RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 12:54:41 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: This land is peaceful, it's inhabitants kind.

RF Generation Message Board | Announcements and Feedback | Announcements and Feedback | Contradicting ELSPA review policies by differnt reviewers 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Contradicting ELSPA review policies by differnt reviewers  (Read 1167 times)
sharp
DB Contributor
Netherlands

Stats
« on: January 02, 2015, 09:36:48 AM »

My clean up for ELSPA rating for Arkanoid for the SNES was rejected, on the other hand mumboking correction on Virtua Fighter was accepted. I would like to sugegst that for ELSPA rated games we only added the lowest allowed age to be showed as there are nogames which are 3+ but not allowed for 18+

http://www.rfgeneration.c...nfo.pl?ID=E-060-S-02170-A
ApolloBoy
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2015, 05:07:39 PM »

If the back of the box shows all four ratings, then those four ratings are what should be added.

[img width=468 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/PHP/banners.php?banner=collectionstats;user=ApolloBoy[/img]
Bildtstar
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
DB Editor
Netherlands

Stats
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2015, 05:37:26 PM »

It has been discussed before:

I thought we determined before to just go with 3+ when they have all the ages listed, since "ages three and up" would include all the other ages.

Oh No! More Lemmings Skylanders...
Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2015, 07:01:31 PM »

^Makes sense
It isn't like we tick off EC, E, E10+, T, M, and AO for an Early Childhood ESRB rating.

Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2015, 09:57:14 PM »

The original confusion was around trying to match the listed rating on the box, since the old ELSPA ratings had checkboxes for 3-10, 11-14, 15-17, and 18+, and newer releases had 3+, 11+, 15+, and 18+. sharp brought it up a long time ago, and we determined that it didn't make sense to have two separate systems for ELSPA ratings. However, I don't know if I ever broadcasted out that we reverted that policy...

So, it should be the lowest applicable rating for ELSPA to prevent having two separate sets of ratings. After all, if I were searching for all 11+ ELSPA rated games, I'd pick up the old 3+ rated games, which makes absolutely no sense.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length