RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 04:54:05 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Track your collection from the Magnavox Odyssey to Super Mario Odyssey!

RF Generation Message Board | Collecting | Collection Connection | Spike in Value on Ocarina of Time 3D?? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Spike in Value on Ocarina of Time 3D??  (Read 2039 times)
monkees19
Donor
United States
Awards: 2015 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats

Champion of

« on: April 08, 2015, 11:43:45 PM »

Have anyone noticed the sudden spike in value of Ocarina of Time on 3DS? I was doing a search on Amazon and it popped up at $82, and I thought, well, it's Amazon, they can do whatever they want. But a quick search of eBay and Gamestop show it selling, sometimes cart only, at around $55-$60! No major big box retailers have it in stock online that I could see.

What the heck? I mean, I have it already but if I could find extras on the cheap, why not flip em for a few extra bucks? This is just my curiousity being aroused, don't mind me.

Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2015, 12:10:33 AM »

It's likely due to the revelation that a new 3D Zelda for Wii U won't be coming this year.

On March 27, 2015, Aonuma confirmed in a video that the game would be delayed, stating that "... our priority is to make it the ultimate and most complete Zelda game," with the team no longer targeting a 2015 release window.

tactical_nuke
DB Reviewer
United States

Stats
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2015, 01:26:57 AM »

I believe it recently halted printing. Same with Star Fox 64 3D. They're probably still relatively easy to find in the wild for cheap. At least for now.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2015, 01:29:34 AM by Flee » Logged
Addicted
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2015, 06:37:07 AM »

Reference material:

http://www.neogaf.com/for...m/showthread.php?t=971903

Stephen Kick: “The thing about classic games was that they were the first for an entire generation. Successive works are going to be important to individuals and even to groups, but never to a whole generation in the same way.”
GrayGhost81
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2015, 08:14:31 AM »

Kid Icarus, Star Fox 64 and one other one I can't remember right now are out of print as well.

monkees19
Donor
United States
Awards: 2015 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2015, 09:17:47 AM »

That makes perfect sense. Did not think about that. Thanks!

tactical_nuke
DB Reviewer
United States

Stats
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2015, 03:25:34 AM »

Kid Icarus
Aw dang. Shouldn't have waited so long. 3DS games are incredible at keeping their value or raising it.
techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2015, 03:15:56 PM »

Kid Icarus
Aw dang. Shouldn't have waited so long. 3DS games are incredible at keeping their value or raising it.

i think it's just typical of nintendo games in general, especially first party or very popular ones.

thanks for the warning about Star Fox 64 3D, that's one i meant to get near launch so i'm regretting the wait now. hopefully i come across one for cheap.
Disposed Hero
Blog Editor
United States
Awards: 2013 RFGeneration KING OF RAGE

Stats
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2015, 04:09:39 PM »

I just checked on ebay, and I can't believe how much the value of Star Fox 64 3D has risen.  I got it dirt cheap just a year or two ago.

Boshamp
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2015, 10:16:22 PM »

Kid Icarus, MGS3:3D OoT3D, Star Fox 3D...I wish I had grabbed these a few years ago even though I didn't have a 3DS at the time...it amazes me that these are no longer in production. I don't remember many games going out of prodo so fast on any earlier systems, especially first party ones...

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length