RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 04:29:17 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Track your collection from the Magnavox Odyssey to Super Mario Odyssey!

RF Generation Message Board | Collecting | Collection Connection | Pictures of the Game Room finally! 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Pictures of the Game Room finally!  (Read 2669 times)
Beardcore84
that TMNT guy
Donor

Stats
« on: July 06, 2008, 04:41:40 PM »

http://www.rfgeneration.c...ection&action=profile

Looks like a lot of us have been getting around to taking pictures lately! Where do you guys store pictures once your out of space on RF?

[img width=483 height=768]http://www.rfgeneration.com/images/collections/pwpcody/CIMG0869.JPG[/img]

[img width=700 height=520]http://www.rfgeneration.com/images/collections/pwpcody/CIMG0873.JPG[/img]
« Last Edit: July 06, 2008, 05:51:11 PM by pwpcody » Logged

Running out of games to buy.
jcalder8
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2008, 06:40:03 PM »

Love the pictures and an amazing looking collection
NES_Rules
Director
United States
Awards: I live here

Stats
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2008, 08:25:32 PM »

Nice setup, but you need a bigger TV Tongue
I like the shelves the loose NES games are on, are they real wood or the particle board stuff?

I use Photobucket.com for my image hosting. You can have up to 1GB worth of stuff per account, but the accounts are free and you can have more than one Wink

Beardcore84
that TMNT guy
Donor

Stats
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2008, 08:39:45 PM »

Thanks guys. I do plan on getting a bigger TV, its the worst one in the house right now. The woman said the good one goes in the living room. Smiley The shelves I bought at a place here in Omaha called Nebraska Furniture Mart and they are real wood. On one hand, I paid a lot for them and kind of wanted to make my own, but on the other hand I love the way these shelves look. And the games fit so perfectly. My only problem is its about full now and I'll need another one soon!

NES_Rules
Director
United States
Awards: I live here

Stats
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2008, 08:47:33 PM »

The shelves I bought at a place here in Omaha called Nebraska Furniture Mart and they are real wood. On one hand, I paid a lot for them and kind of wanted to make my own, but on the other hand I love the way these shelves look. And the games fit so perfectly. My only problem is its about full now and I'll need another one soon!
I'm glad they're real wood. All the furniture in my game room is solid wood except one piece which is being replaced soon. That particle board crap looks nice for about a year until the laminate starts to peel or chunks just start falling off. And it's getting to be not much cheaper than solid wood these days anyway.

I'm in the process of building some shelves that will look very similar to those, just bigger.

jamespmt
Virtual Boy
United States

Stats
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2008, 11:24:36 PM »

im loving the alphabetized nes games i do the same. Smiley

nes - licensed - 5 to go.

Flintstones: Surprise, Jimmy Connors Tennis,
L'Empereur, Little Samson, Stadium Events
Beardcore84
that TMNT guy
Donor

Stats
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2008, 12:06:27 AM »

im loving the alphabetized nes games i do the same. Smiley

with that many, it would be hard to find them if i didnt. Smiley

Ghost Soldier
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2008, 10:42:51 AM »

Love the shelving units and the organization.

Chainclaw
Jaguar CD
United States

Stats
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2008, 07:51:27 PM »

awesome stuff. Have you thought about alphabetizing by cart type, and then by game name? Have all your Nintendo manufactured carts before your Tengen stuff?

I know it can be a big hassle, but when you have a lot of cartridges together like that, they look even cooler when separated by cart type.
Tan
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2008, 08:40:44 PM »

http://www.rfgeneration.c...ection&action=profile

Looks like a lot of us have been getting around to taking pictures lately! Where do you guys store pictures once your out of space on RF?

Your pics seem to have extremely large file sizes, were they jpeg's originally or something else? I took a couple of them and tried re-saving them as jpgs myself, and they saved at 1/5 of the size they are on the site with no loss of quality or size. That's why you've run out of room so fast. At a normal jpeg size you'd be able to fit 50+ large pics into your profile gallery here at RFGen.  Wink

As an example, the pic you posted above lists at 431kb, but it can be re-saved as small as ~85kb with no changes in quality or dimension. Smiley

* CIMG0869.JPG (95.62 KB, 483x768 - viewed 315 times.)
Talen
N-Gage

Stats
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2008, 01:04:47 AM »

pwpcody - The collection is looking really good. Great organization, especially for all the NES carts, that shelf is a great fit for them. 

Nothing worse than a beautiful collection in a messy space.
Beardcore84
that TMNT guy
Donor

Stats
« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2008, 12:14:56 PM »

Thanks guys, I am really proud of all of it.

Yes, I have thought about organizing by cart type, and also on the genny side of things by case color, (reds, blacks, etc). I might try it to see if I like it.

The pictures were taken on a digital camera and were scaled down from 100 percent to twenty five percent using photoshop. How did you reduce the file size? Because I do have a lot more pictures that IO would like to upload.

Tan
« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2008, 12:29:59 PM »

The pictures were taken on a digital camera and were scaled down from 100 percent to twenty five percent using photoshop. How did you reduce the file size? Because I do have a lot more pictures that IO would like to upload.

I'm guessing that the camera and Photoshop isn't using jpeg compression for these pics. All I did was open it in Paint, hit "save" without making any changes, that's it. Tongue
Beardcore84
that TMNT guy
Donor

Stats
« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2008, 08:13:47 PM »

Wow. I will def try that. If I get it to work, so many more pics will be posted. Thanks!

Talen
N-Gage

Stats
« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2008, 08:27:09 PM »

Thanks guys, I am really proud of all of it.

Yes, I have thought about organizing by cart type, and also on the genny side of things by case color, (reds, blacks, etc). I might try it to see if I like it.

The easiest way to make the file size smaller for web view in photoshop is to choose the Save for Web option, instead of just save.  It lets you adjust the detail to file size ratio, tells you the current file size and even has an option to preview in your web browser to see what it will actually look like.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length