RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 10:25:53 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Check us out on Discord! Link on the front page!

RF Generation Message Board | Collecting | Collection Connection | Displaying loose Game Boy games? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Displaying loose Game Boy games?  (Read 3681 times)
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« on: January 04, 2016, 04:25:53 PM »

I know this topic has been covered before and sorry to retread ground, but I can't find it. Just wondering how people display/store their Game Boy titles other than using baseball card sleeves/albums.  I currently have mine in a plastic bin and I hate digging through it to find games.

Also, does anyone do custom end labels for these games? Thanks

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2016, 04:31:35 PM »

here's the last topic about it from page 2: http://www.rfgeneration.c...m/index.php?topic=15902.0

some good suggestions there, at the moment i can't think of any other ideas beyond what's mentioned there.
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2016, 04:37:37 PM »

Thanks Jamie!  I must have just overlooked it...

Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2016, 04:42:57 PM »

Also, I thought someone had made some cartridge sleeves at some point. Was this a dream?

techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2016, 05:00:16 PM »

Also, I thought someone had made some cartridge sleeves at some point. Was this a dream?

i remember that too but not where it came up...i'm fairly sure it was just the idea of using trading card sleeves though.
retrosportsgamer
Memorex VIS

WWW Stats
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2016, 11:11:52 PM »

This is like RFGen inception but the link to Noise's article in the thread linked above is a neat idea (golf ball display) except how do you not knock a whole bunch over when you try picking through them? They're like dominos in that scenario.

I don't have a good solution here fwiw, mine sit balanced against some GBA boxed games and stacked one in front of the other.

Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2016, 11:15:45 PM »

i remember that too but not where it came up...i'm fairly sure it was just the idea of using trading card sleeves though.

OatBob, one of our members, made sleeves for his VMUs for Dreamcast that could be used, and I've seen it multiple times over the years as custom works from DigitPress and NintendoAge. I know someone was selling them at one point, but I've not kept up with the Game Boy sleeves.

GrayGhost81
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2016, 07:58:52 PM »

I keep mine in a zip-lock bag.

Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2016, 10:59:31 PM »

IMO card sleeves are best option.

99% sure someone on here used that option and tossed a bit of tape over the opening JUST in case.

But i know when i was a kid once you got more than a few cards stuck into a single pocket they tended to not move anywhere.

Oops forgot this link
http://www.spritevibe.com...play-game-boy-cartridges/

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2016, 11:26:02 PM »

Only thing about the binders is that the loops on those plastic pages break pretty easily when they get weighty and used.

Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2016, 11:45:43 PM »

I never ran into an issue with these ones:
http://www.amazon.com/Ult...Ultra+Pro+Platinum+series

Granted i was toting around a few hundred cards per binder not a few hundred carts...

Binder size also makes a difference too. The rings will throw off how they rest inside the binder if it is too large or small. Nothing worse than finding something damaged because it got trapped under the ring :'(

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length