RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 13, 2024, 02:47:14 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Track your collection from the Magnavox Odyssey to Super Mario Odyssey!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Community Playthroughs (Moderators: techwizard, singlebanana, wildbil52, GrayGhost81, Disposed Hero, MetalFRO) | December Retro Community Playthrough - Streets of Rage 1, 2 & 3 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 13 Print
Author Topic: December Retro Community Playthrough - Streets of Rage 1, 2 & 3  (Read 34784 times)
Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #120 on: December 09, 2013, 09:49:50 PM »

Crabby, why do you always call your save files or high scores RAD? I'm just curious.

Because he is totally rad. Like, totally.

Disposed Hero
RFG Moderator
United States
Awards: 2013 RFGeneration KING OF RAGE

Stats
« Reply #121 on: December 10, 2013, 01:20:23 AM »

I did my first playthrough of Streets of Rage 2 for the month.  I managed to beat the game without using a continue and set a new high score of 712,010.

[img width=700 height=525]http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm155/DisposedHero/Community%20Playthrough%20Scores/CAM00233.jpg[/img]

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #122 on: December 10, 2013, 09:34:02 AM »

Not so much luck on my first playthrough, but at least I'm on the board. 346,050

[img width=700 height=522]http://i1029.photobucket.com/albums/y359/necrom99/SoR2_zps1ee1da75.jpg[/img]

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
JerryGreenwood
Do you even Sega?
Donor

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #123 on: December 10, 2013, 01:16:23 PM »

Getting a decent amount of snow. If my controller works, it'll be a SoR2 night  Grin
RetroRage
it's not that bad...You can barely notice it.
Donor

Stats
« Reply #124 on: December 10, 2013, 03:42:52 PM »

Man, my reign at the top didn't last very long.

I'll try another run tonight

MaterialHandlerMike
Atari Lynx
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #125 on: December 11, 2013, 04:19:58 AM »

wow, the competition for top 3 in week 2, is fierce. SoR2 lovers much? Smiley

Complete NA NES collection (minus Stadium Events)
Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #126 on: December 11, 2013, 08:32:23 AM »

I've been playing both Streets of Rage 1 and 2 lately and these games are kicking my butt. I have only had about 45 minutes to put into each game though, so maybe with more time I can get the hang of the games.

One thing that gets me riled up is that hunchback dude who runs around with the knife. Ughhh....

"Another exciting Canadian"

Like RPGs and Indie Games? Check out my blog!

Co-host of the RF Gen PlayCast http://rfgenplaycast.podbean.com/
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #127 on: December 11, 2013, 08:52:55 AM »

One thing that gets me riled up is that hunchback dude who runs around with the knife. Ughhh....

Yeah, that guy is annoying. There's one spot in SoR1 where you have 3-4 of them running around at the same time that drives me bonkers.

Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #128 on: December 11, 2013, 01:43:34 PM »

Crabby, why do you always call your save files or high scores RAD? I'm just curious.

Because he is totally rad. Like, totally.

QFT

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

300+ NES games beaten since October 2011

Co-Host of the Rfgeneration Collectorcast:
http://rfgenerationcollectorcast.podomatic.com/
Disposed Hero
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #129 on: December 11, 2013, 02:21:46 PM »

Did anybody else have an awkward time transitioning from SoR 1 to SoR 2?  I didn't realize how slow the gameplay in 2 was compared to 1, so it took a little time for me to adjust.

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #130 on: December 11, 2013, 02:27:48 PM »

Did anybody else have an awkward time transitioning from SoR 1 to SoR 2?  I didn't realize how slow the gameplay in 2 was compared to 1, so it took a little time for me to adjust.

Ha! Yeah, I was going to comment on this after the week was over, but since you mentioned it..... The gameplay in 2 is much slower than 1 and it noticed it as soon as I started playing. It's a shame, but I guess you give up the speed for making the game more aesthtically appealing, which SoR2 is.

I've only played it once this week, but planning on playing some the next few nights to up my score and hopefully finish it. From what I've seen, it's good to use the "slow punch" technique to hold up enemies and not take additional damage from knocking them down multiple times. I'm kinda with Crabby on this one so far. *yawn*

Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #131 on: December 11, 2013, 06:02:17 PM »

Pro Tips: in SoR2, there are 3 hidden 1ups that are behind objects. One is in stage 1, one in stage 2, and one in stage 3. Also, different attacks are with different point values. Mix it up to find the best way to maximize points.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2013, 06:04:12 PM by Duke.Togo » Logged

Disposed Hero
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #132 on: December 12, 2013, 08:47:31 AM »

Ha! Yeah, I was going to comment on this after the week was over, but since you mentioned it..... The gameplay in 2 is much slower than 1 and it noticed it as soon as I started playing. It's a shame, but I guess you give up the speed for making the game more aesthtically appealing, which SoR2 is.

I've only played it once this week, but planning on playing some the next few nights to up my score and hopefully finish it. From what I've seen, it's good to use the "slow punch" technique to hold up enemies and not take additional damage from knocking them down multiple times. I'm kinda with Crabby on this one so far. *yawn*

I still enjoy the game quite a bit despite it being significantly slower than the first.  In fact, I think I enjoy them both pretty much equally.  Of course, Super Double Dragon is my favorite beat em up game, and the gameplay is relatively slow in that one, so it would make sense that 2's slower pace doesn't bother me.

Yeah, I used the "slow punch" technique quite a bit in both games.  It was actually more effective in the first game, but still works pretty well in 2 also.

RetroRage
it's not that bad...You can barely notice it.
Donor

Stats
« Reply #133 on: December 12, 2013, 09:26:10 PM »

The game play is a little slower, but the fighting is more fast paced.  More enemies on screen, better AI, larger variety of enemies....

I'm frankly surprised I'm in the minority here.

Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #134 on: December 13, 2013, 09:08:05 AM »

I like the second game better too. It plays really well in addition to all the points you already mentioned.

"Another exciting Canadian"

Like RPGs and Indie Games? Check out my blog!

Co-host of the RF Gen PlayCast http://rfgenplaycast.podbean.com/
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 13 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length