RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 09:41:36 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: This land is peaceful, it's inhabitants kind.

RF Generation Message Board | Announcements and Feedback | The Thinktank | Game PCB Images? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Game PCB Images?  (Read 4011 times)
Fragems
Jaguar CD
United States

Stats
« on: October 25, 2015, 02:32:10 PM »

I think it would be a neat addition to the archive if there were a place for game PCB images. I regularly open games up I buy for cleaning before I store or sell them and I always find the boards interesting especially since there are a number of revisions for a lot of games. Although if it were added there would be a lot more variants so maybe we could have something similar to the screenshot image page where multiple images can be posted for a single game.

Example:

Metroid Zero Mission(GBA) AGB-BMXE-USA both of these copies seem to be legit yet they are quite different.

Board (AGB- E11-10)

[img width=700 height=405]http://i.imgur.com/NWVyCnm.jpg[/img]

Board (AGB-E06-20)

[img width=700 height=390]http://i.imgur.com/PReuZdO.jpg[/img]
« Last Edit: October 25, 2015, 02:35:19 PM by Fragems » Logged

Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2015, 10:25:39 PM »

At Retro World Expo we ran into a guy who as asking if we had board revisions tracked on the site or pictures of them.

I see this as only beneficial. I fully support having a field outside of extra media so that we can have images of the various ones.
It could help determine valuable info for people who are way more techie than I.

EDIT
For systems and games.

Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2015, 12:24:10 PM »

We've already used it to identify NES variants in the past, at another website that tracks tech information like chipsets.
We can always track whatever we want in Extra Media, for now, but it wouldn't be too difficult to add in dedicated images like we do with the Screenshots/Hardware.

Schlibby
DB Editor
United Kingdom

Stats
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2015, 05:18:54 PM »

Noooo! Not more things to scan

laugh
techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2015, 02:59:26 PM »

We've already used it to identify NES variants in the past, at another website that tracks tech information like chipsets.
We can always track whatever we want in Extra Media, for now, but it wouldn't be too difficult to add in dedicated images like we do with the Screenshots/Hardware.

dedicated images would be much better, extra media is already pretty cluttered on some entries
Schlibby
DB Editor
United Kingdom

Stats
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2015, 07:04:42 AM »

Extra media needs dividing into stuff in box and related extras (eg strategy guides).
techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2015, 12:02:10 AM »

Extra media needs dividing into stuff in box and related extras (eg strategy guides).

i've always wanted this too, i like to know exactly what came in a box and extra media seems like the place to find that information out, but sometimes it's really not.
Raidou
DB Reviewer
Australia

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2015, 01:41:48 AM »

i've always wanted this too, i like to know exactly what came in a box and extra media seems like the place to find that information out, but sometimes it's really not.

Thirded.
tactical_nuke
DB Reviewer
United States

Stats
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2015, 03:07:49 AM »

Thirded.

"Bundled Media" and "Related Media" would be a nice split up. Bundled for in box stuff / purchase bonuses. Related for ads, guides, mag covers etc.
Raidou
DB Reviewer
Australia

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2015, 07:09:31 PM »

'Inclusive Media' (or 'Box contents') and 'Merchandise' might be better terms - I can see 'bundled' being misinterpreted.
Addicted
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2015, 03:15:49 PM »

Considering that stuff like this is entering the market I'm all for pcb images:

http://www.aliexpress.com...ated-products/604594.html

(Yes I know that the color for the cartridge is off and the security bits are wrong)

Gotta love the disclaimer:

also pls note this game pak is a copy not oringal, stupid buyer don't buy!! thank you!!

Stephen Kick: “The thing about classic games was that they were the first for an entire generation. Successive works are going to be important to individuals and even to groups, but never to a whole generation in the same way.”
techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2015, 11:52:47 PM »

'Inclusive Media' (or 'Box contents') and 'Merchandise' might be better terms - I can see 'bundled' being misinterpreted.

i was thinking the same thing, my vote is for Box Contents as that is the most straight forward way of saying it.
Schlibby
DB Editor
United Kingdom

Stats
« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2015, 05:43:29 AM »

And while this thread is going off on a tangent about fields, can we get one added to hardware for "bundled game". This would be similar to "related game" on the software side, but obviously would link to a game bundled with that console/add-on
Raidou
DB Reviewer
Australia

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2015, 05:25:04 PM »

And while this thread is going off on a tangent about fields, can we get one added to hardware for "bundled game". This would be similar to "related game" on the software side, but obviously would link to a game bundled with that console/add-on

I also want this - the current set up doesn't do bundled games very well.
MetalFRO
Blog Writer
United States
Awards: 2014 RFGen Top Shmuper

WWW Stats
« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2016, 12:28:49 PM »

Considering that stuff like this is entering the market I'm all for pcb images:

http://www.aliexpress.com...ated-products/604594.html

(Yes I know that the color for the cartridge is off and the security bits are wrong)

Gotta love the disclaimer:

also pls note this game pak is a copy not oringal, stupid buyer don't buy!! thank you!!

So those are obviously repro carts - how can you tell the cart color is off?  I'm at the office and don't have a legit SNES cart to compare, but other than the lack of screws (looks like plastic molded placeholders in the pictures), they look pretty legit to me.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length