RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 08:19:16 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where we're rolling around at the speed of sound.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Community Playthroughs (Moderators: techwizard, singlebanana, wildbil52, GrayGhost81, Disposed Hero, MetalFRO) | Little Nemo: The Dream Master - Retro Playthrough - August 2015 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9 Print
Author Topic: Little Nemo: The Dream Master - Retro Playthrough - August 2015  (Read 31770 times)
russlyman
Blog Writer
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #45 on: August 05, 2015, 09:50:05 AM »

got a little farther last night. I got stuck in topsy turvey i think its called. I kept dying because of the damn mouse and that bad hit detection with the hammer. The jack skeleton head things kept falling from the sky while I was trying to smash some blocks and got killed.

Also that code worked out great, glad someone brought that up. Kinda wish it showed what level you were selecting rather than counting the beeps but hey beggars can't be choosers

Now your playing with power!
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #46 on: August 05, 2015, 10:00:49 AM »

Yeah, I remember that part with the mouse in Topsy Turvey.  It took me several tries to get past the flying turtles who spit out the shells.  You can't jump them, so you just have to keep hammering. The keys in this level are spread out all over the place, which makes for a rather difficult strategy in terms of what order to grab them in with the least amount of backtracking.

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
Schlibby
DB Editor
United Kingdom

Stats
« Reply #47 on: August 05, 2015, 10:09:08 AM »

Yeah, I remember that part with the mouse in Topsy Turvey.  It took me several tries to get past the flying turtles who spit out the shells.  You can't jump them, so you just have to keep hammering. The keys in this level are spread out all over the place, which makes for a rather difficult strategy in terms of what order to grab them in with the least amount of backtracking.

Thats the level before with the turtles. And yes, that bit is very hard and frustrating. Topsy turvy has the bit where you climb up a wall with the mouse while those annoying dandelion seeds fall on you. Then you have to hammer through a wall at the top
Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #48 on: August 06, 2015, 02:22:24 PM »

Gave Little Nemo a try today. I have to admit it's a tough game but I'm learning it tricks and having fun with it.

"Another exciting Canadian"

Like RPGs and Indie Games? Check out my blog!

Co-host of the RF Gen PlayCast http://rfgenplaycast.podbean.com/
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #49 on: August 06, 2015, 02:46:08 PM »

Gave Little Nemo a try today. I have to admit it's a tough game but I'm learning it tricks and having fun with it.

If you are playing this on a keyboard like you did Golden Axe. I will fly up to Canada and hurt you....

Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #50 on: August 06, 2015, 03:38:30 PM »

If you are playing this on a keyboard like you did Golden Axe. I will fly up to Canada and hurt you....

Are you serious?

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #51 on: August 06, 2015, 03:42:06 PM »

Are you serious?

I'm just giving him a hard time for playing Golden Axe on Steam. We get a good laugh out of it on the podcast.

Schlibby
DB Editor
United Kingdom

Stats
« Reply #52 on: August 07, 2015, 03:12:26 PM »

Finished the game earlier. I cheated a bit though in level 8 and use some saves on my retron 5 (at the start of each stage and the start of each boss) due to getting frustrated with it.

Overall, mixed reactions on this game. It had its good parts but let down by some over the top difficulty in places and bad hit detection.
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #53 on: August 07, 2015, 03:24:31 PM »

Finished the game earlier. I cheated a bit though in level 8 and use some saves on my retron 5 (at the start of each stage and the start of each boss) due to getting frustrated with it.

Overall, mixed reactions on this game. It had its good parts but let down by some over the top difficulty in places and bad hit detection.

I agree. The game is a mixed bag. I like the concept and what it attempts to do, but I'm not convinced that it's completely successful in doing so. Still, compared to many other titles on the NES, it's actually one worth owning.

Gamer4Lyfe
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #54 on: August 07, 2015, 03:25:07 PM »

I loaded this game up a little while back, and only started to have trouble when I got to the train.  It brought me right back to those days of frustration learning exactly the timing of all the planes, and precisely where to jump and when to get the keys and power ups.  I remembered getting the timing down, but I don't actually remember the timing itself which kinda sux :-(

I still love this game though, and hope to frustrate the hell out of my kids someday (when I have some) with it.
Schlibby
DB Editor
United Kingdom

Stats
« Reply #55 on: August 07, 2015, 05:12:09 PM »

Some positive points. I like the multiple animals with their different powers. The non-linearness of some of the levels was good too. Also very nice to see infinite continues and a level select code.
Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #56 on: August 07, 2015, 08:49:56 PM »

Playing with an NES pad this time.

For the record, ASD for Golden Axe wasn't so bad. The arrow keys for movement was TERRIBLE!

russlyman
Blog Writer
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #57 on: August 08, 2015, 12:57:36 PM »

Bada boom
[img width=700 height=933]http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/08/08/985f64798b97c027f1929790f6b1379f.jpg[/img]
[img width=700 height=525]http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/08/08/1e979a955afa139256da68f2c35f258e.jpg[/img]
Finished it this morning

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

russlyman
Blog Writer
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #58 on: August 08, 2015, 12:58:58 PM »

It was def super hard at certain times. I finished on my modded wii so save states helped towards the end. I want to try again on my NES. I was having trouble with the sound last time I tried though. I didn't want to play with no sound ha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #59 on: August 08, 2015, 09:47:31 PM »

The art in this game is so good. I'm still slogging through this one and enjoying every minute of it.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length