RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 03, 2024, 08:44:37 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: This land is peaceful, it's inhabitants kind.

RF Generation Message Board | Other | The Gym | Baseball Talk 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Print
Author Topic: Baseball Talk  (Read 16980 times)
den68
loves White Castle!
DB Contributor

Stats
« Reply #45 on: June 29, 2006, 12:33:24 PM »

I think the Tigers pitching is for real. After the 3 games with the Brewers, who have a very powerful offense, there pitching was outstanding. I think they are  here for the long haul, Reds...not so much.

they are on pace to have 4 starters with 20 wins. I can't believe the way the Tigers are playing. anything can still happen but I think they will be in the race for the long haul. with the White Sox nipping at their heels they can't let up. I think it's keeping them sharp, they don't have any margin for error. if they ease up the White Sox will catch and pass them.

blittle313
Tiger Gizmondo

WWW Stats
« Reply #46 on: June 29, 2006, 06:32:43 PM »

1984 vs. 2006

The 1984 Detroit Tigers were 57-27 at the All-Star break.
The 2006 Detroit Tigers are 54-25 currently.
We currently have 9 games to play before the All-Star break.
den68
loves White Castle!
DB Contributor

Stats
« Reply #47 on: June 30, 2006, 05:01:44 AM »

man it's hard to imagine the 06 Tigers being better than the 84 team. it would be a beautiful thing though.

it is starting to feel that way though. I remember watching games in 84 and just knowing they would win. this team is starting to get that aura. the one difference seems to be that the 84 Tigers would pounce on teams early, these Tigers seems to keep it close then bust it open in the late innings.

I went to the game Tuesday night where they faced Clemens with Phoenix and blittle313. it was 0-0 till the 7th when they got 2 on against Clemens. Houston goes to it's pen and bam, 3 runs, game over.

it's just great to have winning baseball back in Detroit.

segarocks30
N-Gage

Stats
« Reply #48 on: June 30, 2006, 07:10:49 AM »

Jesus, the freaking Red Sox are on a roll. I'm a Sox fan By the way. 12 games straight and we took 3 from the mets. Hell, maybe even toronto will creep up and knock the Yanks out of 2nd.
Sauza12
DB Contributor
Awards: 06 RFG Baseball Winner

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #49 on: June 30, 2006, 07:19:28 AM »

I can't wait to see this weeks power rankings on ESPN.com.  They pretty much refuse to put the Tigers at number 1 even though they have had the best record in baseball for 2 months straight, except for one day.

I'm pretty sure that Boston will be at the no.1 slot with the White Sox at 2 and Detroit at 3.

I do have to admit, it would be hard to put anyone ahead of Boston right now.  12 straight.  Jesus Christ.
segarocks30
N-Gage

Stats
« Reply #50 on: June 30, 2006, 08:00:46 AM »

I can't wait to see this weeks power rankings on ESPN.com.  They pretty much refuse to put the Tigers at number 1 even though they have had the best record in baseball for 2 months straight, except for one day.

I'm pretty sure that Boston will be at the no.1 slot with the White Sox at 2 and Detroit at 3.

I do have to admit, it would be hard to put anyone ahead of Boston right now.  12 straight.  Jesus Christ.

You gotta deal with ESPN, they are always biased to the teams they think everyone really watches.
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #51 on: June 30, 2006, 10:25:36 AM »

You gotta deal with ESPN, they are always biased to the teams they think everyone really watches.

That is so true it is sick. I f')ng hate ESPN. Everything somebody says on Sports Center is sponsored by some thing.

INVOK3R
Memorex VIS
United States

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #52 on: July 16, 2006, 09:03:05 PM »

How about Johan Santana and Francisco Liriano for the Twins.  If it weren't for the Detroit Tigers and Chicago White Sox, the Twins would be leading the AL Central.

Play in your world... Die in mine!
NESJunkie
Sega 32X

WWW Stats
« Reply #53 on: July 17, 2006, 01:23:46 PM »

ESPN only cares about NY and Boston in baseball. The rest of us can rot as far as they care. It's hard to imagine them showing Brewers highlights first unless someone hits for the cycle or throws a no hitter. Maybe, then maybe they'd be first. Nah who am I kidding, Jeter would go 1 for 4 with a single an the Yankees would be first.

I was the 13th member to join this site. My parents were married on Friday the 13th. I was married on the 13th. Feeling lucky?

Here is a link to my profile on VAPS. I am mainly an arcade collector now. http://www.vaps.org/membe...tail.php?member_id=381193
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #54 on: July 17, 2006, 03:58:23 PM »

That is one of the many reason ESPN sucks complete ass.

Kevincal
Donor
United States
Awards: RFG Promoter

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #55 on: July 19, 2006, 01:29:00 AM »

I'm an A's and Giants fan since I've lived in the bay area of Cali my whole life.  I'm going to an A's vs. Redsox game this Monday.  The seats are pretty darn good too.  5 rows up right between home plate and the left field foul pole.  Smiley

Cherish the most important things in life, your health & family.
captain_nintendo
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #56 on: July 19, 2006, 08:23:49 AM »

I have been an A's fan since 1985. Thanks in part to them broadcasting on a Prescott channel I barely got a signal for Smiley

The A.L. west looks pretty weak. I think they can pull it off. Hopefully they keep Zito around. I am sick of them trading off or not signing our top players  hmm

INVOK3R
Memorex VIS
United States

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #57 on: July 19, 2006, 02:04:14 PM »

I thought the A's had something going with their starting rotation in 2003 with Zito, Hudson, and Mulder.  And Harden was just getting started.

Play in your world... Die in mine!
captain_nintendo
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #58 on: July 19, 2006, 06:39:07 PM »

Well they traded away Hudson and Mulder because they couldnt afford to keep them. And why wait to lose them to free agency when you can get prospects and picks back for them. I am sure they A's heavily scouted the farm system of the Cardinals and the Braves before the trade. The A's are one of the best teams at scouting and developing talent in the Majors.

You kind of have to be  Sad

Kevincal
Donor
United States
Awards: RFG Promoter

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #59 on: July 19, 2006, 08:59:39 PM »

I have been an A's fan since 1985. Thanks in part to them broadcasting on a Prescott channel I barely got a signal for Smiley

The A.L. west looks pretty weak. I think they can pull it off. Hopefully they keep Zito around. I am sick of them trading off or not signing our top players  hmm

Yep, you're right on all accounts.

Cherish the most important things in life, your health & family.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length