RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 01:42:49 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Check us out on Discord! Link on the front page!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Community Playthroughs (Moderators: techwizard, singlebanana, wildbil52, GrayGhost81, Disposed Hero, MetalFRO) | July Modern Playthrough - Warhammer 40K: Space Marine 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: July Modern Playthrough - Warhammer 40K: Space Marine  (Read 6867 times)
Disposed Hero
RFG Moderator
United States
Awards: 2013 RFGeneration KING OF RAGE

Stats
« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2015, 09:46:31 AM »

I'm at the start of Chapter 16 now, and I gotta say, I'm really enjoying this game.  I was prepared for it to become very tedious and boring, and although this game mostly sticks to the same formula throughout, it hasn't started to feel worn out yet.  The story isn't anything special (one of the most predictable 'plot twists' I've ever encountered in any medium), but maybe I would enjoy it more if I was familiar with the Warhammer universe and backstory.  I like the weapons in the game, and I'm finding that even this late in the game, it keeps introducing new weapons and enemy types to keep the experience somewhat fresh.

I didn't have very high hopes for this game and expected it to be something I'd have to slog through, but I'm coming away very pleasantly surprised by it.

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2015, 11:18:31 AM »

Must......find.........time.......to........finish....................*ugh*

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
Addicted
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2015, 08:19:16 AM »

@GrayGhost81: Thanks for the game! I should start it tomorrow.

Stephen Kick: “The thing about classic games was that they were the first for an entire generation. Successive works are going to be important to individuals and even to groups, but never to a whole generation in the same way.”
Disposed Hero
RFG Moderator
United States
Awards: 2013 RFGeneration KING OF RAGE

Stats
« Reply #18 on: July 16, 2015, 08:44:44 AM »

I was a little closer to the end of the game than I thought.  I just finished it last night.  My impressions are pretty much the same as in my last post, but overall I'll just say it's a good action game that I'm glad to have played.

GrayGhost81
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #19 on: July 16, 2015, 01:34:13 PM »

@GrayGhost81: Thanks for the game! I should start it tomorrow.

Awesome. I hope you like it.

Steven, I'm really glad you enjoyed this one.

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #20 on: July 17, 2015, 10:10:36 PM »

Pushed through and finished tonight! We're recording on Sunday, so any thoughts or reflections on the game are appreciated.

Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
GrayGhost81
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #21 on: July 18, 2015, 10:01:20 AM »

WHAT? I CAN'T HEAR YOU OVER THE ORKS YELLING "SPACE MARINE!!"

Addicted
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #22 on: July 18, 2015, 10:12:40 AM »

I started last night and made it to chapter four. I'm like the fast paced combat, and it's a refreshing change after having just marathoned through Batman Arkham Knight. Is there a count for how many times the Orcs say Space Marine!?

Stephen Kick: “The thing about classic games was that they were the first for an entire generation. Successive works are going to be important to individuals and even to groups, but never to a whole generation in the same way.”
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #23 on: July 18, 2015, 02:05:57 PM »

I started last night and made it to chapter four. I'm like the fast paced combat, and it's a refreshing change after having just marathoned through Batman Arkham Knight. Is there a count for how many times the Orcs say Space Marine!?

Yeah, not enough. You know you're suppose to be taking shots every time they say it right?

Addicted
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #24 on: July 18, 2015, 02:23:42 PM »

@singlebanana: I knew I was missing something. Thanks!

Made it to chapter 15.  I still have no idea about the story but it's always fun to kill some orcs.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2015, 07:04:44 AM by Addicted » Logged

Addicted
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #25 on: July 21, 2015, 09:51:07 PM »

Just finished the game. I really liked it but two things really frustrated me:

1. I was constantly getting stuck on small pieces of geometry. I small metal bar would block my path. I realize that it is just a video game but it breaks the immersion that you are a giant space marine.

2. The AI would constantly sit there shooting at me instead of the enemy or run endlessly behind me. At first it was funny, but then it became annoying.

The ending sets up the game for a sequel and I hope that one day there will be one.

Thanks again to GrayGhost81 for sending me a copy for the PS3.

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #26 on: July 22, 2015, 07:56:38 AM »

Glad you played it Addicted!  I think there are a few frustrating parts of this game, which we discuss in the podcast, but overall it was a fun game. I enjoyed the story, even though I don't know much about the Warhammer 40K universe and I do think it set up well for a sequel. Too bad we won't be getting one.....

Addicted
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #27 on: July 22, 2015, 06:22:43 PM »

@singlebanana: Thanks! It is always fun to join the Playthroughs.  I'll listen to the podcast soon.

Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length