RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 18, 2024, 04:42:12 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Track your collection from the Magnavox Odyssey to Super Mario Odyssey!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | Neo Geo X portable 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Neo Geo X portable  (Read 3277 times)
wildbil52
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2012, 08:06:21 AM »

I thought I read it was going to be $200. Still a bit high for me, but we'll see.

blcklblskt
Nintendo 64
DB Contributor
United States
Awards: 2017 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #16 on: August 13, 2012, 12:54:33 PM »

Awesome.  I don't think I'm going to spend $200 on it, but it looks really cool.
blcklblskt
Nintendo 64
DB Contributor
United States

Stats
« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2012, 11:19:37 AM »

http://www.engadget.com/2...standalone-130-price-tag/

ZOMG $130.  I may buy myself this for Christmas.  I'm a sucker for handhelds.
slackur
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #18 on: September 12, 2012, 12:29:12 PM »

I don't believe it has AES cart support (as mentioned earlier in this thread), but the charging dock doubles as an HDMI port with the ability to play on classic style Neo Geo controllers.  No word yet on if we can use existing controllers on the dock or if they are something with new pin-outs.

This, gentlemen, is a part of me that even I don't understand; I have an AES, a CMVS, a multicart for said CMVS, the SNK compilations, and a ton of portable systems, and yet I can't convince myself that I don't want this. 

And thank you, evil Gamestop, for grabbing my arm and twisting it; apparently you get Ninja Masters (on an actual card, no less, and not just pre-installed) for pre-order. 

http://www.gamestop.com/e...gold/104733#bonusFeatures

Hope some other retailer gives this bonus. 
It's the inclusion of this card that actually has me sold on this thing; not for Ninja Masters in particular, but because it means (hopefully) it will be supported with more software on cards. 

Yes, I know about hacked PSPs, emulation, and the fact that this thing runs on Linux and therefore will be hacked and someone will just stuff every Neo Geo game on a single card, and it will be nearly the same thing.

But to have a collection of official Neo Geo cards for this thing just pushes the right buttons for me. Cheesy

Keelah se'lai
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #19 on: September 12, 2012, 01:47:47 PM »

Damn it, it has cards? Why did you mention that, slackur? Now I may have to actually own one.

slackur
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #20 on: September 12, 2012, 02:05:36 PM »

Damn it, it has cards? Why did you mention that, slackur? Now I may have to actually own one.

Yeah, that's where it hooked me.  A quirky portable dedicated to Neo Geo with a bunch of readily available games pre-installed, sure, maybe as a curio when it's cheap.  A new system with classic games re-released on a physical platform?  Suddenly I wanna pre-order and pick up a second controller.  Yesterday.

Keelah se'lai
blcklblskt
Nintendo 64
DB Contributor
United States

Stats
« Reply #21 on: September 13, 2012, 09:16:25 AM »

This.  Now I want the $200 version.  Thankfully I have about $100 of GameStop credit.
Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #22 on: January 24, 2013, 09:57:29 PM »

http://m.joystiq.com/2013...roduction-ceases-in-japan

Well that was fast.

slackur
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #23 on: January 24, 2013, 10:26:11 PM »

I may be wrong, but I believe it is just the limited edition now out of print. Retailers are still listing the stand alone unit for sale in a few months.

Keelah se'lai
Am4zingGam3r
Sega 32X
United States

Stats
« Reply #24 on: January 27, 2013, 06:45:22 PM »

I bought myself the Gold Edition, kind of dissapointed...

slackur
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #25 on: January 28, 2013, 09:27:32 AM »

As expected, the Neo Geo X's death was greatly exaggerated.  Clarified in an official statement (http://www.joystiq.com/20...games-peripherals-on-the/) the Limited Edition is done, now onto the normal versions.

Gamestop has the standalone handheld as a $130 reserve releasing on 4/9/13:
http://www.gamestop.com/e.../neogeo-x-handheld/104734

Keelah se'lai
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length