RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 18, 2024, 12:26:30 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where the PSP Go matters more than HBO Go.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | RF Generation Podcasts (Moderators: Crabmaster2000, Duke.Togo, wildbil52) | Official Collectorcast topic suggestion thread 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10 Print
Author Topic: Official Collectorcast topic suggestion thread  (Read 130893 times)
Johnny Nintendo
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #75 on: January 21, 2013, 11:32:27 PM »

I mainly just use my android phone, and my wife has a kindle, but that wouldn't work now would it?  Well....I guess I will use the $500 that I was going to donate, and go buy a PC........

Looking for CIB NES games..........even Silent Service.
I once made the mistake of smelling a NES cart.  Man, the last guy that blew in it must have had bad breath, because it smelled like a sack full of assholes.
Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #76 on: January 21, 2013, 11:42:43 PM »

You could have bought a PC instead of a Kindle...

Johnny Nintendo
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #77 on: January 22, 2013, 12:48:39 AM »

I think the Kindle was a gift from my Father in law.  We had a PC, but for some odd reason someone kept downloading naughty stuff and it kept getting viruses.....

Looking for CIB NES games..........even Silent Service.
I once made the mistake of smelling a NES cart.  Man, the last guy that blew in it must have had bad breath, because it smelled like a sack full of assholes.
Crabmaster2000
RFG Moderator
Canada

Stats
« Reply #78 on: January 22, 2013, 12:56:23 AM »

I think the Kindle was a gift from my Father in law.  We had a PC, but for some odd reason someone kept downloading naughty stuff and it kept getting viruses.....

So odd. That keeps happening over here too. What gives, eh? Wink

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

300+ NES games beaten since October 2011

Co-Host of the Rfgeneration Collectorcast:
http://rfgenerationcollectorcast.podomatic.com/
blcklblskt
Nintendo 64
DB Contributor
United States
Awards: 2017 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #79 on: January 23, 2013, 01:41:49 AM »

I'm sure they have a cream for that now.
Quackula
Virtual Boy
United States

Stats
« Reply #80 on: January 30, 2013, 03:37:13 PM »

So anyways a topic suggestion:  

Game Rooms. How do you have your consoles and whatnot setup? Is everything hooked up at once with a crazy network of switchboxes, or do you  just hook consoles up one at a time? Do you have a separate setup for current gen consoles? CRT, HDTV, or both? Fancy expensive scalers or crazy surround systems? Arcade sticks? Sometimes, putting together a perfect game room can take up almost as much time and money as actually building a huge collection.

You guys kinda touched on this in the last podcast, but I think it could really be elaborated on more.
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #81 on: January 30, 2013, 04:04:20 PM »

You've done an amazing job of discussing "how" to collect (local/online picks, cleaning, inventorying, etc.)  I'd love more of the "what."  Perhaps get into different genres and great games within them or why the big ticket games are so rare.

I really like this idea.  At times, I feel like I have been out hunting and passed on games that were valuable because I didn't know enough about the games for a certain system.  Sure, I can tell you which games are valuable for the NES or 2600, because I primarily collect for these, but for other systems, I am probably only aware of a handful of titles.  I know you couldn't go into the rarer games for every system, but you could hit upon a few games for the major classic consoles. (i.e. no need to do the Neo Geo, we know all of those titles are expensive Tongue)

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #82 on: January 30, 2013, 05:54:42 PM »

For the Neo Geo, it might be better to discuss the affordable titles Wink

Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #83 on: January 30, 2013, 08:08:21 PM »

NeoGeo has affordable titles?
Really? I was legitimately unaware. I thought ~100$s was pretty much base price for games lol

Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #84 on: August 11, 2013, 09:09:08 PM »

This idea came to me while I was researching the differences between the SNES/PS1/Nintendo DS ports of Chrono Trigger.

Why not discuss why certain ports are deemed better? One point of conversation could be comparing an SNES game to its PS1 counterpart or an arcade game to the home console version.

"Another exciting Canadian"

Like RPGs and Indie Games? Check out my blog!

Co-host of the RF Gen PlayCast http://rfgenplaycast.podbean.com/
RetroExplorer
Memorex VIS

Stats
« Reply #85 on: August 12, 2013, 10:59:23 PM »

A suggestion I have for a discussion topic would be collecting complete game sets. Why and when you should do it, various different ideas for sets to collect and best stratgies for finishing the sets. How to decide on what system to collect a complete set.

My main interest is in the "why". I personally don't have anything against it but I just don't really understand it (just not how I collect I guess) which is why i'm curious why each host decided to persue going after a complete collection of a paticular system and why that system.
techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #86 on: August 12, 2013, 11:06:50 PM »

the complete set suggestion sounds familiar, they might have mentioned it before...but not as a main topic though, i think. if they haven't done that they should though! also i really like the ports discussion idea.
bearmetal
Memorex VIS

Stats
« Reply #87 on: August 18, 2013, 07:26:19 AM »

This idea came to me while I was researching the differences between the SNES/PS1/Nintendo DS ports of Chrono Trigger.

Why not discuss why certain ports are deemed better? One point of conversation could be comparing an SNES game to its PS1 counterpart or an arcade game to the home console version.

Yes! I have been wondering about that myself
Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #88 on: August 18, 2013, 11:03:56 AM »

Appreciate all the input. Keep them coming!

Addicted
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #89 on: August 19, 2013, 01:32:41 PM »

I would love to see some discussion on SETA arcade hardware. Specifically the Aleck64 hardware.

There's something odd about this arcade hardware....

[img width=700 height=525]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v136/cisco678/RF/magtetris_zps815a7233.jpg[/img]

Stephen Kick: “The thing about classic games was that they were the first for an entire generation. Successive works are going to be important to individuals and even to groups, but never to a whole generation in the same way.”
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length