RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 13, 2024, 09:05:55 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where we play the Power Pad with our feet, not our hands, dagnabbit!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | Baitohel 2000 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Baitohel 2000  (Read 1479 times)
TraderJake
Retired Lord of the Forum
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« on: October 04, 2005, 04:01:52 PM »

Look at this wonderful game down below. Apparently Nintendo has decided to make zombie versions of Mario and Luigi and put them in a WarioWare clone in an effort to make more money! Looks cute doesn't it, after-all, who ever thought that the Japanese even did Halloween? I sure know that I did not, unless it is Sunday and you are in Ginza. But there is something fishy about this...

Turns out that this game is Baitohel 2000, a PSP game that was recently shown at the Tokyo Game Show. Even better, this game is a first party game! How strange then that characters that appear to be a knock off of Mario and Luigi would show up in a WarioWare clone, don't you think?

So, I suppose I am going for two things here:

1) Sony, please don't try to milk Nintendo's cash cow. These characters are really close to the two largest IPs that Nintendo has, and you are just asking for a lawsuit. Add in a game that apparently plays really similar to Wario Ware, you could have yourself a legal nightmare.

2) Who the hell does Sony think they are? As a company that pimps its graphical prowess and has in the past discouraged 2D gaming, why does this game look like horse manuer? If they want to capitalize on the fact their little PSP can process jawdropping graphics, doesn't this title work against that agenda? I see its graphical style as a clear ripoff  the Wario Ware franchise. It's nice and all that Sony wants to capitalize on a rather popular concept, but perhaps this approach is not going to be the most lucrative when an IP lawsuit is slapped in their general direction.

To show that this game really does exist, here is a link to the official site:

http://www.playstation.jp/scej/title/bh2000/

Hello World.
Shimra
Sega CD

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2005, 04:06:52 PM »

Ok I'm going to try and be a productive member by saying that it also has a clear ripoff of Mario Kart in the game, clear rip off of Bowser and Wario and whatnot.
Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2005, 04:37:15 PM »

Hahahahaha i actually think that is pretty awesome.

Honestly i don't know if Nintendo will be able to do anything about it either.
While it does have the "likeness" of the Nintendo characters there is nothign more.
I am going to HAVE to import a copy of this game if it comes out.

CatchFiveBats
3DO
United States

Stats
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2005, 06:33:22 PM »

WTF, Sony...

I really hope this is some kind of joke, because that's seriously not cool.  Whatever Sony is trying to do, I hope it gets stopped, because Mario & Luigi hold a place very close to a lot of people's hearts (including mine), and that's something that you just don't mess with.

**Minus 27 Cool Points To Sony**

- CFB

- Zac
Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2005, 03:16:45 PM »

I give sony 1 MILLION AWESOME points because they have the balls to do that.

I erally really really hope they can get away with it.

TraderJake
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2005, 03:32:31 PM »

Sony is far from awesome.

Hello World.
Lord Nepenthean
Co-Founder

WWW Stats
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2005, 12:38:57 PM »

Even if Sony does get away with this, it just makes them even less cool than they already are.  This is totally lame of Sony, and there is no other way to put it in my opinion.  People may bash Nintendo for using the same franchises year after year, but at least they don't rip off their franchise and game ideas from other developers.

Blech.

Lord Nepenthean
Co-Founder

WWW Stats
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2005, 12:40:14 PM »

2) Who the hell does Sony think they are? As a company that pimps its graphical prowess and has in the past discouraged 2D gaming, why does this game look like horse manuer? If they want to capitalize on the fact their little PSP can process jawdropping graphics, doesn't this title work against that agenda?

P.S.  Very well put.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2005, 12:40:39 PM by admin » Logged

TraderJake
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2005, 07:35:28 PM »

Thanks, I just find this really irritating that they are tying to mirror a very good concept that Nintendo has created and doing it by parodying its franchise. I wouldn't be against this game if the game didn't 100% rip off Wario Ware and Mario Kart, but it does, and that just is not right.

Hello World.
Vladimir
Memorex VIS

Stats
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2005, 06:03:25 PM »

Wow.  Wow.

Sony has sunk to a new very low low.

Wow.

I hate them even more.  Could they have thougt of anything more childish to do?

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length