RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 13, 2024, 07:51:41 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Hey, you're finally aw- NO TODD HOWARD! NOT HERE!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Community Playthroughs (Moderators: techwizard, singlebanana, wildbil52, GrayGhost81, Disposed Hero, MetalFRO) | August 2016 Community Playthrough - Legend of Zelda & Jaws (NES) 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11 Print
Author Topic: August 2016 Community Playthrough - Legend of Zelda & Jaws (NES)  (Read 39136 times)
Pam
Blog Writer

WWW Stats
« Reply #90 on: August 07, 2016, 05:35:25 PM »

I played and beat Jaws today. That sure was repetitive. I think I'll do a review on it at some point.
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #91 on: August 07, 2016, 07:16:34 PM »

I played and beat Jaws today. That sure was repetitive. I think I'll do a review on it at some point.

Yeah, not a lot to Jaws, but still one of the games from my childhood that I look back on very fondly. Still holds up pretty well for me. Love to see a Pam review. Smiley

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
douglie007
Sega Dreamcast
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #92 on: August 08, 2016, 05:33:11 AM »

This 6th dungeon is not my friend, I have died so many times

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #93 on: August 08, 2016, 06:43:17 AM »

New achievement for Jaws.  Shaggy actually found the game for the playthrough and played it!

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
Addicted
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #94 on: August 08, 2016, 07:23:06 AM »

@singlebanana:

Thanks and good luck! The 4th dungeon starts with those annoying red bubbles.

Stephen Kick: “The thing about classic games was that they were the first for an entire generation. Successive works are going to be important to individuals and even to groups, but never to a whole generation in the same way.”
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #95 on: August 08, 2016, 07:48:06 AM »

@singlebanana:

Thanks and good luck! The 4th dungeon starts with those annoying red bubbles.

Yes.... Funny I remember blue and red bubbles mentioned in the original manual, but never saw them. Only the temporarily disable bubbles appear in the first quest.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2016, 09:24:23 AM by singlebanana » Logged

Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
JerryGreenwood
Do you even Sega?
Donor

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #96 on: August 08, 2016, 10:43:07 AM »

The general opinion of Jaws is that it's a bad game. I like to think of it as an enhanced version of Seaquest from the 2600. Seaquest was one of my favorite games on Atari, thus, I like Jaws.

It's also one of the few games of it's time where being in the water doesn't suck. I hate water levels in SMB, I hate the water level in TMNT, hate the water in Blaster Master, etc.
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #97 on: August 08, 2016, 10:47:01 AM »

Good call on Seaquest for the 2600. Definitely a huge similarity

shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #98 on: August 10, 2016, 07:30:00 AM »

Well, I beat this game at power level 5 and a score of 32,000 and something.  What the heck is up with the ending?!?!?!?!?

I rented this as a kid and had no manual and couldn't figure out what to do or I sucked at it.  Take your pick.  Playing this again, it is a short, relatively easy game but I strangely like it.  I started playing again after I beat the game.  On another note, I also think Friday the 13th wasn't that bad except for the fact I didn't know what I had to do to kill Jason.  This game has no depth at all but I had fun once I got to the underwater shooting.  Now that Jerry mentions it, it is like Seaquest.

SMS set complete!
shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #99 on: August 10, 2016, 07:30:55 AM »

Jaws: Achieved 1-4.  Used 5 strobes to beat Jaws.

SMS set complete!
Addicted
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #100 on: August 10, 2016, 08:04:00 AM »

@Shaggy:  Congrats! The ending does suck but it's still an entertaining game.

Stephen Kick: “The thing about classic games was that they were the first for an entire generation. Successive works are going to be important to individuals and even to groups, but never to a whole generation in the same way.”
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #101 on: August 10, 2016, 08:56:58 AM »

Still a better ending than Karnov...

I don't find the ending so much. I love the shark sinking to the bottom. Compare it to Contra and basically the only difference is a credit roll.

Addicted
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #102 on: August 10, 2016, 09:31:31 AM »

@singlebanana: The ending of the Famicom version of Karnov is better. There are three different endings:

http://www.vgmuseum.com/end/nes/a/karj.htm

MetalFRO
RFG Moderator
United States
Awards: 2014 RFGen Top Shmuper

WWW Stats
« Reply #103 on: August 10, 2016, 04:27:46 PM »

I've kind of been live Tweeting my experience with The Legend of Zelda, since it's my first time playing through it, but I haven't shared here yet, so here are the achievements I've completed so far:

2. Acquire the white sword
3. Acquire the magical sword
4. Acquire the Power Bracelet
6. Use the raft and ladder to acquire two outland heart containers

No idea where the blue ring is, or how to summon a tornado yet, and I'm only through half of the dungeons so far.  I'm really liking this game, and having a lot of fun, though it can be frustrating at times, when you randomly walk to the next screen and are almost immediately assaulted by an enemy with an unblockable attack, and you lose your sword throw ability!

Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #104 on: August 10, 2016, 06:23:10 PM »

@FRO: Buy a large shield. You'll be able to block almost all attacks then.

I've completed objectives 1-9 on LoZ, and hope to get started on the second quest for a little bit tonight.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length