RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 22, 2024, 09:24:23 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: We really love that Sega Dreamcast fishing controller and Sega Bass Fishing.

RF Generation Message Board | Announcements and Feedback | The Thinktank | Submitting scans of a copy protection "device"? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Submitting scans of a copy protection "device"?  (Read 1865 times)
Rajaat the Warbringer
CD-i
United States

Stats
« on: October 01, 2008, 08:14:06 AM »

I recently received a bunch of classic D&D PC games in the mail, and to my surprise they actually came with the code wheels needed to bypass the copy protection for 2 of the games rather than a digital manual telling you the answers. They're pretty cool looking, and I feel they're worthy of submitting, I'm just not sure if that would be against some kind of regulations.

They're brand new, so the parts where the actual answers are haven't even been punched out yet, so nobody could actually gain any information from the scans to illegally play the games, but I figured I'd better bring it up first anyway.

There are certain queer times and occasions in this strange mixed affair we call life when a man takes this whole universe for a vast practical joke, though the wit thereof he but dimly discerns, and more than suspects that the joke is at nobody's expense but his own.

--Moby Dick
Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium
Awards: 2016 & 2018 Fantasy Football Winner

WWW Stats
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2008, 11:01:52 AM »

Sounds good, they're directly linked to those games, so you could add the scans as "Extra Media" rather than making seperate entries for them. Smiley

But don't submit them just yet, wait for a staff member to (dis)confirm my thoughts. nod

Rajaat the Warbringer
CD-i
United States

Stats
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2008, 11:02:53 AM »

Yeah, I just caught one on AIM and he said it was cool, since none of the copy protection is actually visible.

There are certain queer times and occasions in this strange mixed affair we call life when a man takes this whole universe for a vast practical joke, though the wit thereof he but dimly discerns, and more than suspects that the joke is at nobody's expense but his own.

--Moby Dick
Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium

WWW Stats
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2008, 11:10:36 AM »

Alright, great. Could you post a link of them once they're accepted? I'm curious to see how they look like Smiley
Rajaat the Warbringer
CD-i
United States

Stats
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2008, 01:13:24 PM »

http://www.rfgeneration.c...U-016-S-08000-A;number=00

--Moby Dick
Rajaat the Warbringer
CD-i
United States

Stats
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2008, 01:31:39 PM »

http://www.rfgeneration.c...U-016-S-23640-A;number=00
http://www.rfgeneration.c...U-016-S-23860-A;number=00

--Moby Dick
Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium

WWW Stats
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2008, 02:41:29 PM »

Wow, they look cool, I've never seen things like that Smiley
Rajaat the Warbringer
CD-i
United States

Stats
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2008, 07:22:35 AM »

Yeah, I kinda want to leave them unpunched and find the copy protection online or something >_>

--Moby Dick
Chainclaw
Jaguar CD
United States

Stats
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2008, 02:25:52 AM »

Home Of The Underdogs usually has the codes for this sort of stuff for abandonware.

Code wheels are slightly less annoying than "The first line of the fourth paragraph of the fifth page" and other things that need you to pull out the manual.
Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium

WWW Stats
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2008, 09:49:38 AM »

Code wheels are slightly less annoying than "The first line of the fourth paragraph of the fifth page" and other things that need you to pull out the manual.
Haha, almost like a puzzle in itself. If you can't solve it: bad luck! Tongue
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length