RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 05, 2024, 11:22:23 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where we play the Power Pad with our feet, not our hands, dagnabbit!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | Favorite NHL Games 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print
Author Topic: Favorite NHL Games  (Read 5200 times)
SideshowSam
N-Gage

Stats
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2012, 11:13:06 PM »

I feel like Batman is commanding me to play this game
SirPsycho
Naked Koei Dude
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2012, 11:39:04 PM »

That gives me a brilliant idea for Halloween hockey! Just have a bunch of random and embarrassing suits mixed in with some awesome ones to just have completely ridiculous hockey matches.

Women were the reason I became a monk - and, ah, the reason I switched back... - Morte

Well I, for one, plan on discovering the secrets of the multiverse by rubbing cottage cheese on my belly and eating vast quantities of fresh-water fish. Mmm... cheese. -The Nameless One
Wempster
Donor
United States
Awards: 2016 RFGen Top Wheelman

WWW Stats
« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2012, 12:04:25 AM »

Wayne Gretzky's 3d hockey on the N64 is a blast. A very arcade style with a goalie who turns into a brick wall and ambulances that come by after especially brutal power checks.
wildbil52
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #18 on: November 20, 2012, 09:21:42 AM »

WHERE ARE THE OTHER PUCKS GOING?!!!!

Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #19 on: November 21, 2012, 03:46:56 PM »

NHLPA 93 - Might not be the best hockey game but my friend and I played the hell out of it on the Genesis. No one could beat us.  A bunch of my friends had a tournament for NHLPA 93 but I couldn't play since I would destroy them. I played games during it for fun and the closet game was 13 goal difference.

NHL 11 and NHL 12 have been fun but the achievements suck.

wildbil52
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #20 on: November 21, 2012, 03:50:01 PM »

NHLPA 93 - Might not be the best hockey game but my friend and I played the hell out of it on the Genesis. No one could beat us.  A bunch of my friends had a tournament for NHLPA 93 but I couldn't play since I would destroy them. I played games during it for fun and the closet game was 13 goal difference.

I agree with all of this.

NHLPA 93 required you to be a better player to score since the one-timer wasn't introduced until NHL 94. 

The achievements in all of the recent EA NHL games put a HUGE focus on grinding the parts of the game that aren't fun or aren't the reason I play.  I used to have an achievement addiction and the NHL games are part of what broke me out of it.

Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #21 on: November 21, 2012, 06:20:45 PM »

NHL 94 all the way... I used to take the Rangers and see if I could peg out the decibel meter.

Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #22 on: November 21, 2012, 06:33:09 PM »

I agree with all of this.

NHLPA 93 required you to be a better player to score since the one-timer wasn't introduced until NHL 94. 

The achievements in all of the recent EA NHL games put a HUGE focus on grinding the parts of the game that aren't fun or aren't the reason I play.  I used to have an achievement addiction and the NHL games are part of what broke me out of it.

I have all the achievements in the NHL 2K series. I am so glad that series isnt made anymore. Each year it got worse and worse. NHL 2K10 is one of the worse hockey games I have ever played. I have 2 or 3 achievement left in NHL 11 and NHL 7-11 are all done. I have started 12 and I just got the Stanley Cup Edition of NHL 13 for free so I will be starting that one soon.

SideshowSam
N-Gage

Stats
« Reply #23 on: November 21, 2012, 09:40:23 PM »

I have all the achievements in the NHL 2K series. I am so glad that series isnt made anymore. Each year it got worse and worse. NHL 2K10 is one of the worse hockey games I have ever played. I have 2 or 3 achievement left in NHL 11 and NHL 7-11 are all done. I have started 12 and I just got the Stanley Cup Edition of NHL 13 for free so I will be starting that one soon.

Totally.  I really liked 2k2 for the dreamcast though.
wildbil52
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #24 on: November 21, 2012, 09:42:14 PM »

Quote from: SideshowSam link=topic=10658.msg154694#msg154694
Totally.  I really liked 2k2 for the dreamcast though.

The last game released for the Dreamcast in the US if I'm not mistaken.

SideshowSam
N-Gage

Stats
« Reply #25 on: November 21, 2012, 10:05:01 PM »

it was indeed.
Sauza12
DB Contributor
Awards: 06 RFG Baseball Winner

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #26 on: November 24, 2012, 11:21:44 PM »

My friends and I still break out NHL '95 a lot more than we should.  It's odd how many players from that era we all still remember.

Other than that, I really liked the NHL Hitz series.  NHL Hitz 2002 is probably one of my most played sports games ever.
wildbil52
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #27 on: November 26, 2012, 11:17:23 AM »

Not sure how I didn't know about this but I just found out about  a limited edition big box Mario Lemiex Hockey for the Genesis that came with a puck.  For something I've never seen for sale on any of the collector forums, there sure seem to be a lot for sale on ebay.  Definitely adding this one to the want list.

Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #28 on: November 27, 2012, 10:14:37 AM »

Not sure how I didn't know about this but I just found out about  a limited edition big box Mario Lemiex Hockey for the Genesis that came with a puck.  For something I've never seen for sale on any of the collector forums, there sure seem to be a lot for sale on ebay.  Definitely adding this one to the want list.

I dont have the big box anymore but I do have the puck.

[img width=700 height=933]http://i795.photobucket.com/albums/yy233/Tynstar/Sega/Genesis.jpg[/img]

SideshowSam
N-Gage

Stats
« Reply #29 on: November 28, 2012, 05:48:42 PM »

wow, nice.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length