RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 07:08:04 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.

RF Generation Message Board | Collecting | Trophies From the Hunt | The Small Scores Thread: Part 4! 0 Members and 4 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 273 274 [275] 276 277 ... 302 Print
Author Topic: The Small Scores Thread: Part 4!  (Read 1311180 times)
Bear78
DB Contributor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #4110 on: February 15, 2021, 11:40:02 AM »

Pardon the pun, but...that's a rare bird!

Yeah, Joe (the developer) sold his remaining stock on his M7 Games website last week for $30 each and I was able to grab one.  Had him sign it too!

shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #4111 on: February 19, 2021, 09:40:00 PM »

Got these from Gamestop's buy 3 get 2 free sale:

Got these from a trade:

Got Wally from Ebay and thanks Mr. Stubbes for the Castelian manual:

And check out what AVE wants you to do with your NES and they will pay you for it, this was in back of the Wally manual:

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
Bear78
DB Contributor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #4112 on: February 22, 2021, 09:37:28 AM »

And check out what AVE wants you to do with your NES and they will pay you for it, this was in back of the Wally manual:

Man that's crazy!  I don't think I've ever heard or seen that before.

cverz2
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #4113 on: February 22, 2021, 11:20:40 AM »

Wow.  Unbelievable that they were doing that. Never heard of this before

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Bear78
DB Contributor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #4114 on: March 08, 2021, 03:45:21 PM »

Did a little game hunting this weekend.  I was able to save some more original Sega Genesis artwork from the same store I got my big haul from last year.  Also picked up Ecco Jr. there.  Finally found the Optimus Prime I've been looking for at a Target. 

And finally, I usually don't dig though loose DS games as I just have something against buying them without the case but I'm trying to be more open to the idea of it. Decided to dig though them at a store over the weekend and found some good deals, especially on A Witch's Tale.

Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #4115 on: March 09, 2021, 01:46:47 AM »

Hey now...

Here's another bi-monthly game pick-up to let y'all know I'm not exclusively focused on TransFormers:

Almost exclusively... but not quite.

Hey, speaking of TransFormers:

Did a little game hunting this weekend.  I was able to save some more original Sega Genesis artwork from the same store I got my big haul from last year.  Also picked up Ecco Jr. there.  Finally found the Optimus Prime I've been looking for at a Target. 

What, you couldn't show that off in the Small Toy Scores thread? Am I the only one who even cares about that freakin' place anymore?!   Angry

On another note: Ooh, Crossfire! I have the original Japanese Mega Drive version of that, AKA Super Airwolf!

Sadly, Sega didn't bother to carry the Airwolf license over to the western shores, so they made it more generic, which also made it a little more lame.  Sad  Ah well...

...'Late
Bear78
DB Contributor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #4116 on: March 09, 2021, 10:07:10 AM »

What, you couldn't show that off in the Small Toy Scores thread? Am I the only one who even cares about that freakin' place anymore?!   Angry

Ha!  I just haven't had any real toy pick ups lately with all the flea markets / toy shows being shut down Sad

Mr_Stubbes
Sega Genesis
United States

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #4117 on: March 14, 2021, 05:01:49 PM »

More PS1 pickups from over the past few weeks.

shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #4118 on: March 14, 2021, 08:54:25 PM »

More PS1 pickups from over the past few weeks.

Holy longboxes!

SMS set complete!
Bear78
DB Contributor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #4119 on: March 15, 2021, 08:24:04 AM »

Scored some more Pico games from a local game store and found a few other things from another one.

Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #4120 on: March 15, 2021, 11:22:07 AM »

So many great Longboxes up there!! Also I can't remember the last time someone posted Pico games!

