RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 05:30:11 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | PREPARE YOURSELVES... it's on its way. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: PREPARE YOURSELVES... it's on its way.  (Read 6261 times)
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2014, 02:03:40 PM »

Nitro Krypt King is awesome, and Target has the inflatable Krypt King sword if you buy the set there.
Picked up the Walmart-exclusive Water Buddy set (Gill Grunt, Gill Runt), 3 more traps, and Gusto. Apparently, just enough to get me through Chapter 2. Now to pick up more traps... Still need to pick up the Legendary sets from TRU as well.

Zagnorch
MAJIN SONIC'S BLOODLUST MUST BE SATED!
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #16 on: October 12, 2014, 02:24:20 PM »

Nitro Krypt King is awesome,

F*CKING-A HE'S AWESOME, AND DON'CHA FORGET IT, PUNK!

and Target has the inflatable Krypt King sword if you buy the set there.

Oh, it's inflatable? That's kinda disappointing. Eh, Mega brands will likely put out a Nerfish foam version one of these days. Then I'll have a Skylanders melee weapon to go with my twin Trigger Happy pistols.

Picked up the Walmart-exclusive Water Buddy set (Gill Grunt, Gill Runt)

Not big on going into Wally World myself, but I'll definitely drop by one to take a look.

3 more traps

Definitely gotta pick up some more of those. Probably wait 'til TRU does the 2-for-$8 deal again, which should be any week now...

and Gusto. Apparently, just enough to get me through Chapter 2.

I'll eventually pick up Gusto with the the 3DS game. Gonna wait 'til they do a price drop on the starter sets, which I'm sure they'll do at least once when the holiday shopping rush hits. Just wish they had the other Air-element Trap Master available now. And no Magic Trap Master out yet? What the hell?

Now to pick up more traps... Still need to pick up the Legendary sets from TRU as well.

Didja order the Collector's Edition strat guide too? Mine finally shipped out; hopefully I'll get it by midweek.

NOTE TO TYNSTAR: see all the fun you're missing out on?  Wink
Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #17 on: October 12, 2014, 04:34:47 PM »

Did someone say claptrap?

[img width=200 height=128]http://img4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20080608201105/donkeykong/images/a/a3/200px-Klaptrap.jpg[/img]

[img width=459 height=435]http://gamefrosting.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/Claptrap-Statue-1-459x435.jpg[/img]

Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #18 on: October 12, 2014, 04:53:58 PM »

Nah, didn't pre-order anything actually. I wasn't sure I would have enough to pick it up, but my paycheck was a little heavier than I expected.
No Magic Trap Master kind of pisses me off, but I haven't been able to find a Life Trap Master to safe my life right now.

EDIT: Wave 2. I'll wait to pick this up for the other traps, I guess...
[img width=500 height=500]http://skylanderscharacterlist.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/Trap8Pack.jpg[/img]

Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #19 on: October 12, 2014, 10:25:25 PM »

Hey now,

Nah, didn't pre-order anything actually. I wasn't sure I would have enough to pick it up, but my paycheck was a little heavier than I expected.

I only preordered the Dark Editon Wii U starter pack at the nearest GameStop, 'cuz I mistakenly thought it was exclusive to them again this year. I was gonna preorder a few things on Amazon.com, but my reward points couldn't go towards preorders. Jerkoffs...

No Magic Trap Master kind of pisses me off, but I haven't been able to find a Life Trap Master to safe my life right now.

I thought that was kinda weird, myself. Both water, earth, and tech Trap Masters were available right off the bat, but neither magic one? Quite frustrating indeed.

EDIT: Wave 2. I'll wait to pick this up for the other traps, I guess...
[img width=500 height=500]http://skylanderscharacterlist.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/Trap8Pack.jpg[/img]

Cool. I prefer buying a full set of traps, too. But... Broccoli Guy? That dude was kinda obnoxious. And talk about a corny name for a character. *SPOILER ALERT* Even Kaos goofs on him during the end credits... which runs for nearly a half hour. I didn't wanna skip over it for fear of missing out on some possible bonus at the end that I could only earn if I let the credits roll all the way through.

Oh, and I took a look at the Wally World-exclusive Gill Grunt / Runt set... and decided to pass. They're just the standard versions I can get or eventually will get elsewhere. At least give 'em a different paint job if you want me to buy 'em, ya lazy sods.

'Late
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #20 on: October 12, 2014, 11:28:01 PM »

Yeah, it's nothing special. However, there is supposed to be a new Legendary at TRU for Wave 2, but I don't know if it comes in an Adventure Pack or not, as the standard comes in a Pack.

Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #21 on: October 13, 2014, 08:31:48 PM »

Yeah, it's nothing special. However, there is supposed to be a new Legendary at TRU for Wave 2, but I don't know if it comes in an Adventure Pack or not, as the standard comes in a Pack.

IIRC one of the next Legendaries is Deja Vu, whose regular form comes both singly and in a new adventure pack.

I've already beaten the story on moderate difficulty, now I'm doing the grinding thing and up-leveling my trap masters and minis. Most of them are maxed out on their power upgrades, and only two of them are lower than level 8. I'm also getting gung-ho about completing every challenge and quest, as well as finding all the hidden goodies. I've been tempted to go online to find out where everything is stashed, but I'm gonna hold out until my guide arrives. And I'm still wondering about the unknown-element portals and trappables.

And now that I've played it some more, I'm ashamed to admit it, but... Broccoli Guy is officially my favorite trappable "helper." His a-little-too-self-assured attitude and all around dorkiness has won me over. Okay, so he refers to himself in the third person; hey, nobody's perfect. But at least he's straightforward; his name pretty much says it all. Needless to say, I can't wait for that 8-trap set to drop.

Hey, you know what-- I could go for some steamed broccoli right about now. Do it up just right with a dash of lemon juice, and chow down. Maybe Chef Pepper Jack can provide a recipe for a main course to go with it... yeah...

BRB
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #22 on: October 13, 2014, 09:42:53 PM »

Yeah, it was Deja Vu. The unknown elements are likely the Light/Dark masters that are releasing later as well.

Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #23 on: October 13, 2014, 10:56:03 PM »

Speaking of upcoming releases: looks like Frito-Lay's got another contest for an "exclusive" figure.

Well, it's exclusive to Frito-Lay until the end of the year, anyway.

[img width=628 height=1177]http://skylanderaddicts.files.wordpress.com/2014/09/placeholder-320x100.jpeg[/img]

Then you'll likely see it at TRU a few months after promotion's end, like they did with the glow-in-the-dark Rattle Shake, and will likely be the same deal for those differently colored Fire Bone Hot Dog figures. Frito-Lay can take that Blipper app and shove it where the sun don't shine.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length