RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 12:23:09 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Track your collection from the Magnavox Odyssey to Super Mario Odyssey!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | RF Generation Podcasts (Moderators: Crabmaster2000, Duke.Togo, wildbil52) | RF Generation Collectorcast Episode 22 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Print
Author Topic: RF Generation Collectorcast Episode 22  (Read 17902 times)
Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« on: May 07, 2014, 09:43:35 PM »

Episode 22 is live for those that know where to find it.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2014, 06:39:03 AM by Duke.Togo » Logged

RetroRage
it's not that bad...You can barely notice it.
Donor

Stats
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2014, 12:27:32 AM »

« Last Edit: May 08, 2014, 01:08:22 AM by Crabmaster2000 » Logged

Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2014, 09:32:26 AM »

My fave bits from the intro:

0:23-  “The Only Man in Canada with a Tan” should be Crabby’s official title on his Discussion Board profile.

0:46 - Meanwhile, the freakin’ Sharks blew a 3-games-to-0 lead over the lowdown-no-good-scumbag Kings. They had FOUR GODDAMNED CHANCES to advance, and couldn’t pull it off. And don’t get me started on the Warriors’ playoff series loss against another lowdown-no-good-scumbag Hell-A team, the Clippers…

4:52- “Well… girls can be dudes…”
“WHAT?! I don’t wanna meet the girls that are dudes.”
“Well, to each his own…”
Best exchange of the entire intro…

5:17-  “I came for the checklists, but I stayed for the friendships.” Holy crap, it’s almost like I had an advanced copy of this Collectorcast, and plagiarized your statement when I posted the story of how I found RF Gen on Bickman’s latest blog post...

http://www.rfgeneration.c...rsonal-Thank-You-2761.php

...and my "How Did You Discover RF Generation?" thread.

http://www.rfgeneration.c...php?topic=13844.msg197596

That’s downright spooky…

5:50- Don’t edit it out, just use it as a teaser for the new podcast. A little viral advertising as it were…

8:48- Dammit, Bil, don’t be giving him ideas! Though if he is gonna hire someone to do it, it might as well be EngineerMike.

9:40- With Metal Storm of course! At least, that’s how I’d top it, anyway.

11:20- Hey now!

13:19- HEY NOW!

14:51- You had me at “sexual innuendos and poop jokes,” my good man. Now I gotta find me a copy of this bad boy. BTW would you consider it an "unloved" title to blog about?  Grin

'Late
Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2014, 10:28:25 AM »

Considering the discussion about PS2 complete set collecting.

http://www.sydbolton.com/videogames.asp

"Another exciting Canadian"

Like RPGs and Indie Games? Check out my blog!

Co-host of the RF Gen PlayCast http://rfgenplaycast.podbean.com/
GrayGhost81
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2014, 12:18:15 PM »

PS2 is by far my favorite console but, HELL NO. There are a TON of crap games for it and all those sports games.

Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2014, 01:29:35 PM »

You mean all those Mary Kate and Ashley games are crap?!

Great show guys! It felt like a nice reunion for the three of you.

Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2014, 01:34:51 PM »

You mean all those Mary Kate and Ashley games are crap?!

You say that in the presence of ixtaileddemonfox, and he's liable to throw down on your ass. Better watch your back...
Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2014, 08:30:13 PM »

PS2 would be challenging, but at this point in time doable. Another 10 years? I bet it will be pricey.

RetroRage
it's not that bad...You can barely notice it.
Donor

Stats
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2014, 08:52:13 PM »

I really sank my teeth into this episode, good job guys.  And when Bil started talking about 32x again my mouth started to water.....

It was really good to see the three of you back together in all it's glory. 

Anyhoo I'm all about the subsets, it's basically how I collect.  I have to keep my goals in little bite sized packages to keep things interesting and to keep me going. 

I'll never have a complete NES set, I know that.  I don't make a ton of money and I don't have the space.  But I still actively collect in subsets and before too long I've chipped away an extra 50 games.

