RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 03:17:13 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Community Playthroughs (Moderators: techwizard, singlebanana, wildbil52, GrayGhost81, Disposed Hero, MetalFRO) | Castlevania: Bloodlines - Retro Playthrough - October 2015 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Print
Author Topic: Castlevania: Bloodlines - Retro Playthrough - October 2015  (Read 19044 times)
shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #60 on: October 29, 2015, 12:31:43 PM »

On of my favorite Castlevania games is Catslevania II: Simon's quest.  I loved the talking, town atmosphere.  I know everyone knocked this game but I wish they would make another another like this.

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #61 on: October 29, 2015, 01:21:52 PM »

On of my favorite Castlevania games is Catslevania II: Simon's quest.  I loved the talking, town atmosphere.  I know everyone knocked this game but I wish they would make another another like this.

It's different from the first game, and change always means there are those that will dislike it (see Zelda II).  I remember when it came out and I loved it them, and still love it now.  The problem that most people have with the game is that it's filled with riddles and tough to figure out, even the townspeople are not that helpful.  Still, growing up with it, my friend and I still managed to beat the game without a guide.  Figuring it out is what made it fun. We were kids then, and had all the time in the world to game. We played through it 3 years ago. You should rummage through the playthrough thread: http://www.rfgeneration.c...m/index.php?topic=13030.0

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
russlyman
Blog Writer
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #62 on: October 29, 2015, 04:30:18 PM »

tried to give it another shot today and I'm still stuck on the plant level. Just loose too much health and can't not have enough left to fight the boss

Now your playing with power!
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #63 on: October 29, 2015, 05:04:42 PM »

The swinging plants with the scythes are brutal. Learning to deal with them is key.

Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
russlyman
Blog Writer
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #64 on: October 29, 2015, 08:24:49 PM »

Yeah they are def a pain. I started playing the level before so I can try and save some continues going forward. Getting better slowly. Ha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Now your playing with power!
Disposed Hero
RFG Moderator
United States
Awards: 2013 RFGeneration KING OF RAGE

Stats
« Reply #65 on: October 29, 2015, 08:43:04 PM »

I didn't think I would have time to play so I didn't sign up, but I gave the game a shot last night and beat it: (Normal Difficulty)
Awesome, and with John too!  I personally felt like John was the harder of the two characters to play as.

It's different from the first game, and change always means there are those that will dislike it (see Zelda II).  I remember when it came out and I loved it them, and still love it now.  The problem that most people have with the game is that it's filled with riddles and tough to figure out, even the townspeople are not that helpful.  Still, growing up with it, my friend and I still managed to beat the game without a guide.  Figuring it out is what made it fun. We were kids then, and had all the time in the world to game. We played through it 3 years ago. You should rummage through the playthrough thread: http://www.rfgeneration.c...m/index.php?topic=13030.0
I've always liked Castlevania II as well.  Unfortunately I missed out on the playthrough (before my time on RFGen), but I played through it a few years ago.  I attempted to finish it without using a guide, but about halfway through I got impatient and looked up where to go.

tried to give it another shot today and I'm still stuck on the plant level. Just loose too much health and can't not have enough left to fight the boss
Yeah, Stage 5 is one of the harder levels in the game, but I felt like the boss of that level was one of the easier bosses, so at least they cut you a little slack there.  Keep at it and I'm sure you'll be able to beat it.

Addicted
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #66 on: October 30, 2015, 06:54:42 AM »

Finished the game with Eric last night:

[img width=700 height=525]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v136/cisco678/RF/IMG_3049_zpss27dwjbx.jpg[/img]

[img width=700 height=525]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v136/cisco678/RF/IMG_3055_zpsbq39ymcp.jpg[/img]

Thanks for the community playthrough singlebanana!

@russlyman: Those are probably the hardest enemies in the game. Try baiting them as their attack patterns have long arcs.

Stephen Kick: “The thing about classic games was that they were the first for an entire generation. Successive works are going to be important to individuals and even to groups, but never to a whole generation in the same way.”
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #67 on: October 30, 2015, 07:25:24 AM »

Congrats Addicted!  Thanks for playing good sir. Smiley

Disposed Hero
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #68 on: October 30, 2015, 03:12:59 PM »

I took a shot at beating the game last night as John, but ended up getting a game over on Dracula's third and final form....

I might try it again later.

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #69 on: October 30, 2015, 03:17:51 PM »

I took a shot at beating the game last night as John, but ended up getting a game over on Dracula's third and final form....

I might try it again later.

I see this happening.

Disposed Hero
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #70 on: October 31, 2015, 12:36:32 PM »

Took me a few tries, but I made it happen:

[img width=700 height=525]http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm155/DisposedHero/Community%20Playthrough%20Scores/CAM01663.jpg[/img]

My problem was that I was being way too impatient with Dracula's third form.  Once I slowed it down and settled into a pattern of land a hit, back off and dodge his attack, repeat, things went pretty smoothly.

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #71 on: October 31, 2015, 02:13:20 PM »

Nice work Steven!

Addicted
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #72 on: November 01, 2015, 10:29:19 AM »

@Disposed Hero: Congrats!

Stephen Kick: “The thing about classic games was that they were the first for an entire generation. Successive works are going to be important to individuals and even to groups, but never to a whole generation in the same way.”
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length