RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 03:38:38 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Burgers from trash cans taste the best.

RF Generation Message Board | Collecting | Collection Connection | new shelving :) 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: new shelving :)  (Read 1268 times)
techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« on: November 23, 2012, 06:13:57 PM »

my family was getting rid of a pair of matching bookcases that were perfect for my big box games and console boxes. pics below:

Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2012, 06:23:21 PM »

Looks awesome.

Fix the flap on that 3DS box.

techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2012, 06:47:05 PM »

ya i really need to get around to doing that. you don't even know the worst of it though, when i first tried opening it i wasn't sure which side was the proper one to open, and it turns out i opened the wrong side first. so now both flaps are like that, it's such a stupid design for those flaps to be glued down instead of using tabs like every other system. i do have some sticky pads i use to hang posters, i might be able to make that work.

edit: just tried the sticky pads, they worked perfectly. but of course they can only be used on the one side that shouldn't open...the proper side that's supposed to open is kind of forever screwed unfortunately, unless i wanted to permanently sealed it back up.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2012, 06:53:23 PM by techwizard » Logged
blcklblskt
Nintendo 64
DB Contributor
United States
Awards: 2017 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2012, 11:24:23 PM »

That Killzone 3 CE box looks so mean.  I'm sure I've said it before, but I'd love to find that for like $20.
Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2012, 11:29:09 PM »

Nice book cases. Those boxes look great.

I see a collector's edition Alan Wake. That's my favourite 360 game.

"Another exciting Canadian"

Like RPGs and Indie Games? Check out my blog!

Co-host of the RF Gen PlayCast http://rfgenplaycast.podbean.com/
Silent Scythe
TurboGrafx-16
United States

Stats
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2012, 01:48:17 AM »

Reminds me of the shelf I used to keep my guides and magazines on. I remember having a panic attack one day as the middle shelf broke and everything on the bottom was in danger of being crushed. Luckily I was in the room when it happened and I managed to get it under control quick enough so that there was no major damage to worry about. Thankfully my brother hooked me up with a bigger shelf with thick glass panes. Hopefully they hold up.
techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2012, 05:34:36 AM »

@blcklblskt the helmet is really cool, and the game was a lot of fun. it was quite a while ago when i bought it, but i think mine was either $40 or $50, which isn't bad for a CE like that.

@Fleach Alan Wake is actually the only 360 game i've beaten. it was amazing, definitely one of the best games i've played this year.

@Silent Scythe i'm not too worried about mine, even though the boxes are big, nothing on it is very heavy. if you had a shelf load of magazines those could easily weigh more than a handful of collector's editions or consoles.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length