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

300+ NES games beaten since October 2011

Co-Host of the Rfgeneration Collectorcast:
http://rfgenerationcollectorcast.podomatic.com/
Fokakis79
Donor

Stats
« Reply #4121 on: March 15, 2021, 09:23:31 PM »

Awesome Longboxes. I remember the first game I played on PS1 was Jumping Flash. I remember my mom letting me rent a PS1 system and a game, I chose Jumping Flash. Fun game. Awesome lot of games.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2021, 09:36:17 PM by Fokakis79 » Logged

shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #4122 on: March 18, 2021, 02:49:11 PM »

A few pickups.  First from the Limited Run Blind Box:

And from Ebay, only 17 more SMS games to go!:
« Last Edit: March 18, 2021, 03:45:55 PM by shaggy » Logged

SMS set complete!
Mr_Stubbes
Sega Genesis
United States

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #4123 on: March 19, 2021, 10:43:54 AM »

Congrats Shaggy! You're so Close!

nupoile
DB Contributor
United States
Awards: 2014 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #4124 on: March 23, 2021, 02:05:55 PM »

Hi! I've been absent from here for a bit. I've checked in daily but have been so busy the last couple years I don't get much further than just checking in. I see you guys are still posting all sorts of great stuff though! It's been fun going back and looking at all the pictures I've missed.

Since I haven't posted in a long time there's probably all sorts of stuff I've gotten but haven't shown off. Maybe not as much as in previous years because of being so busy. I was pretty much working at least 12 hours a day six days a week for two years without break....

Anyway, here are a few of those fun things I've picked up:

Remember when Amazon was sending out Mario boxes with some orders as a promotion? I got one from a store I go to! They just had it sitting in the recycling pile and let me have it. This was before some of the tape gets cleaned up and has some Mario stuff put in it.

This was a Kickstarter from a while ago. It took over a year to get this too, but it was worth it. The RetroFighters Dreamcast controller. It was in all sorts of videos and reviews when it was released, neat stuff.

Later on they did a Kickstarter for a N64 controller which I also got.

...and then they did one for a wireless N64 controller, apparently I can't help but buy these things. This Kickstarter had a really quick turnaround compared to the last two. It was like 3 months from start of campaign to receiving the controller. Obviously they already had it manufactured by the time they launched the campaign.

RFG Discord alerted me to this Pringles promotion. I've still fit in some Discord time with being as busy as I was. These are available at Walmarts exclusively I think, though some people haven't seen them at their store yet. I don't actually go to Walmart but my wife orders groceries there online and we've had people pick them up a time or two, because we have been stuck at home for a bit, did I mention I can't say what they taste like? Because I can't taste or smell anything for a little bit....

This is my big score. MiSTer fpga. I know some of you have one, some of you know what it is, and some of you don't know anything about it. This is a hardware emulator of sorts. Unlike software emulation, which is what nearly all other game emulation is, hardware emulation should be pretty much exactly like playing games on actual hardware. I bought it as a pre-assembled kit from https://misteraddons.com/ because at the exact moment I bought it availability was low elsewhere and the price wasn't much different than buying all the parts separately.

Pretty quickly I replaced the fan with one from Noctua. It is so much quieter! I recommend that upgrade all day long. And I bought two SNES-like USB controllers off Amazon for $10. Just something cheap to get me by until I work out some other controller solutions. Otherwise I'm using a PS3 wired controller and a mini wireless keyboard to control it. Eventually it'll have adapters to use actual NES/SNES/Genesis/2600/other 9-pin controllers on it.

The MiSTer has been great so far. I still need to make better use of it's old computer abilities, can't wait to play some Amiga games and other oddball computers from the early days.

Here are some links if you don't know what this is at all:

https://www.retrorgb.com/mister.html

https://github.com/MiSTer-devel/Main_MiSTer/wiki

I realize this isn't quite inline with most of the collecting we do here. And don't worry, I'm not getting rid of anything, and I'm still going to be adding more original games and hardware to my collection. This just seems like a good way to play with old hardware I'll never get my hands on.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2021, 02:42:40 PM by nupoile » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 273 274 [275] 276 277 ... 302 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length