RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 03:05:43 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where we play the Power Pad with our feet, not our hands, dagnabbit!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Community Playthroughs (Moderators: techwizard, singlebanana, wildbil52, GrayGhost81, Disposed Hero, MetalFRO) | October Modern Community Playthrough - Fragile Dreams 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] Print
Author Topic: October Modern Community Playthrough - Fragile Dreams  (Read 22727 times)
GrayGhost81
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #75 on: October 26, 2013, 07:48:28 AM »

Ok everyone, I added the final checkpoint, which is obviously to finish the game. I'd appreciate if I wasn't the only one to get through to the end Wink

I put the following stuff in spoiler tags but I promise there are no story spoilers in there, just some insider info about finishing the game.

Spoiler (hover to show)

ericeskapade
DB Contributor
Germany

Stats
« Reply #76 on: October 26, 2013, 03:24:43 PM »

no, no Grayghost, don't be afraid, you won't be the only one in the pantheon of fragile dreams-finishers Smiley i managed to play until the top of the dam. So i hope i am only few steps away from checkpoint 4. this was a lot of ladder climbing and lonely straying through empty corridors until here. but now i know why the critics praised it. it made me sometimes wonder, what i would do if i really would wake up in such a deserted place:very nice touch of the scenery - now i will definetely remember this game for a long time.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2013, 01:16:48 AM by ericeskapade » Logged
Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #77 on: October 27, 2013, 12:51:09 AM »

Eric, your profile picture is very appropriate for this game. What a coincidence.

EDIT

Add me to the list of people done with the game. I beat it last night. It's a bummer that I finally mastered the control scheme so close to the end. It would have been a much more fun game had I grasped the systems earlier.

Overall I really enjoyed it. It's not perfect, but it succeeded in sending shivers down my spin during the tense moments.

Ready to the discuss this game. Smiley
« Last Edit: October 27, 2013, 10:22:22 AM by Fleach » Logged

"Another exciting Canadian"

Like RPGs and Indie Games? Check out my blog!

Co-host of the RF Gen PlayCast http://rfgenplaycast.podbean.com/
ericeskapade
DB Contributor
Germany

Stats
« Reply #78 on: October 27, 2013, 04:46:49 PM »

YES! I also finished the game now. i left more and more enemies behind me without attacking them towards the end.  i have over 50 items (besides weapons and medicine and stuff) but i don't know if they are all memory items? took 17,5 hours in all...but i am a slow gamer, always afraid of missing something on the way Smiley

@Fleach: I noticed this, too at the beginning of the game with all the cats.

Also ready to discuss.

FIY: i found this site, where a lot of pictures could have influenced the game:

http://www.boredpanda.com/abandoned-places/
GrayGhost81
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #79 on: October 27, 2013, 08:03:37 PM »

Congrats on beating the game Eric. Thanks for staying with us!

That gallery is cool as hell. Pripyat was used in COD4: Modern Warfare.

GrayGhost81
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #80 on: October 29, 2013, 10:33:41 AM »

Ok I'm gonna say at this point since three out of five of us have finished the game and I'm not sure about Doug or Banana's likelihood of finishing it this week, we can wrap up this playthrough by discussing the game, including plot spoilers, the ending, etc.

I really enjoyed this game a lot. I do feel like certain elements weren't fully explained but I actually like that.

Sai was my favorite character. I think that her relationship with Shin lacked the dramatic impact that the writers probably wanted and I wish Shin was introduced a little earlier. Combine that with how easy he was as a final boss and Shin really falls short as the main villain.

As Sai started to grow on me, it made me think of PF and it really had an emotional impact, like "The companions in this game are neat, I really like Sai, hey remember PF? Whatever happened to her? Oh yeah...Sad"

The environments in this game, as Eric alluded to, are brilliant. I loved the amusement park and the hotel. The underground bunkers were awesome and the never-ending-hallways really added to the sense of desolation that the game conveyed so well. I liked that when you came out into daylight in the Hotel section it was almost shocking.

Let's see...what else? The voice acting was above average, especially the memory items, where they needed to be good.

Overall great game, very unique. I'm glad to have experienced it with you guys.

Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #81 on: October 29, 2013, 12:53:01 PM »

I liked how Sai knew what Seto was getting himself into without revealing anything. I suspect she was the girl who dreamed of being a ballerina (from the torn photo memory item). Having spent a lot of time with her made it easy for Sai to become a favourite character.

The post-apocalyptic setting using actual locations was really neat. I liked the stylized Japan.

I liked how this game left me with many questions like how did Seto survive the mass wipe-out? How did PF know about the events that happened before the game's start?

I also liked the refreshing daylight scenes. They were a warm welcome from the eerie darkness of all the other scenes. The lab was probably my favourite setting.

Being able to cross this game off my list is great and it was fun to share the experience. If anyone wants to chat about the game I don't mind going on Skype or PM-ing to discuss. Feel free to PM me your Skype info if you wish.

"Another exciting Canadian"

Like RPGs and Indie Games? Check out my blog!

Co-host of the RF Gen PlayCast http://rfgenplaycast.podbean.com/
GrayGhost81
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #82 on: October 31, 2013, 02:18:11 PM »

Hey, I just wanted to thank you guys again for making my first time hosting a playthrough very pleasurable. Even though it was a small group, the discussions were great, and the game was really fun. Thanks for going out on a limb with me and playing a more "niche" game. I hope it was as rewarding for you as it was for me.

Now, won't you all join Fleach and me in blasting through Sao Paulo in Max Payne 3?

ericeskapade
DB Contributor
Germany

Stats
« Reply #83 on: November 01, 2013, 08:54:39 AM »

i think you summed up the game really well so i can only approvingly nod my head. the ending film/credits had also a nice tune. thank you - it was a fun experience.
techwizard
RFG Moderator
Canada

Stats
« Reply #84 on: November 01, 2013, 12:27:41 PM »

sorry i missed out on this one! it sounds like a great game, i'll pick it up eventually
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length