RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 11:26:57 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Track your collection from the Magnavox Odyssey to Super Mario Odyssey!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | EA voted "Worst company in America" two years in a row 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: EA voted "Worst company in America" two years in a row  (Read 2380 times)
Vectorguy
Jaguar CD
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2013, 08:29:18 PM »

Oh, that's good to hear that they improved things then Smiley I still don't really like the company any more though (happens a lot, like how Activision is totally changed from how they started), which they were one of my favorite publishers during the Genesis years.

Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium
Awards: 2016 & 2018 Fantasy Football Winner

WWW Stats
« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2013, 08:45:59 PM »

Apparently you haven't been to the internet lately. Gaming > Everything

This.

If this poll was only taken on the Internet, then I'm not surprised EA coming out on top. Who else bothers to vote for something like this other than self-entitled gamers?

This is more or less a popularity contest anyway. Half the voters probably never heard of half the companies on the list. "But WAIT, I was screwed over by EA on the SimCity launch!!!". That's how EA "wins" this poll.

Granted, EA have been trying pretty hard recently to make themselves look like complete tools with one of the worst video game launches in recent history. All because of those pirates! I bet all the pirates voted EA en masse. Cheesy
Sauza12
DB Contributor
Awards: 06 RFG Baseball Winner

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2013, 08:48:27 PM »

All because of those pirates! I bet all the pirates voted EA en masse. Cheesy

PIRATES!

While I agree that in no way is EA the worst company even in it's own city, let alone the entire country, there's such a backlash against overreaching anti-piracy measures that it's caused people to go off the deep end a bit.  This poll just coincided with the release of SimCity and the always on DRM that made the game unplayable for a while.  Add on top of that all of the bad publicity EA has gotten over the years and you've definitely got a top notch recipe for First World Problems rage.

I'm almost willing to bet that if this poll was released after the Diablo 3 fiasco, Blizzard would have had the number one spot.
SirPsycho
Naked Koei Dude
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2013, 09:46:27 PM »

I'm almost willing to bet that if this poll was released after the Diablo 3 fiasco, Blizzard would have had the number one spot.

Oh come now, 4chan loves Blizzard in comparison to say, EA and Ubisoft.

Women were the reason I became a monk - and, ah, the reason I switched back... - Morte

Well I, for one, plan on discovering the secrets of the multiverse by rubbing cottage cheese on my belly and eating vast quantities of fresh-water fish. Mmm... cheese. -The Nameless One
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length