RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 12:10:50 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Burgers from trash cans taste the best.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | Humble THQ Bundle 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Humble THQ Bundle  (Read 1363 times)
bombatomba
Blog Editor
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« on: November 29, 2012, 04:23:47 PM »

On the tail of an awesome Steam sale comes the Humble THQ Bundle.  Seems like a great way to get some awesome games (if don't already own them).  Me, I can't wait to see what bonus games are offered at the end.

"Thou mayest all thy troubles now forget,
    Th'Imperi'l knaves have been outrun at last."

- Han Solo
wildbil52
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2012, 10:06:11 AM »

I know a few people, two of them who I do a certain podcast with, who are against downloadable games but I love the humble bundles.

As far as I know, this is the first time a major publisher has partnered with Humble, it's usually indie games.  Also, there are almost always more games added as the promotion goes on and if you beat the average donation, the new games will automatically be added to your Steam Library.

bickman2k
Director
United States
Awards: 2017 RF Generation Punch-Out Heavyweight Champion!

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2012, 10:16:21 AM »

I know a few people, two of them who I do a certain podcast with, who are against downloadable games but I love the humble bundles.

As far as I know, this is the first time a major publisher has partnered with Humble, it's usually indie games.  Also, there are almost always more games added as the promotion goes on and if you beat the average donation, the new games will automatically be added to your Steam Library.

Actually, they usually give you additional Steam codes for those additional games.

Either way, I paid for it since it was so cheap for Saint's Row 3. I have bought every game bundle since the third I believe. With Steam coming to Linux, I figured I could buy them now and see if they got a Linux port in the future. If not, just load up Steam in Wine.

[img width=468 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/images/banners/generated/collection/bickman2k.png[/img]
wildbil52
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2012, 10:26:38 AM »

Actually, they usually give you additional Steam codes for those additional games.

I guess is depends on the bundle.  In a previous bundle that I had purchased, a few games just showed up in my Steam Library a few days later.

bombatomba
Blog Editor
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2012, 06:24:59 PM »

Many developers (especially independent developers) won't support Steam, so there isn't universal acceptance.  However, most of the independents show up on Desura (think Steam but without the login requirement to play your games).  I do think that this is the first time Steam is required to redeem the games, which I'm not crazy about.

I get why some people don't really play downloadable games (they prefer the tactile experience of the physical), or console ROMs (which are emulated and thus cannot be exactly the original), but I don't get it when people are opposed to downloadable games as a whole.  The idea that I would not play a game (such as Bastion) because of its format seems foreign to me. 

- Han Solo
The Metamorphosing Leon
Laying on the green leaf, left and abandoned...
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2012, 02:25:10 PM »

Many developers (especially independent developers) won't support Steam, so there isn't universal acceptance.  However, most of the independents show up on Desura (think Steam but without the login requirement to play your games).  I do think that this is the first time Steam is required to redeem the games, which I'm not crazy about.

I get why some people don't really play downloadable games (they prefer the tactile experience of the physical), or console ROMs (which are emulated and thus cannot be exactly the original), but I don't get it when people are opposed to downloadable games as a whole.  The idea that I would not play a game (such as Bastion) because of its format seems foreign to me.  

Yeah, downloadable games are simply the future. I already get miffed when I have to use a disc to watch a movie. So inconvenient. Tis a shame THQ has no games I want. Company of Heroes is OK, but meh.

When shall his new form be revealed?
wildbil52
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2012, 02:39:23 PM »

I strongly recommend Darksiders.  The first 15-20 minutes aren't great but the rest of the game is fantastic.

bombatomba
Blog Editor
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2012, 08:23:50 PM »

I strongly recommend Darksiders.  The first 15-20 minutes aren't great but the rest of the game is fantastic.

That's a recommendation I think I can trust.  While the first three games interest me (I'm not a huge RTS kinda guy), I may have to pass this Bundle up.  I only spend around $10 for any bundle, but it still makes my position shakier to spend $50 on the Steam winter sale   drool

- Han Solo
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length