When was the last time you played it? Approx. a year and a half ago
Any thoughts on that game? Tons of fun. Even though I suck at most shooters like that I love to play them. Was very interesting having the two layers to worry about during each level. I should put this one in again soon!!

What game did you get (and what system)? Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket Slime (NDS)
When did you buy that game? about a year ago
Why did you buy that game? needed something to play during graveyard shifts
When was the last time you played it? about a year ago
Any thoughts on that game? To easy. Fun but repetative.

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

300+ NES games beaten since October 2011

Co-Host of the Rfgeneration Collectorcast:
http://rfgenerationcollectorcast.podomatic.com/
Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium
Awards: 2016 & 2018 Fantasy Football Winner

WWW Stats
« Reply #48 on: November 13, 2008, 11:49:46 AM »

What game did you get (and what system)? Age of Mythology: The Titans Expansion
When did you buy that game? Shortly after release.
Why did you buy that game? Because AoM is awesome.
When was the last time you played it? A year and a half ago, I think.
Any thoughts on that game? The perfect expansion. Cheesy
Chainclaw
Jaguar CD
United States

Stats
« Reply #49 on: November 13, 2008, 10:00:31 PM »

That's too bad you feel that way about that subsection of action RPGs. Personally it's one of my favorite genres. I've always been a big fan of the Tales series. I never like the story, but the gameplay usually keeps me going.

Here's my games for the day.
Shadow Man - Dreamcast. I picked this up in 2002, when I worked at ShopKo, and there was a lot of new Dreamcast games at $10 one step away from being on clearance. I last played it a few weeks after picking it up. It's an OK game, pretty unique setting and world, but the gameplay was kind of lacking.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II: The Arcade Game : NES. I just picked this up today, that's kind of nifty. Have not played this copy yet, but I've played this game many times. The NES port of the arcade game is pretty strong, it's unfortunately only two players, but still fun. Last played it a few months ago on the NES for some reason.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2008, 10:02:23 PM by Chainclaw » Logged
Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #50 on: November 14, 2008, 10:47:16 AM »

What game did you get (and what system)? Beyond Good & Evil (NGC)
When did you buy that game? about 3 years ago
Why did you buy that game? Heard great things
When was the last time you played it? about 2 and a half years ago
Any thoughts on that game? Loved it. Wish the sequel was coming out for a system that I actually plan on owning.

What game did you get (and what system)? Castle of Dragon
When did you buy that game? about a year and a half ago
Why did you buy that game? came in a large NES lot purchased online
When was the last time you played it? about a year ago
Any thoughts on that game? I didnt have high hopes going in cause i'd never heard of it but it was actually pretty fun.

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

NES_Rules
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #51 on: November 14, 2008, 10:51:09 AM »

I got Mortal Kombat II for the SNES. I've got two copies of the game, one of which I got May 2nd, 2007 in a lot for $35. I've never played the game and probably never will as I'm just not into fighting games.

Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #52 on: November 19, 2008, 07:41:25 PM »

What game did you get (and what system)? Sega Rally Championship: International Rally (Saturn)
When did you buy that game? About 2 and a half years ago
Why did you buy that game? Came with a Saturn I bought off ebay
When was the last time you played it? Never
Any thoughts on that game? Not a racing fan unless its completely unrealistic

What game did you get (and what system)? Resident Evil 2 (N64)
When did you buy that game? About 3 weeks ago
Why did you buy that game? To have all the RE (except 4 cause its lame)
When was the last time you played it? Havnt played RE2 for about 7 years or so
Any thoughts on that game? From what I remember this one was my favorite, and the scariest. Right now i've finished RE:Zero and am very close to finishing RE so once im done with RE ill start on RE2, then 3, then Code: VX

Tan
« Reply #53 on: November 19, 2008, 08:55:40 PM »

Triple Action for the Intellivision

Bought 5 years ago when I had picked up a lot off eBay of 20 or so games + system.

It's one of the first games I remember ever playing and I was pleasantly surprised when I started it up after so many years because I had forgotten the title so I didn't know what it was until the massive wave of nostalgia hit me.  Smiley

Technically the last time I played it was last year. But I have the Intellivision Lives! compilation on the Xbox/X360 where the three games are broken up into individual entries and I play that regularly.

