RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 03:31:03 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Burgers from trash cans taste the best.

RF Generation Message Board | Collecting | Collection Connection | Vectrex - To buy or not to buy 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Vectrex - To buy or not to buy  (Read 2362 times)
weloveretro
N-Gage
United Kingdom

Stats

Champion of

« on: March 04, 2008, 04:47:16 PM »

I've recently been given the opportunity of buying a Vectrex. I never even considered buying one before but after playing one recently I was very impressed. The only problem is I have no idea of their value. This one is unboxed, has one controller and 12 games, and it's £80 ($160). Is that a fair price?

Cheers guys.
shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2008, 07:54:06 PM »

It may be a bit on the high side.  I think I paid around $80 or $90 shipped for mine.  Mine was unboxed with one controller and I think 3 to 5 games.  I would definately get one at some point, though, if I were you.

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
weloveretro
N-Gage
United Kingdom

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2008, 07:26:25 AM »

Yeah they are very cool. I would say the ultimate retro look definitely. Well I'll see if I can barter it down then. Cheers.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2008, 07:56:43 AM by weloveretro » Logged
Ghost Soldier
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2008, 08:58:25 AM »

See if they'll accept alittle less.

PDorr3
Jaguar CD

WWW Stats
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2008, 12:33:13 AM »

The vectrex is one of the few game systems I still really want, its just every time I go to buy one it costs more thanIcan afford to pay at the moment. I need to focus on completing system libraries rather than getting more systems.
DefaultGen
Memorex VIS

Stats
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2008, 11:14:15 PM »

It may be a bit on the high side.  I think I paid around $80 or $90 shipped for mine.  Mine was unboxed with one controller and I think 3 to 5 games.  I would definately get one at some point, though, if I were you.

For the console it seems high but 12 games is a bunch, and some Vectrex games go for a bundle!  I'd say it definitely depends on the games but that doesn't seem awful.
Sauza12
DB Contributor
Awards: 06 RFG Baseball Winner

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2008, 07:08:34 PM »

I'm a little biased because I have wanted a Vectrex for a while now, but if you have the money I would buy it in a heartbeat.  Depending on which 12 games it is, that package could easily be worth $300.
cyberfluxor
Jaguar CD

WWW Stats
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2008, 11:17:26 PM »

Is there some way to share what the 12 games are? Like others say, it's really what can make it a super deal, especially if CIB.

Collecting CIB 5200 Atari and Sega Saturn games.
Check out my domain
I will purge your base for resources.
weloveretro
N-Gage
United Kingdom

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2008, 02:36:30 PM »

Well in the end I decided to pass because I decided I really wanted a CIB system... which I now have, paid £40 for it too so I've pretty pleased.
cyberfluxor
Jaguar CD

WWW Stats
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2008, 08:25:02 PM »

I'd suggest getting an all-in-one cart so you can play every game for well under another $100.

Collecting CIB 5200 Atari and Sega Saturn games.
Check out my domain
I will purge your base for resources.
slackur
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2008, 11:46:26 PM »

Paid $200 for mine CIB with 19 CIB unique games, and I thought I got a great deal.  I now have a multicart I simply leave in the system all the time. 

LOVE me some Vectrex, especially Mine Storm, Berserk, Star Castle, Hyperchase... drool

Great, now I'll be up all night again  Grin

Keelah se'lai
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length