RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 07, 2024, 09:34:34 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | The Arena | Trophies for the winners? and/or prizes 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Trophies for the winners? and/or prizes  (Read 6215 times)
atari_wizard
Sega Master System
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« on: April 11, 2006, 07:28:16 AM »

Just an idea, but would it be possible to have a tropy under our name? After each contest one we would have Trophy x1 or after 20 wins we would have Trophy x20. Would somebody have to design a trophy? or does the forum company have icons to choose from?
« Last Edit: April 11, 2006, 07:40:10 AM by IZRET101 » Logged

Have you played Pitfall II today?

[img width=468 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/images/banners/generated/collection/atari_wizard.png[/img]
Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2006, 07:42:49 AM »

I don't think the board could support it right now.
MAYBE Eddie could "hack" something in to make it work.

But right now he has alot of more important things on his plate.

I think it would be cool if we could get some sort of prize thing going too.

Nothing to extravagent.
But it would be cool if people would be willing to part with common or cheap items for prizes.
Not sure how that would work out just yet.
I will ponder on it....

Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2006, 08:19:22 AM »

Could give a gold star.

Izret101
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2006, 08:23:19 AM »

But what about me you and the rest of the staff?
And what happens when a person wins more than 5?
I think the gold stars only go up to 5.

I had planned on keeping a record of winners and their scores/times and such in my first post in the game suggestion thread.
Just for bragging rights Smiley

Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2006, 08:30:29 AM »

Well we can give stars until we can get a trophy made. 5 stars would be 5 months so i think it could get done in time. We have green and gold stars not being used.

Staff = 3 Blus Stars
MODS = 4 Blue Stars
Admins = 5 Silver Star
« Last Edit: April 11, 2006, 08:38:01 AM by captain_nintendo » Logged

atari_wizard
Sega Master System
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2006, 08:54:33 AM »

But it would be cool if people would be willing to part with common or cheap items for prizes.

I have some commons I'd be willing to thrown in. I even have some Atari & NES manuals that need a home.

Well we can give stars until we can get a trophy made. 5 stars would be 5 months so i think it could get done in time. We have green and gold stars not being used.

Staff = 3 Blus Stars
MODS = 4 Blue Stars
Admins = 5 Silver Star

Sounds good. Cool
« Last Edit: April 11, 2006, 08:57:39 AM by atari_wizard » Logged

[img width=468 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/images/banners/generated/collection/atari_wizard.png[/img]
Izret101
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2006, 10:23:49 AM »

Rick you could have just made a post instead of editing Scotts Wink

In anycase I have some ideas but i don't want to give them away and ruin the surprize Wink

In the future, if and when this realy gets going, we might be able to set up some sort of fund for larger prizes.
With so much gaming going on online now we could do online competitions too.
People can feel free to set up and run their own say in Halo or GRAW or something.

NES-a-holic
Jaguar CD

Stats
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2006, 09:31:48 AM »

What you also can do is ask regulars for a donation,like every month when someone wins a contest a donor sends the prize (game/acc. for example) to the winner.
You can make a thread and post the donors in it so everyone will know which months they have to send.
If you find like 12 people who are willing you have 1 year of contest prizes covered.

Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2006, 09:52:27 AM »

What you also can do is ask regulars for a donation,like every month when someone wins a contest a donor sends the prize (game/acc. for example) to the winner.
You can make a thread and post the donors in it so everyone will know which months they have to send.
If you find like 12 people who are willing you have 1 year of contest prizes covered.

Hmm thats not to bad.

NES-a-holic
Jaguar CD

Stats
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2006, 12:40:55 PM »

you can organise it with another mod or admin and then you have total control over it also,no cheating and so.

Izret101
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2006, 01:23:21 PM »

That is a good idea.
It would be cooler to have a pot of items maybe though.

So the winner has a choice of items.

Thanks for the suggestions NES-a-holic Smiley

NES-a-holic
Jaguar CD

Stats
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2006, 01:53:35 PM »

That is a good idea.
It would be cooler to have a pot of items maybe though.

So the winner has a choice of items.

Thanks for the suggestions NES-a-holic Smiley

Your welcome man,was thinking bout what ya wrote.When you have a pot you can't pin a month on a donator since the winner first has to choose something,that could be a hastle i mean wait for pick and then notify donator and so on,but that's up to you.
You'd have to let the donators send the prizes to you and then you'd have to ship them to the winners,that could be an option but exspensive on both sides.

Rejinx
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2006, 07:40:21 PM »

I say bragging rights are good enough.  If you start add stuff that cost money people will cheat, thats the why it always goes.  Maybe the site could give you a special title by your name but not more then that.

[img width=468 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/PHP/banners.php?banner=collectionstats;user=Rejinx[/img]
My Podcast: www.RetroRundown.com
atari_wizard
Sega Master System
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2006, 03:29:54 AM »

Sounds good. Are the prizes still commons? I'm game for a special title/symbol by the users name as well.

NES-a-holic
Jaguar CD

Stats
« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2006, 04:25:26 AM »

Well the prizes don't have to be mega common games but just games you think would be cool to give or get as a present.
A trophy sounds fun also,IMO getting something stimulates people to participate and makes the community come closer.

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length