RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 08:23:05 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where we play the Power Pad with our feet, not our hands, dagnabbit!

RF Generation Message Board | Collecting | Collection Connection | I'm exiting Game Boy Collecting 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: I'm exiting Game Boy Collecting  (Read 2384 times)
SirConnery
Donor

Stats
« on: October 29, 2015, 06:18:14 PM »

I'm still working on last minute organization, but I'm leaving Game Boy collecting. I plan on selling my collection. I have all titles for the North American release set minus about 10. I also have a currently undetermined amount of Import titles (under 50). Many are complete in retail box, others are bagged individually in jewelers bags with either cartridge in clamshell or cartridge in clamshell + manual. I have complete boxed original Nintendo Game Boy systems as well.

I thought about trying to sell the collection all at once but I'd have to find some form of escrow service to handle volume such as this and still protect myself as a seller. Instead I will be posting this message on a number of gaming communities to see if collectors want to make some pre-sale purchases to fullfill their lists. After that, the rest will be going to sites such as eBay, Amazon Marketplace, CAG Marketplace, VGPC Marketplace, Community Forums, Game Gavel, etc.

What I'm keeping are most of my systems, oddities (multis, fakes, hacks) and a few select Game Boy Color titles. What's going up for sale is over 500 Game Boy Original titles, related materials, complete DMG systems.

I'm posting here to see if anyone has any titles they're seeking or have a wishlist they want to fullfill. Pricing is based on market of course, but I'm trying to be as fair as possible. I'm also working on nailing down a standardized pricing set for non-rare/less popular titles. A lot of great games were made for this system, but there's also a ton that weren't as mainstream and thus their values aren't as high as the others.

In the meantime I'm open to checking your wishlists or specific title wants. :-)

http://www.rfgeneration.c...cas&folder=Collection
« Last Edit: October 29, 2015, 06:21:34 PM by ryanflucas » Logged

~SirConnery
russlyman
Blog Writer
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2015, 07:57:36 PM »

I would def be interested. I needed the 3rd turtles game 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Now your playing with power!
SirConnery
Donor

Stats
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2015, 11:07:39 PM »

Sent you a message. Smiley

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

~SirConnery
ReddMcKnight
Ace Jago Player
Donor

Stats
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2015, 03:57:30 AM »

Hi. Would you be interested in parting with Killer Instinct and Harvest Moon GB? If yes, what would you sell them for together?

[img width=300 height=70]https://image.ibb.co/fSULkF/Signature_zpsfvzatdip.png[/img]
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2015, 09:40:32 AM »

ryan, sorry to hear you're getting out. I'd suggest sending MetalFRO and waynepe a PM, as they're our resident Game Boy collectors. I know wayne was still looking for Spirtual Warfare, Spuds Adventure and Toxic Crusaders to finish his set last I heard.

MetalFRO
Blog Writer
United States
Awards: 2014 RFGen Top Shmuper

WWW Stats
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2015, 02:37:00 PM »

^^ Thanks Shadow - Ryan gave me a heads up already, and I'm going to have to have to look through my short-list of more rare titles to see if there are a handful I could procure, to help keep my collection going.  I'm sure I'll find a few gems in there I'll want to pony up some cash for  Grin

Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2015, 06:08:40 PM »

You may want to contact Jeremy Parish who runs http://www.gameboyworld.com/ and is doing a series on the games.

MetalFRO
Blog Writer
United States
Awards: 2014 RFGen Top Shmuper

WWW Stats
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2015, 09:31:51 AM »

You may want to contact Jeremy Parish who runs http://www.gameboyworld.com/ and is doing a series on the games.

And I hesitate to say this, because of course, I want them all for myself (LOL), but especially as it concerns CIB games.  He does full pictures and scans of the boxes, carts, etc. for his write-ups.  My stuff is quite a bit more casual, so while I would love to own more CIB GB games, he would definitely benefit (and his site would as well) from such a thing.

I will say this up front - I'm very interested in a CIB DMG (especially an early model with the black/wireframe design), as well as your copies of both Bonk games, and basically all the shmups (only the manual for Nemesis, though, since I already have a copy).  And Mega Man IV Grin
« Last Edit: November 04, 2015, 09:36:18 AM by MetalFRO » Logged

SirConnery
Donor

Stats
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2015, 02:17:16 AM »

I re-verified my list and have it here: http://nintendoage.com/in...ction.View&clId=59727

I have two complete in retail box GB systems (Box, foam tray, foam cover, system, system manual, tetris, tetris manual, link cable, earbuds). The systems are plain original units, and not in the best condition. The contents of each box however look new (with exception to a tiny piece or foam torn on one foam cover). The previous owner had her kids play the systems while she boxed up the original items. Pair it with a like new system and people will think you bought it yesterday. Those are not listed but I can take photos. $50 a piece.

~SirConnery
bickman2k
Director
United States
Awards: 2017 RF Generation Punch-Out Heavyweight Champion!

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2015, 10:11:12 AM »

If this is going to become a sale thread rather than just an announcement, please let me know so we can move it to the proper subforum.

[img width=468 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/images/banners/generated/collection/bickman2k.png[/img]
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length