RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 04:58:22 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: This land is peaceful, it's inhabitants kind.

RF Generation Message Board | Announcements and Feedback | Announcements and Feedback | Collection Stats 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Collection Stats  (Read 3771 times)
Confiusion
N-Gage

Stats
« on: December 31, 2014, 02:05:50 PM »

Hi there
I'm pretty new here and i'm currently updating the database with my german games. As I worked on that a little improvement came to my mind. I saw the Statistic part in the games whatsoever and thought of: why is it only showing me who and how many collecter own the specific version of the game and why doesnt it tell me how many collectors on RFG own any version of the game at all. I dunno if it if easy to include another line of text that includes that info but these are my 2 cents I wanted to leave right here.  Grin
bickman2k
Director
United States
Awards: 2017 RF Generation Punch-Out Heavyweight Champion!

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2014, 03:01:45 PM »

We do have some plans for handling the variants in a different way that may potentially affect how these stats are calculated.

[img width=468 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/images/banners/generated/collection/bickman2k.png[/img]
Confiusion
N-Gage

Stats
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2014, 03:32:30 PM »

that sounds good Smiley keep up the good work

as well i would like to have a page with recent updated/new entries where i can see more titles than on the front page. Please correct me if i didnt find it. Cheesy
techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2014, 03:41:57 PM »

not directly related to your request but if you like stats there's a "Site Statistics" page here: http://www.rfgeneration.c...HP/about.php?action=stats where you can find tons of stats, especially if you use the drop down at the top.

oh and don't forget the staff here are all volunteers and there aren't many of them, it can sometimes take ages for anything to change but they do their best with the time they have Smiley
Confiusion
N-Gage

Stats
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2014, 03:55:32 PM »

I don't care how long it takes, I simply love this site and i won't get angry if anyone told me they won't include any of my suggestions. Thank you all for the fast answers, just didn't want to open a second thread for my initial thoughts of having a "recent updates"-page
Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2014, 07:46:53 PM »

A short list of the most recently updated entries is on the right side of the homepage.

Other than that slightly more detailed submission logs i think are staff only. You aren't missing much. The functionality leaves much to be desired still.

EDIT
Also welcome! Glad you are liking things Cheesy

Confiusion
N-Gage

Stats
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2014, 08:10:52 PM »

thank you and thx for the info Smiley
zcrich01
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2015, 10:23:37 AM »

I really thought there would've been way more code monkeys murdered thus far than 5. I think the coding for that stat may be off.
Izret101
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2015, 10:34:25 AM »

The monkey that updated it was the 5th murder victim.

Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2015, 10:41:46 AM »

Remember - those are only the monkeys that have been murdered. Some escaped.

Izret101
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2015, 11:44:34 AM »

Remember - those are only the monkeys that have been murdered. Some escaped.

Acquittals are also not included in that number.

Greg Troxler
Tiger Gizmondo

United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2015, 11:40:54 AM »

going with stat changes, can someone look into standardizing the Publisher and Developers naming? I was looking through my own stats and saw three listing for the same Publisher: Take2 Interactive, Take 2 Interactive, and Take-Two Interactive. Is there any way to consolidate this and further more when submitting a new title or info can they be pre-typed into a drop menu and have like a "+" symbol next to the menu to add Co-Publisher or Developer. Then add a new Publishers or Developers "box" under or beside the list.

Scorpion2368
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length