RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 09:03:12 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: This land is peaceful, it's inhabitants kind.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | RFGeneration Archives | Weekly Poll 8/19/07 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Poll
Question: Have you ever had a broken video game system?
Yes, and I never got it fixed.   -4 (20%)
Yes, and I fixed it.   -7 (35%)
Yes, and I paid someone else to fix it.   -0 (0%)
Yes, and it is still broken.   -6 (30%)
No, but I could fix it if it did.   -0 (0%)
No, and I would have to pay someone to fix.   -3 (15%)
Total Voters: 19

Author Topic: Weekly Poll 8/19/07  (Read 5402 times)
shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« on: August 19, 2007, 09:16:25 AM »

Have you ever had a broken video games system?

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
buffalo27
N-Gage

Stats
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2007, 10:14:16 AM »

Yea my friend gave me a Turbo Duo with like 8 games when he moved, all is good with it except it needs a certain power cord and can't find it anywhere so guess you can consider it broken.
James
King of Waffle
Donor
United Kingdom

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2007, 11:42:15 AM »

I've broken a few Mega Drive 2s trying to do a region mod. I eventually modded one but had to hack up the av socket to get it to play in colour (Needs RGB scart, not RF). Then it somehow got broken as well so i binned it with the others. But I painted one of the cases blue which I still have, it just has no internals.

There was a master system i bought at a car boot sale which was broken. It had sound but no picture. I opened it up and the AV socket had some gaps in the solder points. I soldered them back up and it worked.
Tondog
:3
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2007, 02:21:41 PM »

My fat PS2 is broken. Damn laser problem. Just got a new small one instead.

[img width=550 height=125]http://mypsn.eu.playstation.com/psn/profile/Tondog.png[/img]
Black Flower Music Podcast - Like that annoying elitist hipster guy you know, except in podcast form.
Follow me on Twitter
cverz2
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2007, 02:35:29 PM »

Yeah, my XBox needs a new disk drive. I just have never gotten around to buying a new one.

gameboy, gameboy color, game gear. 

Now that I think of it. My PS2 is in the process of dying. Once in a while the picture starts to get dark, and the sound is kinda low.
Tan
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2007, 02:41:16 PM »

Fixed a stuck Xbox DVD drive, replaced a few NES pin connectors, a Genesis with a broken cartridge bay cover, a PS1 with a broken lid and power switch, and a few other odds and ends including many controllers (mostly N64).

James
King of Waffle
Donor
United Kingdom

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2007, 03:37:22 PM »

I also fixed both of my PS2s. The fat one was starting to not read discs, and wouldn't read purple discs at all. I eventually bought a laser cleaning disc which worked and I traded it in after I got a slim PS2.

The slim PS2 eventually started making a loud grinding noise evry time I turned it on or closed the lid. I took it apart and took the laser out and couldn't see anything wrong but decided to buy a new laser anyway. Luckily I didn't because when I put it back together for safe keeping, it worked again.
OatBob
セガ 信者
DB Reviewer
United States

Stats
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2007, 03:41:00 PM »

I was in the early stages of making an N64 portable, and plugged it in without the three heat sinks on the CPUs and ICs.  Needless to say, it didn't last 5 seconds.  Now it falls into the "brick" category.

I've corrected the GD-ROM assembly in both my Dreamcasts multiple times and they are running great now.  My Xbox looks pretty slick (and now plays Stepmania) as the result of a face lift, and some proper cleaning of the leads on cartridge based systems never hurt any either.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2007, 03:42:38 PM by OatBob » Logged

it's thinking
Barracuda
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2007, 04:25:44 PM »

I had a broken Sega Dreamcast. I ended up finding out it was an easy fix so I fixed the problem, and it still works fine today.

Alabama-Shrimp
TurboGrafx-16
United Kingdom

Stats
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2007, 06:02:31 PM »

i picked no then remembered that me NES wont work 90% of the time.
I know its the cartridge connector as i took it apart and it worked OK while i held the cartridge down by hand but not when rebuilt, so i took it apart again left it for a few weeks then lost all the screws! have screwed it back together until i get a new connector off ebay or get another NES.

Also remembered my 1st Game Gear i got in 1991 doesn't have any sound but i think its a problem allot of them have and as i have another and its got a security screw I'm leaving it as is

The Metamorphosing Leon
Laying on the green leaf, left and abandoned...
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2007, 06:15:41 PM »

How about: No, but it would still be broken.

When shall his new form be revealed?
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2007, 11:57:01 PM »

Yes I have. I have fixed a few and thrown a few out. I have 4 broken systems now I need to get rid of.

Kevincal
Donor
United States
Awards: RFG Promoter

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2007, 11:57:47 AM »

My DC's drive gear was jammed with a huge lint ball so the laser couldn't move back and forth...  I was proud of myself for fixing it...lol. 

Cherish the most important things in life, your health & family.
shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2007, 07:47:25 AM »

I've a few.  Nothing major, though, just some simple crap like cleaing the laser and shit.

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
Cobra
Donor
Australia

WWW Stats
« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2007, 07:33:43 PM »

I got a few non-working Saturns off of eBay and made a working one out of them  Grin

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length