RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 03:03:50 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: It's not the size of the collection, it's how you store it!

RF Generation Message Board | Announcements and Feedback | The Thinktank | Handling Free to Play with Collections 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Handling Free to Play with Collections  (Read 1416 times)
Zthun
N-Gage

Stats
« on: August 07, 2014, 09:05:22 AM »

I've been doing a lot of thinking about this and I was wondering, how do people handle Free to Play games in the Collection folder?

Technically, the moment any existing Free to Play game is released, we all have access to it - we technically have the ability to play them.  They're not restricted and it's difficult to classify them as part of your Collection.  So far, I've only put them in my Collection folder if they are installed (PC, XBox, etc) and ready to play, and I remove them if they have been uninstalled.

Would it be difficult to add a field for free to play games that specifies the account name or maybe an identifier that says - I'm involved with playing this game.  For example, if I added Rusty Hearts, I would maybe put the name of the main character that I play, or with LoL, you could put the account name.  It's just a thought. 
retrosportsgamer
Memorex VIS

WWW Stats
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2014, 09:43:55 AM »

I've had this question on my mind recently also. I have *not* been adding any PS+ games I download for free given the subscription tie-in. Everything I purchase on PSN I'll log but I have a real hard time considering those free titles "mine".

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length