RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 01:15:47 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Community Playthroughs (Moderators: techwizard, singlebanana, wildbil52, GrayGhost81, Disposed Hero, MetalFRO) | Episode 1 - RFGeneration Community Playthrough Wrap-Up 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Episode 1 - RFGeneration Community Playthrough Wrap-Up  (Read 4865 times)
h1ghw1nd
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2014, 05:04:57 PM »

Great podcast guys! Listened to the second half and really enjoyed everyones thoughts.

How about splitting the two playthroughs into seperate files? Or maybe record the intro last and let us know where the other discussion starts. I didn't play PS so I was hoping not to hear any ending spoilers looking for TLOU.

As for TLOU, I really liked the game a lot more on the second playthrough on hard. I took the suggestions of slowing down and walking through the environments, and also playing as stealthily as I could. I was kinda hard on it the first time through but I'm glad I let it change my mind. Did anyone else find the 2nd run to take FOREVER? I thought I was putting in some work and it still took soooo long!
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2014, 06:26:57 PM »

The discussions should be bookmarked and I know they were on the YouTube file at least. I intended to bookmark the Podomatic file, but had already uploaded it and would have had to upload the entire again. Thanks so much for the feedback! With a little more experience, we will surely get squared away.

Glad you enjoyed it and I'll let one of the others address TLOU since I didn't have the opportunity to play that one.

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2014, 06:28:23 PM »

Yeah, I talked to Tech about bookmarking, but there's some complications with bookmarking on Podomatic...at least, there were when I discussed it with him.

techwizard
RFG Moderator
Canada

Stats
« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2014, 06:52:17 PM »

i'd have to look back through my PMs, but i think the problem was that the bookmarking system essentially split each bookmark into separate episodes that were slightly larger than the total podcast file combined. with limited storage space on podomatic (can't remember what it was but it wasn't much) it would have meant less episodes up before we would have to start taking down earlier ones to make room for newer ones.

unless we figure out a better way to do it, for now you'll just have to look at the description for the show notes that should tell you down to the second what point each segment starts at. i'd recommend putting the player on mute until you come to the right time to avoid spoilers.

as for TLOU i think Hard is the sweet spot because i first played on normal which felt too easy, and my second playthrough was on survivor which was extremely frustrating. even though i was stuck on some spots for as much as an hour at a time, it didn't really feel that much longer overall to me anyway
« Last Edit: June 05, 2014, 06:54:19 PM by techwizard » Logged
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length