RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 04, 2024, 07:10:45 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Burgers from trash cans taste the best.

RF Generation Message Board | Collecting | Collection Connection | Collectorz.com 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Collectorz.com  (Read 2647 times)
Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« on: August 05, 2004, 06:25:58 PM »

This seems like an off chance but does anyone happen to have the installer for Videogame Collector v1.4 build 2? I upgraded to build 4 and lost my free version. I would greatly appreciate it if anyone has it.
This program is owned by collectorz.com. They have a few other collection progs also.

Arrrhalomynn
Beep beep! Boop boop!
Co-Founder
Netherlands

WWW Stats
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2004, 12:18:44 PM »

I don't have it, but I would like to know what this is.
Izret101
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2004, 04:39:50 PM »

It is a program that lets you enter games and peripherals and systems that you own. It has a decent amount of stuff and what they dont you can add in yourself. It also has pics to go along with most items, again if it doesnt have one you can import one.
I found it for the first time about 10 minutes before i found RF. Like i said previously when i updated to the newer version i lost my free version.
There is a 50 game limit trial if you get the new one a try it out.

shadytool
RFG Friend

Stats
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2004, 05:21:38 PM »

why would you ask for collection software for a different site at RF when there is collection shit here?
Izret101
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2004, 05:39:34 PM »

I use both of them and IGNs. Anyways i can use that one with out having to get to the site and i can transport the info easily if need be. Plus i can add stuff that I cant here such as systems, peripherals and some package deals. And if i cant add something with the software i can manually enter it.
Used the collectorz.com program because it was the first offline one i found, use IGNs because it was the first online i found and i use the one here because I'm on the site alot. But all have some advantage over the other.

atari_wizard
Sega Master System
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2006, 06:14:55 AM »

does anyone else use this program? i really like using it. this program kicks major a**, compared to other game collecting databases that i used in the past. if you go to www.collectorz.com you can download a free trial, which lasts for a total of 50 games. as of now, i use a new database for each part of my collection. they also have music, mp3, movie, book, comic book & photo databases. i'm sure den and a few others collecting records could some how use this nifty program.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2006, 06:22:16 AM by atari_wizard » Logged

Have you played Pitfall II today?

[img width=468 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/images/banners/generated/collection/atari_wizard.png[/img]
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2006, 06:33:41 AM »

I use RFG Collection Tool and a Excel Spreadsheet. Teh last thing I need to do is enter all my data into another list.

Izret101
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2006, 10:19:49 AM »

I liked this when i first used it because i could enter in all the info for my games (which i can do here for any missing info now Smiley)
and i found this program the same day i found RFGen.

I had a leet version though and when it updated i lost my coolness.
I don't like it because you can only add one game at a time so when i want to add 10 mario games to my collection i have spend WAY longer getting the info together.

atari_wizard
Sega Master System
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2006, 11:32:06 AM »

I liked this when i first used it because i could enter in all the info for my games (which i can do here for any missing info now Smiley)
and i found this program the same day i found RFGen.

I had a leet version though and when it updated i lost my coolness.
I don't like it because you can only add one game at a time so when i want to add 10 mario games to my collection i have spend WAY longer getting the info together.

yep, it does take a while to add all your games. i'm still on the B's for my NES collection.  :-[
once i finish my collection, i'm sure it will be easy to add just the new additions to a particular set. i wish i would have started this database back in 2004. even though it takes an eternity to add games, its well worth the time and effort.

Have you played Pitfall II today?

[img width=468 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/images/banners/generated/collection/atari_wizard.png[/img]
VACRMH
Jaguar CD

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2006, 04:55:52 PM »

I used to use this program all the time. Tons of room for info and easy to add games.

But because they didn't ask permission to use some websites, they were taken out (All game guide and Moby Games) Now all you can use is Amazon and the database that Collectorz is making now :-/

Maybe if Collectorz's database gets better i'll go back to it... but with my "Version" I can't use the database anyways <_<

Izret101
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2006, 04:58:47 PM »

Collectorz is just scoping out the web and stealing info that means.
It is far to easy to steal info and who is going to be able to prove they took it?

VACRMH
Jaguar CD

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2006, 11:19:47 PM »

Collectorz is just scoping out the web and stealing info that means.
It is far to easy to steal info and who is going to be able to prove they took it?

Well for Moby and AllGameGuide, it took the info right from the servers whenever you did a search O.o

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length