RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 08:52:55 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where the PSP Go matters more than HBO Go.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | Batman Arkham Knight: Batmobile Edition Cancelled 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Batman Arkham Knight: Batmobile Edition Cancelled  (Read 1685 times)
Addicted
Blog Writer

Stats
« on: June 17, 2015, 02:57:52 PM »

So the Batmobile edition has been cancelled across all retailers. I wonder how bad the quality of the statue was?

http://www.purexbox.com/n...tmobile_edition_cancelled

Stephen Kick: “The thing about classic games was that they were the first for an entire generation. Successive works are going to be important to individuals and even to groups, but never to a whole generation in the same way.”
slackur
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2015, 06:56:45 PM »

I am disappoint.

Seriously, I was really looking forward to both the game and the Batmobile. Ah well.

Keelah se'lai
Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2015, 07:54:00 PM »

Yeah, it seems that they may have misjudged the target audience on that one...
[img width=615 height=461]http://www.bromygod.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/batmobile_fails_010_10082013.jpeg[/img]

slackur
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2015, 08:50:24 PM »

But it transformed!  Also, that Batmobile would get even more use around our house.  We have a generic red fire-truck one that already does. Smiley

Keelah se'lai
slackur
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2015, 09:44:22 AM »

Head's up, Walmart still has the Batman Statue LE available (sold out everywhere else I know of) if folks are still looking for a replacement. *raises hand*

Keelah se'lai
Arrrhalomynn
Beep beep! Boop boop!
Co-Founder
Netherlands

WWW Stats
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2015, 03:11:10 PM »

I'm a little bit worried about Arkham Knight. I loved Arkham Asylum. Arkham City was great too. Arkham Origins didn't bring anything new to the table though. And in retrospect Asylum and City were quite similar too. Why would Arkham Knight be any different?
Addicted
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2015, 12:54:40 PM »

There is an analysis of the PC versions problems here:

http://steamcommunity.com...ons/0/523890046870624615/

The fundamental problem is actually the sheer volume of texture data in this game, and the game's design decision to "never show loading screens." Slower hard drives such as those found in consoles or many PCs will feed the engine texture data at a reasonably managable rate, but new fangled SSDs can overwhelm the engine with textures and cause hitching and crashing if something's not slowed down.

Stephen Kick: “The thing about classic games was that they were the first for an entire generation. Successive works are going to be important to individuals and even to groups, but never to a whole generation in the same way.”
blcklblskt
Nintendo 64
DB Contributor
United States
Awards: 2017 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2015, 07:35:48 AM »

I'm a little bit worried about Arkham Knight. I loved Arkham Asylum. Arkham City was great too. Arkham Origins didn't bring anything new to the table though. And in retrospect Asylum and City were quite similar too. Why would Arkham Knight be any different?

Knight is more similar to City than Asylum. There's nothing that groundbreaking in the game, aside from the transforming batmobile/tank thing. Overall, if you enjoyed City/Asylum you'll likely enjoy Knight as well. The game looks gorgeous as well.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length