RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 11:38:58 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: It's not the size of the collection, it's how you store it!

RF Generation Message Board | Collecting | Collection Connection | Ebay Selling Issue: Buyer trying to possibly scam me 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Ebay Selling Issue: Buyer trying to possibly scam me  (Read 2857 times)
ferris182
N-Gage

Stats
« on: January 16, 2016, 01:11:07 PM »

I've been selling on eBay for 12 years w/ 100% feedback and have an experienced buyer trying to return 3 NES games ($150 total) to me even though I cleaned and tested them before shipment.  He said that all 3 games didn't work.   Which is a lie.

I asked him to clean his console and possibly clean the games again and try them to work.  But he keeps coming back saying the games don't work.

I am worried that he's going to return back to me different games that I shipped to him that don't work or he's going to swap out the boards of the games and replace it with broken boards.

I really want to tell him that I won't accept the return.   At this point I don't care about the first negative feedback rating, I just don't want junk games returned to me that don't work and then be out $150.

I know that Ebay will be on his side since they don't care about the sellers.

What should I do?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

NHL 94 for Life!
Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2016, 01:31:05 PM »

Dispute.
If you have a better record on your side and have a history of selling more expensive items without issue they might side with you.

If you have been selling on eBay here and there for 12 years with a couple hundred or fewer transactions as a seller and most/all were for cheaper items you have an uphill battle.

Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2016, 04:15:04 PM »

In your original listing, did you offer returns?

Schlibby
DB Editor
United Kingdom

Stats
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2016, 04:22:35 PM »

Does his console region and the games regions match up?
ferris182
N-Gage

Stats
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2016, 04:58:23 PM »

In your original listing, did you offer returns?

Yes.  All of my listings have a default "return" option.  However, I don't feel this is necessary because I know the games work.

NHL 94 for Life!
SirPsycho
Naked Koei Dude
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2016, 06:12:05 PM »

I don't accept returns for the same reason. All the games I sell work.

Women were the reason I became a monk - and, ah, the reason I switched back... - Morte

Well I, for one, plan on discovering the secrets of the multiverse by rubbing cottage cheese on my belly and eating vast quantities of fresh-water fish. Mmm... cheese. -The Nameless One
ferris182
N-Gage

Stats
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2016, 07:04:54 PM »

Buyer just left me negative feedback, my first one as a seller.   (I have bought and sold over 4000 items)

We will see if he also contacts ebay.

I hate dishonest people!

NHL 94 for Life!
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2016, 07:21:19 PM »

Does his console region and the games regions match up?

^ This. Or, you can check his feedback to see if he has anything against him as well to use in the dispute. If he has small or negative feedback, eBay would be more likely to side with you.

Kam1Kaz3 NL77
DB Contributor
Netherlands

Stats
Re:
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2016, 01:31:48 AM »

Did you post photos of the games in question in working order?

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G900F met Tapatalk
ferris182
N-Gage

Stats
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2016, 12:38:56 PM »

Hey guys,

Just wanted to give an update regarding the resolution.

I replied back to the buyer and told him that I won't accept a return since I know that all games were tested and worked before shipment.  I was worried that if I allowed a return, he would send me back different games that didn't work and I would have a hard time proving that the games he returned were not the games I sent.  I even said that I will reject the package and mark as "return to sender" if he tries to send anything back.

The buyer then left me negative feedback.

I then called ebay and explained my situation and indicated that the buyer misused the feedback system by stating that the games were not as described.  To my happiness, ebay agreed with me and removed the feedback!

Its worth noting that the buyer's ebay name is:  Nintendosforsale

I did a google search and they are a game re-selling company based in Kentucky that has a lot of negative comments/reviews for scamming their customers!  I definitely suggest to avoid buying from this site!

Thanks for all of your replies!

NHL 94 for Life!
shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2016, 01:22:52 PM »

Hey guys,

I replied back to the buyer and told him that I won't accept a return since I know that all games were tested and worked before shipment.  I was worried that if I allowed a return, he would send me back different games that didn't work and I would have a hard time proving that the games he returned were not the games I sent.  I even said that I will reject the package and mark as "return to sender" if he tries to send anything back.

I then called ebay and explained my situation and indicated that the buyer misused the feedback system by stating that the games were not as described.  To my happiness, ebay agreed with me and removed the feedback!

I did a google search and they are a game re-selling company based in Kentucky that has a lot of negative comments/reviews for scamming their customers!  I definitely suggest to avoid buying from this site!

I wish you could create a block list on Ebay to prevent certain users from bidding on your items. Sad  I'm glad things worked out for you, though.  Hooray!

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
ferris182
N-Gage

Stats
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2016, 04:08:32 PM »

Hey guys,

I wish you could create a block list on Ebay to prevent certain users from bidding on your items. Sad  I'm glad things worked out for you, though.  Hooray!

You can create a blocked list by adding the members name to a list.  This is more of a reactive solution.  You can also block bidders with less than 0 feedback, have a bunch of non-paid item strikes, etc.

NHL 94 for Life!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length