RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 10:09:07 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Burgers from trash cans taste the best.

RF Generation Message Board | Collecting | Collection Connection | Forgotten Collection 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print
Author Topic: Forgotten Collection  (Read 8501 times)
Zagnorch
MAJIN SONIC'S BLOODLUST MUST BE SATED!
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #45 on: August 12, 2014, 09:22:41 PM »

BTW the pile I'm going through also contained three GameCubes, three SNESes, two Genesises (Genesi?), two Dreamcasts and three SNESes... so far. I looked at all these extra consoles in front of me, and came to the realization that I'm risking going from collector to hoarder...

I'm reassured that I am far from hoarding, by your notation, since I know everything in my collection is accounted for and I know where it is stored/shelved.  Forgetting about 13 consoles (although you listed the SNES's twice) is cause for concern.

I've been focusing so intently on the collecting aspect of the hobby, I've been neglecting just about every other part. Fortunately, I've gotten far more particular about what I grab at the thrifts. This is especially true of controllers and other peripherals which, with the wires all being tangled up together and all, have been a challenge to sort.

BTW most of the extra consoles were parts of yard-sale game-plus-console lots I'd snap up in one fell swoop. Just a part of the aforementioned hyper-focus on collecting.

One big upside to all the sorting: I've been getting the best workout since my ankle injury several months back, which I supplement with an hour-long walk through the neighborhood. No need to break out the Wii Fit just yet...

'Late
Boshamp
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #46 on: August 13, 2014, 01:01:01 AM »

Hey now,

Over the past few days I've been sifting through piles of stuff I've built up over the last few years, and found something that wasn't forgotten so much as it was lost. I bought a complete boxed Super Game Boy at a yard sale several years back, separated the adapter from the box, and put the box in a place so well hidden, I didn't find it until yesterday.

[img width=700 height=322]http://i1273.photobucket.com/albums/y409/Zagnorch/Lost1_zps7de5a88a.jpg[/img]

BTW the pile I'm going through also contained three GameCubes, three SNESes, two Genesises (Genesi?), two Dreamcasts and three SNESes... so far. I looked at all these extra consoles in front of me, and came to the realization that I'm risking going from collector to hoarder...

'Late

The only differences I have discerned between collecting and hoarding is A. Knowing what you have. and B. organization. If you find stuff you don't remember you had, or have it all shoved in an unorganized manner, I would say hoarder...and so far, I am trying to get it all sorted to go from being a hoarder to a formal collector. ha ha

Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #47 on: August 13, 2014, 01:48:02 AM »

Greetings from Terra,

Hey now,

Over the past few days I've been sifting through piles of stuff I've built up over the last few years, and found something that wasn't forgotten so much as it was lost. I bought a complete boxed Super Game Boy at a yard sale several years back, separated the adapter from the box, and put the box in a place so well hidden, I didn't find it until yesterday.

[img width=700 height=322]http://i1273.photobucket.com/albums/y409/Zagnorch/Lost1_zps7de5a88a.jpg[/img]

'Late

The only differences I have discerned between collecting and hoarding is A. Knowing what you have. and B. organization. If you find stuff you don't remember you had, or have it all shoved in an unorganized manner, I would say hoarder...and so far, I am trying to get it all sorted to go from being a hoarder to a formal collector. ha ha

With few exceptions I've had no trouble with A.), but I did have problems with B.), which was due mainly to the speed I added to my collection combined with little spare time to organize it. Oh, and innate laziness. So I cut back on the thrift-hunts and a nice stretch of free time to take advantage of the organizing part. It's rather embarrassing the amount of stuff I have to go through, which includes my collection and myriad other personal effects. It'll take weeks before I get things truly squared away.

Fortunately, sorting has been oddly fun and relaxing. I feel like I'm doing an archaeological dig through my own personal history, and figuring out what goes where, what I should keep, and what goes. All I can tell you is, this year's Not-So-Secret Santa is gonna blow my shipping budget straight to hell.

Now I wonder if I should keep the pay stubs from that comic shop job I had in the late '90s...

'Late
techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #48 on: August 13, 2014, 03:31:38 AM »

Greetings from Terra,

Hey now,

'Late

With few exceptions I've had no trouble with A.), but I did have problems with B.), which was due mainly to the speed I added to my collection combined with little spare time to organize it. Oh, and innate laziness. So I cut back on the thrift-hunts and a nice stretch of free time to take advantage of the organizing part. It's rather embarrassing the amount of stuff I have to go through, which includes my collection and myriad other personal effects. It'll take weeks before I get things truly squared away.

Fortunately, sorting has been oddly fun and relaxing. I feel like I'm doing an archaeological dig through my own personal history, and figuring out what goes where, what I should keep, and what goes. All I can tell you is, this year's Not-So-Secret Santa is gonna blow my shipping budget straight to hell.

Now I wonder if I should keep the pay stubs from that comic shop job I had in the late '90s...

'Late

it's always satisfying to me when i'm organizing/getting rid of things from my collection. i really like the idea of focusing certain aspects down to exactly what i want. i'm still in progress on that, except N64 which is my one goal, i'm trying to narrow down all my other systems to only games that i want or think might be worth playing.
Boshamp
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #49 on: August 13, 2014, 02:16:58 PM »

Found a pretty small box labeled "Game Boy and Portables" tucked under the bed while my wife was having me lift the mattress to look for clothes she had packed away for my son. I am excited to see what stuff that has in it once I get home tonight.

Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #50 on: August 13, 2014, 09:58:22 PM »

Found a pretty small box labeled "Game Boy and Portables" tucked under the bed while my wife was having me lift the mattress to look for clothes she had packed away for my son. I am excited to see what stuff that has in it once I get home tonight.

Whatta coinkydink-- the Super Game Boy box I rediscovered was in a container under my bed.

What are the odds?
Boshamp
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #51 on: August 13, 2014, 11:40:41 PM »

Pretty good I think. Portable stuff is smaller, and most everyone tucks small boxes under the bed when they need space. ha ha

Nothing too impressive, some stuff I didn't know about, mostly a lot of stuff I knew I had, but had lost.

"Lost" items:

My "NES" styled GBA SP
A couple GBA SP storage cases
3 GB to GB Connection cables, 3 GBA to 'Cube connectors, and 2 GBA chargers
My DS headset
My Gameboy Player Startup disc. (Thank God I found this guy. I have been missing it for a while)

Inside of this box: Another smaller box!

I remember purchasing some of this hardware, but none of the games.

2 GB 4-Player Adapters
1 e-reader
1 GB Game Genie
1 Yellow GB Camera
1 Blue GB Camera with Manual
1 Red GB Camera
1 GB Printer
1 Red GB Pocket
1 Original GB (Unknown Variant) I will post a picture when I get the chance, but this GB has sports in action [Baseball, Football, Basketball, and Hockey] around the border of the screen and I do not see it in the DB. Once I find out what it is, I will submit the variant if it needs to be done.
2 Tetris games
Pac-man
Snoopy's Magic show
Pokemon TCG
Turtles: Back from the sewers
Star wars
Home alone 2

Oddly enough, a PS2 game was shoved in there too. Virtua Fighter 4 Evolution

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length