Fun simple games that were obviously copied from Atari titles, but better looking and better sounding. I wouldn't say this is a particularly good INTV compared to others but it holds a special place for me and for some of these older games that's what gets them into the cartridge slots a lot of the time.
Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #54 on: November 21, 2008, 09:10:57 PM »

I'm feel like im doing this too much, but I dont care cause its fun.

What game did you get (and what system)? Crystalis (NES)
When did you buy that game? a few months ago
Why did you buy that game? Heard great things plus I got a good deal for this, FF and Golgo 13 all with boxes in excellent condition
When was the last time you played it? a few months ago
Any thoughts on that game? Tons of fun. Like a more full feeling Zelda. My only complaint is that you dont get a whole lot of direction as to where to go, so I often wandered around aimlessly when it was something very simple I was missing.

What game did you get (and what system)? Touch Detective 2 1/2 (DS)
When did you buy that game? Last X-mas
Why did you buy that game? Stocking stuffer for my wife
When was the last time you played it? 8-9 months ago
Any thoughts on that game? First mission was great, second was repetative, third was repetative, etc. etc. etc.

NES_Rules
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #55 on: November 21, 2008, 09:31:44 PM »

I got a piece of hardware this time, the Titan Controller for PS2. I got this when I bought my used PS2 from Gamestop a while back. I used this as my main controller for quite some time until I found a DualShock to replace it.

The second game was Zany Golf for the Genesis. I have no idea where or when I got this one. I don't think I've ever played and if I did it was only for a few minutes. So I've got no opinions on this one.

Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #56 on: November 22, 2008, 08:30:22 PM »

What game did you get (and what system)? Mr.Driller Drill Spirits (DS)
When did you buy that game? 3 years agoish
Why did you buy that game? Not much choice when I first got my DS.
When was the last time you played it? A year ago
Any thoughts on that game? Loved it. Wasnt sure when I got it but it looked like it had potential. I spent many hours on this one drilling to the moon.

What game did you get (and what system)? Dark Savior (Saturn)
When did you buy that game? 2-3 months ago
Why did you buy that game? Got a bunch of Saturn titles at the same time
When was the last time you played it? Not yet
Any thoughts on that game? I need a new battery or ram pack for my saturn before I can enjoy this one.

Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium
Awards: 2016 & 2018 Fantasy Football Winner

WWW Stats
« Reply #57 on: November 22, 2008, 08:40:54 PM »

What game did you get (and what system)? Warcraft III: Reign of Chaos
When did you buy that game? Only a year ago.
Why did you buy that game? Because it's a good game and I found it cheap.
When was the last time you played it? I think 2 months ago, maybe less?
Any thoughts on that game? It's a great game.
Chainclaw
Jaguar CD
United States

Stats
« Reply #58 on: November 24, 2008, 10:42:34 PM »

Nintendo DS : Hotel Dusk: Room 215
Picked it up shortly after it came out, due to all of the hype. I really was enjoying it, but my interest sort of fizzled out, the pacing is a little too slow. Last played it probably 6 months ago or so.

PS2 : Gitaroo Man
Picked it up in 2003, used for like $10. I had been eying it for a while, but the box art was too busy and the game looked too anime for me. I eventually caved in, and it is one of the greatest games in the PS2's library, I ended up playing it countless hours since then. I most recently played it probably a year ago.
Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #59 on: December 06, 2008, 08:49:17 PM »

What game did you get (and what system)? P.T.O. II (Sega Saturn)
When did you buy that game? A couple months ago
Why did you buy that game? Came with a stack of Saturn games such as, Dragon Force, Shining Wisdom, Dark Savior and others
When was the last time you played it? Have not got around to replacing my Saturns battery yet so I havnt tried this one out.
Any thoughts on that game? I'll Let you know when I know

What game did you get (and what system)? Radiata Stories (PS2)
When did you buy that game? A few months ago
Why did you buy that game? Saw a cheap RPG so I figured, why not?
When was the last time you played it? Havnt got around to it yet. I've got many other games on my backlog that are waaaaay higher on my priority list that this one.
Any thoughts on that game? See Above.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length