RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 02:32:37 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | Ouya preorders now being accepted 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print
Author Topic: Ouya preorders now being accepted  (Read 6279 times)
Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #30 on: February 06, 2013, 08:34:16 AM »

I'm not the least bit interested in picking up an Ouya, but I am quite interested in seeing what it does to the console landscape. It could use a little shake up if you ask me.

It certainly will shake up the gaming market. Casual and social games are now the leading formats so the Ouya will no doubt exploit that to some way.

I'm not interested in the console either, but I want to see the impact it creates on the video game scene.

"Another exciting Canadian"

Like RPGs and Indie Games? Check out my blog!

Co-host of the RF Gen PlayCast http://rfgenplaycast.podbean.com/
bombatomba
Blog Editor
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #31 on: February 06, 2013, 10:23:42 AM »

I think I'm more excited about the shakeup that these incoming consoles will cause rather than the consoles themselves.  My question is how will Android devices like the Ouya define themselves, keeping in mind that most consider Android gaming (and most so called "mobile games") as "five minute experience" games at best.  Will we see games that can grab the attention of traditional gamers, or will be nothing but clones from the Google App Store?

"Thou mayest all thy troubles now forget,
    Th'Imperi'l knaves have been outrun at last."

- Han Solo
Leynos
Atari 7800
United States

Stats
« Reply #32 on: February 07, 2013, 07:14:28 PM »

Not trying to stir the pot but they said today they plan to release a new system every year. How would people feel about that? I know Apple TV and Roku to this every year and I am being punished for keeping my 3 year old Roku as certain channels not allowed. Not that big a deal as not big on Vudu. I also know many people change cell phone every year. I have had the same one for 2 years. I can see it being ok for some users and others not so much. Not bashing just curious what people think about that.
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #33 on: February 07, 2013, 07:18:28 PM »

Replacing the hardware would be fine with me if there was a legitimate reason to upgrade the hardware every year and they had an upgrade discount for current members once the new system was released. The box is essentially just a PC, and PC hardware needs to be ugpraded to keep current.

The Metamorphosing Leon
Laying on the green leaf, left and abandoned...
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #34 on: February 07, 2013, 07:21:08 PM »

OOOOOOYAAAAAAAA

Our language is sure nuff degrading back into grunts and such.

When shall his new form be revealed?
wildbil52
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #35 on: February 07, 2013, 07:26:00 PM »

At $99, I don't really have a problem with a yearly hardware revision.  Almost all other tech has at least a yearly revision.  If the new features aren't enticing enough for you to drop another hundo, you don't have to.  OR, you could sell your old one to help fund the new one, OR you could just give it to a friend.

I wasn't aware that some older Roku devices won't work with some newer Roku channels, I'd be mad.  My parents have a Roku and the channels it has work well, I just with it had more, you know?

Leynos
Atari 7800
United States

Stats
« Reply #36 on: February 07, 2013, 07:47:13 PM »

Personally think it would be better to give an update every 18 months.
Am4zingGam3r
Sega 32X
United States

Stats
« Reply #37 on: February 08, 2013, 03:16:59 PM »

Might just preorder this. Did with the Pandora Console, and it turned out just fine

The Metamorphosing Leon
Laying on the green leaf, left and abandoned...
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #38 on: February 08, 2013, 11:55:52 PM »

At $99, I don't really have a problem with a yearly hardware revision.  Almost all other tech has at least a yearly revision.  If the new features aren't enticing enough for you to drop another hundo, you don't have to.  OR, you could sell your old one to help fund the new one, OR you could just give it to a friend.

I wasn't aware that some older Roku devices won't work with some newer Roku channels, I'd be mad.  My parents have a Roku and the channels it has work well, I just with it had more, you know?

You can add more. There's millions of the buggers, just gotta find em online.

When shall his new form be revealed?
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length