At any given time I have about 5 different subsets I'm working on.  I just had one of those "what's next?" moments when I finished my Mega Man/Mega Man X subset.  For a few weeks there I didn't know what to do because since I started one of my biggest goals to get all the MMs. 

Now that it's over I need a new titan to tackle, and I think I'm going the way of Crabby and getting Turbo Grafx stuff.

Oh, and I haven't given up on my 32x set either.  I have about 10 to go and Spider-man is one of them.  Like Bil I want my set to be complete and it's going to get expensive.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2014, 08:53:49 PM by RetroRage » Logged

Crabmaster2000
RFG Moderator
Canada

Stats
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2014, 12:54:18 AM »

@RetroRage - I've typically got several on the go as well. Right now its:

Last 11 NES games
ATLUS published games
TMNT Games
Mega Man Games
TG16 Games
Turbo CD Games
Working Designs Games
Batman Games
CIB Virtual Boy Games
N64 Boxes (not necessarily games right now)
Wii U Games released in 2012

I like having multiples on the go so that a lot of my game pick ups actively help me towards a goal, especially since some of them are going to be a long time off.

If you do decide to jump into TG16/Turbo CD let it be known. I'd love to have another partner in crime on that one.

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

300+ NES games beaten since October 2011

Co-Host of the Rfgeneration Collectorcast:
http://rfgenerationcollectorcast.podomatic.com/
techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2014, 01:37:21 AM »

really like this topic! i've got:

complete CIB NA N64 set
all Legend of Zelda games (at the moment excluding CDI titles but that might change when the rest of the set is complete)
all Call of Duty games (ongoing because they release so often, but i have all but the most recent one and a couple handheld titles. one version of each only, i'm not going out of my way for the crazy big special editions)

once i finish the NA N64 set i'll be going for the japanese, EU, and AUS regional exclusive sets too
Disposed Hero
Blog Editor
United States
Awards: 2013 RFGeneration KING OF RAGE

Stats
« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2014, 08:23:57 AM »

I really enjoyed listening to the podcast (first time I've listened to one shortly after it was posted).  I like the idea of collecting via subsets.  It gives you a clear goal to work for and is much more direct than 'collect all games for this console'.  I had the idea about a year ago to collect every Squaresoft game released on the PSX, and although I haven't seriously followed through with that idea, I probably do have most of them by now.  I have also thought about going after all Atlus titles.

As far as collecting the entire set for a console.... that sounds like a daunting task indeed.  That's not something I would really shoot for, but I could easily see myself attempting it if I was suddenly close to a complete set after completing tons of subsets.

Check out my YouTube Channel for VGM covers! https://www.youtube.com/disposedherovgm

Check out my Twitch Channel! https://www.twitch.tv/disposed_hero

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2014, 08:26:04 AM »

If you do decide to jump into TG16/Turbo CD let it be known. I'd love to have another partner in crime on that one.

You've got a friend in me Crabby. Here are the current sets I am slowly working toward with my main focus on the NES. Current complete collections I am working toward:

NES (7 remaining*)
Vectrex (3*)
SMS CIB (45*)
Colecovision (61*)
Intellivision CIB (54*)
7800 (24*)
5200 (31*)
TG16 - jewel cases, not boxes (76*)  Wink

That's right, the 2600 is not on this list. Why? Because it's basically impossible. This is a great system to collect subsets for and as a result, I only have a few more games on my radar.

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2014, 09:34:20 AM »

I've set out to collect for NES because it's a console that predates me and I feel like it has an important part in video game and pop culture history. My nostalgic gaming memories would be the SNES but the Nintendo Bubble is detracting me from collecting for that system. I love its RPGs and Adventure games so I try to pick those up when I can.

Even though it takes me forever to beat RPGs, especially the Playstation ones I really want to collect those.

My goals are expensive and are going to take a long to accomplish.

Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2014, 10:20:55 AM »

You talked about variants too much in the beginning of the podcast. I would like my donation refunded please.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length