RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 08:38:42 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Community Playthroughs (Moderators: techwizard, singlebanana, wildbil52, GrayGhost81, Disposed Hero, MetalFRO) | March Community Playthrough - Life is Strange 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 Print
Author Topic: March Community Playthrough - Life is Strange  (Read 50363 times)
MaterialHandlerMike
Atari Lynx
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #135 on: March 25, 2016, 03:48:19 PM »

Wait until you get to Chapter 5 Crabby. Basically a zero control nose dive to the end.

I couldn't wait to play when I first started and now I've been procrastinating to start the final chapter. I'll still finish, but I'm losing my drive to play quickly.

Now you know why I had to put this one down, and pick up Diablo III instead, last month.

Complete NA NES collection (minus Stadium Events)
MaterialHandlerMike
Atari Lynx
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #136 on: March 27, 2016, 04:58:16 PM »

So I got Episode 4 finished a couple nights ago, and started Episode 5 last night. I will just say, that Episode 5, has been the most interesting, and compelling, IMO.

Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #137 on: March 27, 2016, 07:09:28 PM »

So I got Episode 4 finished a couple nights ago, and started Episode 5 last night. I will just say, that Episode 5, has been the most interesting, and compelling, IMO.

It's pretty good. Tense atmosphere throughout the whole episode. I'm happy you've decided to back and finish the game.

"Another exciting Canadian"

Like RPGs and Indie Games? Check out my blog!

Co-host of the RF Gen PlayCast http://rfgenplaycast.podbean.com/
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #138 on: March 28, 2016, 07:17:54 AM »

Interesting in terms of having an avant garde aesthetic, yeah, I'll give you that. Interesting in terms of gameplay, nah.  I felt that the last chapter was super linear, boring, and made up of a bunch of hoop jumping.  Annoying stealth rewind and redundant rehashing of the story anyone? 

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
Untrod Tripod
N-Gage

Stats
« Reply #139 on: March 28, 2016, 08:39:29 AM »

Artistically speaking, I really enjoyed the final section. The change in gameplay, however, was jarring and not fun for me.

Co-host of the podcast Drunk Dice.
Pam
Blog Writer

WWW Stats
« Reply #140 on: March 28, 2016, 08:39:38 AM »

I really liked chapter 5, but that bit that combines stealth and item hunting? The worst!
Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #141 on: March 28, 2016, 10:10:57 AM »

Interesting in terms of having an avant garde aesthetic, yeah, I'll give you that. Interesting in terms of gameplay, nah.  I felt that the last chapter was super linear, boring, and made up of a bunch of hoop jumping.  Annoying stealth rewind and redundant rehashing of the story anyone? 

The part where you go into Max's subconscious was very cool and well done.

I really liked chapter 5, but that bit that combines stealth and item hunting? The worst!

You actually didn't have to do the item hunt there. That was thrown in by Dontnod because they knew how much players hated the bottle search so they added the part where Max says "This must be hell" when you come across a bottle.

I only found one bottle and after hearing that line I knew I could just head straight for the exit.

"Another exciting Canadian"

Like RPGs and Indie Games? Check out my blog!

Co-host of the RF Gen PlayCast http://rfgenplaycast.podbean.com/
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #142 on: March 28, 2016, 10:22:01 AM »

Yeah, I didn't do the bottle searching. It felt like something that was tacked on and no way was I going through the aggravation of continual rewind and stealth.  That's just my point, why put it there. Oh, because achievements....

Agree to disagree. I just thought the subconscious part was lame, forced, and too long. I liked the dorm hallway puzzle, but that's about it. The stealth was silly considering there was very little in the rest of the game, and the rewind mechanism made it pretty pointless.  Get caught, rewind a little, get caught again, rewind a little, rinse & repeat 30 times.  Walking through all of the memories felt like a final episode of Survivor (Duke knows what I'm talking about Wink )where they walk around, look at all the names of the players voted out, and reminisce.  It feels like filler on the show, and it felt the same way here.  There was very little gameplay other than the bunker (do it until you get it exactly right scene) and the storm portion. The rest of it felt like a walkthrough of things I had already encountered or as I said before, tacky stealth hoops.  Worst chapter of the game IMO.

Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
MaterialHandlerMike
Atari Lynx
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #143 on: March 28, 2016, 11:09:24 AM »

Finished last night. Seems like I went the other way, that most players did, with that final decision. Also, was in such a hurry to just get the game over with,
Spoiler (hover to show)

Pam
Blog Writer

WWW Stats
« Reply #144 on: March 28, 2016, 11:46:43 AM »

Ah, I didn't realize he bottles were optional. Though I was going for all the optional pics anyway, since I love achievements.

Can we talk about the end now?
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #145 on: March 28, 2016, 12:17:31 PM »

Afraid we have to wait until the month is over to discuss in the open. However, if you want to drop your thoughts about the end in spoiler tags, that would be fine. Responses would need to be tagged at this time as well. Thanks

MaterialHandlerMike
Atari Lynx
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #146 on: March 28, 2016, 12:25:22 PM »

Ah, I didn't realize he bottles were optional. Though I was going for all the optional pics anyway, since I love achievements.

Curious, who all was OCD enough to 100% this game, for trophies/achievements?

Disposed Hero
RFG Moderator
United States
Awards: 2013 RFGeneration KING OF RAGE

Stats
« Reply #147 on: March 28, 2016, 06:50:40 PM »

Curious, who all was OCD enough to 100% this game, for trophies/achievements?

*raises hand*

I agree with the overall sentiment on Episode 5.  There are some interesting things going on, but overall the game got a little too bizarre for me.  Also didn't like the shoehorned stealth segment. 

Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #148 on: March 30, 2016, 08:32:59 AM »

Halfway done Episode 5 yesterday. Gonna be tight, but I'll try and finish up this month!

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

300+ NES games beaten since October 2011

Co-Host of the Rfgeneration Collectorcast:
http://rfgenerationcollectorcast.podomatic.com/
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #149 on: March 30, 2016, 09:47:27 AM »

Halfway done Episode 5 yesterday. Gonna be tight, but I'll try and finish up this month!

Finish or suffer the consequences!!

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length