RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 08, 2024, 06:57:18 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: We really love that Sega Dreamcast fishing controller and Sega Bass Fishing.

RF Generation Message Board | Collecting | Collection Connection | Forgotten Collection 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print
Author Topic: Forgotten Collection  (Read 8552 times)
Sauza12
DB Contributor
Awards: 06 RFG Baseball Winner

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2014, 07:44:59 AM »

Just a bit of warning that you can use a 32x with it, it really isn't advisable.  I've heard of 32xs damaging CDX and considering how valuable those are, it would probably be better to just use a standard Genesis instead.  If your 32x fries your Genesis theres a good chance another collector is using one as a door stop and can send it to you pretty cheaply  Wink
Boshamp
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2014, 11:44:49 AM »

Thank you both for the responses. When I saw a price estimate over 100 bucks, I did a little jig. I know I wouldn't have likely spent more than around 10 bucks on the thing, so that is good. It is good to know it uses the same A/V cables I have dups of and since I have the power supply, I can finally play SEGA CD games now! To my knowledge, I do not own a regular SEGA CD, but I didn't know I owned this, so who knows, right?

Boshamp
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2014, 02:48:09 AM »

Digging through more stuff tonight. Found out I own a Genesis 3, another Genesis 1, and that I already owned a PSX, so now I have at least two. Should be a pretty good, large list of stuff once I get all my duplicate stuff together and organized for selling/trading.

mumboking
Do you feel the heartbeat of the land?
PlayStation
United Kingdom

WWW Stats
« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2014, 11:21:47 AM »

...I already owned a PSX, so now I have at least two...
PSX or PS1?
I'm just picky... Wink
Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2014, 12:12:04 PM »

If we are being picky you should mean PSX, PS or PSOne then shouldn't you?

Boshamp
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2014, 01:21:39 PM »

I made sure to type PSX to enforce the difference, but what is the difference between a PSX and PS? I don't think I have heard of that one, I was only aware of two different types of gen 1 Playstations. So far in digging through the pile I have found Two PSX's, and Two PSOne's.

What has surprised me most is the amount and variety of SEGA stuff I keep finding as I dig. I ran into another 32X the other night, and I didn't even know I had one originally, much less all the hookups and a game for it. (Doom)

mumboking
PlayStation
United Kingdom

WWW Stats
« Reply #21 on: July 12, 2014, 01:34:55 PM »

I made sure to type PSX to enforce the difference, but what is the difference between a PSX and PS? I don't think I have heard of that one, I was only aware of two different types of gen 1 Playstations. So far in digging through the pile I have found Two PSX's, and Two PSOne's.
But, a PSX (This is a clickable link!) is a combined DVR and PS2.
Do you have two of those then? Tongue
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #22 on: July 12, 2014, 02:17:17 PM »

PlayStation != PS1 != PSone != PSX
Blah, blah, blah...

Boshamp
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #23 on: July 15, 2014, 02:22:47 AM »

I thought the original was referred to as the PSX with the release of the PSOne...No, I do not have two of those...although that would be SICK!

Two ORIGINAL Playstations and Two PSOnes. ha ha

Boshamp
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #24 on: July 17, 2014, 01:09:22 AM »

I think I might suffer from what I am calling "Console confusion"...I consider myself a Nintendo guy, but after finding another SEGA box today...I might just be a SEGA guy trapped in a Nintendo guy's body.

[img width=550 height=328]http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m232/Scott_Breaze/WP_20140716_001_zps07defdc1.jpg[/img]

mumboking
PlayStation
United Kingdom

WWW Stats
« Reply #25 on: July 17, 2014, 12:53:48 PM »

I think I might suffer from what I am calling "Console confusion"...I consider myself a Nintendo guy, but after finding another SEGA box today...I might just be a SEGA guy trapped in a Nintendo guy's body.

[img width=550 height=328]http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m232/Scott_Breaze/WP_20140716_001_zps07defdc1.jpg[/img]
I spy DOOM in the 32X.
How many of these work though?
Boshamp
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #26 on: July 17, 2014, 02:17:36 PM »

Of all the cabling in the box with these, I couldn't find anything that I can see is specifically labeled for the 32X, the CDX, or the Genesis 3. I am not sure if any other cables are compatible or were reused for multiple systems by SEGA though. I have limited knowledge when it comes to retro SEGA. The Master systems, Genesis 1's, Genesis 2's, Dreamcasts, Game gear, the PODS, and all the controllers with them all are tested and in working condition.

Addicted
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #27 on: July 17, 2014, 02:26:57 PM »

@Boshamp: I've always liked Game Trog's how to website:

http://www.gametrog.com/G...o_NES_SUPER_SNES_N64.html

Stephen Kick: “The thing about classic games was that they were the first for an entire generation. Successive works are going to be important to individuals and even to groups, but never to a whole generation in the same way.”
Boshamp
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #28 on: July 17, 2014, 08:09:34 PM »

Wow...my exact issue...right on the home page. ha ha Thank you for that, sir!

Addicted
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #29 on: July 18, 2014, 07:39:50 AM »

You're welcome. Glad I could help!

I would like to add in power supply specifications for the different consoles to the database.

Stephen Kick: “The thing about classic games was that they were the first for an entire generation. Successive works are going to be important to individuals and even to groups, but never to a whole generation in the same way.”
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length