RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 11, 2024, 07:50:08 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: We really love that Sega Dreamcast fishing controller and Sega Bass Fishing.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | Your most addictive games... 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print
Author Topic: Your most addictive games...  (Read 4591 times)
BadEnoughDude
Couldn't save the savior from savoring
Donor
United States
Awards: The 100k Man

Stats
« Reply #30 on: July 25, 2008, 11:44:49 AM »

The original legend of zelda, I must have been 8 at the time, I would play for hours on end....ignoring Mario Bros.....and then while I was laying in bed trying to go to sleep, i would get nervous that my game didnt save.....I would run over and start up the game to make sure my progress was saved.....turn the system off and worry if that save worked. I never did beat that game....but its been years since I tried

Oh and I logged 97 hours on FF7, I fired that one up months ago and put a serious hurting on Seph, I just summoned everything in my arsenal and kicked his ass! I have the save point right at the entrance to the final battle

I think I got in like 120-130 on FF7. I did pretty much everything, other than beat Ruby Weapon. Maybe I should fire that up and give it another whirl.

Minnesota represent.
Wii - 3952 3192 4794 1209
PS3 - DudeBadEnough
jamespmt
Virtual Boy
United States

Stats
« Reply #31 on: July 25, 2008, 02:53:15 PM »

nes- super mario bros. + 3 ive beat the original more times than i can remember.
snes- street fighter turbo
gamecube- super smash bros.
wii- sports
xbox- halo+halo 3
playstation- ff7

nes - licensed - 5 to go.

Flintstones: Surprise, Jimmy Connors Tennis,
L'Empereur, Little Samson, Stadium Events
cyberfluxor
Jaguar CD

WWW Stats
« Reply #32 on: July 30, 2008, 07:30:51 PM »

For a few years I was stuck in Diablo 2: LoD and must have easily sunk a few thousand hours into it. Yes, thousands. I'd make hardcore characters up into the 90's on ladder, then it'd reset and start over again. Building odd combinations of characters was real fun. Stoked about Diablo 3.

Same with Starcraft, with over 2000 games played on my Battle.Net profile alone. It was my crack in middle and high school. In electronics class my senior year I'd do 7 class mates versus me and win. They always played as if brute force is always the best strategy in RTS. Where's Starcraft II?!

For years I've been off and on with Total Annihilation since it's playable on most every version of Windows. It's a fun LAN party choice too since nearly everyone's computer can run it on maximum settings. Supreme Commander is amazing but it is a powerhouse game. In a few years I see it a major game of choice at LANs.

The whole SimCity series is amazing. Due to lack of time it's hard to dedicate so much for building a city and remembering why I designed a city plan the way it is several weeks ago. SimCity 4: Rush Hour does take the cake and rivals my favorite original for the SNES. The PC version nice but the bonus features on the SNES makes it solid.

Some console games that keep on attracting me:
Bust-A-Move 2: Arcade Edition (Saturn)
Super Breakout (5200)
Steel Empire (Genesis)
Time Splitters 2 (Gamecube)
Diablo (Playstation)
Castlevania: DoS (DS)
Pac-Man (5200)
Galaga '90 (TG-16)

There are a lot of others but those jump out the quickest. It's been awhile since I really gamed with all of the records surrounding me now and the rates they come in from the wild. On top of that, anime has been prime locally so lots of cool series have been getting newer DVD releases. Games on the other hand have been hiding from me.

Collecting CIB 5200 Atari and Sega Saturn games.
Check out my domain
I will purge your base for resources.
Cobra
Donor
Australia

WWW Stats
« Reply #33 on: July 30, 2008, 11:45:24 PM »

Yeah, I remember putting a lot of hours into Sim City 2000 on the Saturn. Until I ended up just leaving it on while I slept, that really boosted me ahead. I never did find the Sonic statue that appeared in a screen shot on the back however. Also played a lot of Theme Park back then too. Going back a little earlier I wanted a Amiga CD32 especially for Theme Park alone as it looked so much better than the Mega Drive version.

logical123
Variant Addict
RFG Friend
United States

Stats
« Reply #34 on: July 31, 2008, 12:27:29 AM »

Also, I have played a LOT of SMB on the nes. Probably a total of about 25-30 hours. Mmmm... Being addicted never tasted so good.

Tell me about your variants...
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length