RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 11:17:34 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Check us out on Discord! Link on the front page!

RF Generation Message Board | Announcements and Feedback | Announcements and Feedback | Atari Jaguar CD games box standardization 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Atari Jaguar CD games box standardization  (Read 3804 times)
JeremiahJT
N-Gage

Stats
« on: December 11, 2014, 09:00:04 PM »

I was going to fill in some of the missing Jaguar CD images when I noticed that sometimes the long box is shown as the box with the jewel case put in extra media and sometimes it is reversed.  Normally I would think that the long box should be considered the box and the jewel case should be put in extra media, but with Blue Lightning and Vid Grid not have long boxes I am not so sure.

So if I submit images for Braindead 13, Primal Rage, and Space Ace how should I submit the box and case images?
tactical_nuke
DB Reviewer
United States

Stats
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2014, 10:02:38 PM »

The outer box should always be the main pics. Inner jewel cases should be extra media. The images on those pages you mentioned need to be moved. This happens all the time with bundles too.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2014, 10:04:09 PM by Flee » Logged
ae.tc
Technician
DB Contributor
United States

Stats
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2014, 10:04:03 PM »

...  Normally I would think that the long box should be considered the box and the jewel case should be put in extra media,..

you are correct here.

• Sega Mega-Tech • SNK MVS • Sega Naomi 2 • Kaneko AX • Taito F3 ••
ae.tc
Technician
DB Contributor
United States

Stats
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2014, 10:15:48 PM »

... The images on those pages you mentioned need to be moved. ...

BL, VG, & Myst [Demo] -- pack-in titles which never had a box produced, pictures are correct on these

techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2014, 08:07:09 PM »

BL, VG, & Myst [Demo] -- pack-in titles which never had a box produced, pictures are correct on these

if they were pack-ins (I'm assuming you mean with a system?), shouldn't they be under extra media for the system hardware entry?
tactical_nuke
DB Reviewer
United States

Stats
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2014, 11:03:05 PM »

if they were pack-ins (I'm assuming you mean with a system?), shouldn't they be under extra media for the system hardware entry?
There are actually a few exceptions like Metroid Prime Hunters Demo that came with the original DS and Link's Crossbow Training. They have their own entries. I think this was talked about before. From what I've seen, if a pack-in title doesn't have a standalone release, it gets its own page. Otherwise it should be under extra media only. (Please weigh in on this admins.)
ae.tc
Technician
DB Contributor
United States

Stats
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2014, 05:16:22 AM »

..., if a pack-in title doesn't have a standalone release, it gets its own page...

yep, there's no separate long box retail version of these titles,. & shouldn't be removed as individual db entries

Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2014, 01:43:28 PM »

...to be honest, it's been shown people want separate pages even if it's a pack-in version. I've removed a certain pack-in entry 10+ times and it keeps ending up in the database/queue. Best bet on those is to create a pack-in version page, put in some trivia and link to the Hardware (if possible).

Images to Move/Swap:
http://www.rfgeneration.c...nfo.pl?ID=U-056-S-00010-A
http://www.rfgeneration.c...nfo.pl?ID=U-056-S-00020-A
http://www.rfgeneration.c...nfo.pl?ID=U-056-S-00070-A
« Last Edit: December 14, 2014, 12:00:43 PM by Shadow Kisuragi » Logged

Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2014, 06:28:38 PM »

As stated pack ins get resubbed CONSTANTLY.

It is a tricky thing since they (IMO) should only be in there as the bundle was intended but there are SO many cases where people end up with just a portion of the bundle that they keep getting resubbed.

Sometimes intentionally. Sometimes because the person doesn't know it is part of a bundle.
In the end the best thing that can be done is to make sure that it is noted on the game page what the status of that game is.

Was it only available as a bundle? (Tony Hawk: Ride)
Was it offered as a bundle OR a stand alone? (Tony Hawk: Shred)
If so note it.

As time goes on chances are we are going to have that problem with current gen games in addition to last gen and older gens.

Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2014, 12:01:04 PM »

Fixed the images, but it looks like the Hover Strike game case images were overwritten before I got to them.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length