RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 13, 2024, 10:00:56 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Track your collection from the Magnavox Odyssey to Super Mario Odyssey!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | RFGeneration Archives | Weekly Poll 6/10/07 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Poll
Question: Do you collect variants?
Yes, I collect all variants.   -5 (18.5%)
Only when they are at thrift stores.   -5 (18.5%)
No, one copy of a game is enough for me.   -13 (48.1%)
I only collect variants for certain systems.   -4 (14.8%)
Total Voters: 26

Author Topic: Weekly Poll 6/10/07  (Read 6020 times)
Alabama-Shrimp
TurboGrafx-16
United Kingdom

Stats
« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2007, 07:54:35 PM »

I dont really like variants! by this i mean even though i do but the games to play them i am fussy and dont really want the "cheaper" versions as in Platinum or players choice, I will buy them if i have to as in they are dirt cheap or something very rare but other than that 1 original copy is enough for me.

atari_wizard
Sega Master System
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2007, 08:05:44 PM »

I collect variants for certain systems. I collect major label variations for the NES and Atari 2600. If I happen to find a slight label variation in my dupe stack for the 2 systems, sometimes I decide to keep them.

Have you played Pitfall II today?

[img width=468 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/images/banners/generated/collection/atari_wizard.png[/img]
Shimra
Sega CD

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2007, 02:58:14 PM »

I suppose ports are variants, so yeah I do. Gotta love the gba.
Fuyukaze
RFG Friend
United States

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2007, 04:43:57 PM »

I said no, but it's more a question of same system or not.
For an example, I've got Final Fantasy on the NES, PS1, and GBA.  The 3 have differences to them that to me justify the multiple purchases.  Something like greatest hits, players choice, platinum, and so on I'd never want.  Normaly they stick out like a sore thumb when next to the rest and for the most part offer very little in difference between the regular and the cheap release version to warrent the expense.  I'd be more inclined to collect varients in console systems instead as atleast then there's something different.

[img width=468 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/PHP/banners.php?banner=collectionstats;user=Fuyukaze[/img]
[img width=470 height=155]http://gamercards.exophase.com/69469.png[/img]
shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #19 on: June 14, 2007, 05:11:34 PM »

When I say variant I mean for the same system such as player's choice, etc.  If it is on a different system it is a port and most likely with extra content.

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #20 on: June 14, 2007, 05:49:49 PM »

Hell I don't really see Greatest Hits type releases as variants. When I here variants I think picture label vs text label on the 2600 or different color seals on NES games.

Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #21 on: June 15, 2007, 12:45:55 PM »

GH games are variants though Wink

I had a personal catelog of all the NES variants i had Paperboy, Mario/Duck Hunt, Top GUn are the only ones i can really remember right now.

But i am much less likely to sell or get rid of a game if it has even the slightest difference in it.
I am just that sick and twisted of an individual Smiley

Example.
I have 3 copies of Mortal Kombat Deadly Alliance for 2 systems.
Deadly Alliance Psi Ops Preorder Promotional copy
Deadly Alliance w/ Adema CD bonus
Deadly Alliance Platinum/Greatest Hits

And i still need the standard versions for both as well as the 2 cube versions.

Sick and twisted individual.

Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #22 on: June 15, 2007, 01:24:55 PM »

GH games are variants though Wink

Yeah I know but when I here variant I don't think of those.

OatBob
セガ 信者
DB Reviewer
United States

Stats
« Reply #23 on: June 15, 2007, 07:20:47 PM »

I'm always picking up NES variants, but my collection is weak right now... so I'll take whatever I can find.  I really want to get into NES variants because I am dissatisfied with the lists I have seen.  Almost all of my cartridge Nintendo games are loose-cart, so I'm only after those types of variants.

I am including all Dreamcast variants in my collection because I am going for a complete collection and there aren't too many out there.

I avoid all Platinum Hits packaging, and don't mind Greatest Hits packaging anymore since I put them on a different shelf.  Nintendo's Player's choice ones don't matter since I don't really have any boxes and the GameCube ones don't bother me much.

I am interested in collecting by franchise though, a la Izret's MK kollection.   I'm interested in all versions of DoA, Halo, and Square ps1 games.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2007, 07:22:54 PM by OatBob » Logged

it's thinking
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length