RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 18, 2024, 11:31:05 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: We really love that Sega Dreamcast fishing controller and Sega Bass Fishing.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Community Playthroughs (Moderators: techwizard, singlebanana, wildbil52, GrayGhost81, Disposed Hero, MetalFRO) | April 2017 Playthrough - Child of Light 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print
Author Topic: April 2017 Playthrough - Child of Light  (Read 15287 times)
Disposed Hero
RFG Moderator
United States
Awards: 2013 RFGeneration KING OF RAGE

Stats
« Reply #30 on: April 14, 2017, 12:04:35 PM »

I just finished Child of Light last night.  I'm not sure what happened, but this game really fell out of favor with me towards the end.  I think the problem for me was that the game really sticks to the same formula throughout, and I just got tired of it around the halfway point.  My play style probably factors in to this, as even the normal non-boss battles in the game tend to be longer than in other games, and I always felt like I had to fight every battle so I wouldn't become underleveled.  Although, I eventually dialed the difficulty back to Normal and started skipping text because I was ready to be done with it.  I don't want to sound overly negative about the game though since I feel like I enjoyed it overall and would probably recommend it if someone asked me about it.

Also, I noticed in the trophy list that there was a trophy for recruiting a character named Tristis.  I guess I just missed out on this character?

Check out my YouTube Channel for VGM covers! https://www.youtube.com/disposedherovgm

Check out my Twitch Channel! https://www.twitch.tv/disposed_hero

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #31 on: April 14, 2017, 12:20:21 PM »

Yes, you must have missed that character as he is a little off the beaten path in the level where you fly upwards. Golem is the only usable character not in the original game and only available via DLC.

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
Disposed Hero
RFG Moderator
United States
Awards: 2013 RFGeneration KING OF RAGE

Stats
« Reply #32 on: April 14, 2017, 01:16:21 PM »

Ah, ok.  I was trying to be pretty thorough when exploring all the areas, but I guess I wasn't as thorough as I thought.

Check out my YouTube Channel for VGM covers! https://www.youtube.com/disposedherovgm

Check out my Twitch Channel! https://www.twitch.tv/disposed_hero

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #33 on: April 14, 2017, 01:46:41 PM »

I think that when moving vertical, it's a bit easier to miss areas.

Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
Raidou
DB Reviewer
Australia

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #34 on: April 15, 2017, 08:40:44 AM »

Speaking of trophies - this is the only game I have played where ALL of the trophies were bronze, except for 1 silver for beating the game.  No Platinum Sad
Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #35 on: April 15, 2017, 11:23:28 AM »

Just finished the Diablo podcast. Felt quite terrible several times as you guys gushed about how great/excited you were for Child of Light. I feel like I should like this more than I did! I'm so sorry.......

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

300+ NES games beaten since October 2011

Co-Host of the Rfgeneration Collectorcast:
http://rfgenerationcollectorcast.podomatic.com/
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #36 on: April 15, 2017, 11:48:46 AM »

Just finished the Diablo podcast. Felt quite terrible several times as you guys gushed about how great/excited you were for Child of Light. I feel like I should like this more than I did! I'm so sorry.......

No need to apologize. We like what we like. You put down some valid points about this game and it's surely not without fault.

Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #37 on: April 15, 2017, 11:52:44 AM »

No need to apologize. We like what we like. You put down some valid points about this game and it's surely not without fault.

I didn't realize how much praise this game got from media until hearing from you guys too. I wanna look into what else was released around the same period to see if that had an effect on how much love gets tossed onto this game.

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

300+ NES games beaten since October 2011

Co-Host of the Rfgeneration Collectorcast:
http://rfgenerationcollectorcast.podomatic.com/
douglie007
Sega Dreamcast
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #38 on: April 21, 2017, 02:26:00 PM »

No Trophies for me, I have been playing on the Wii U and I thought that Tristis was the brother of the other clown.  I found him, he was hidden in the area right after the giant took you to the top of the mountain.  I have no extra DLC.

douglie007
Sega Dreamcast
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #39 on: April 23, 2017, 07:35:14 AM »

I finished the Game... the last battle sucked, it didnt give you time to change crystals after the battle before. 

BuriedOnMars
N-Gage

WWW Stats
« Reply #40 on: April 24, 2017, 08:06:25 AM »

Sorry I haven't interacted more about this game here.  Very busy month so far...

I just wanted to thank Rich and Shawn for having me on the show!  It was a blast and I hope you all enjoy listening to it.  A lot of the earlier comments in this thread were discussed on the show so I'll save repeating myself here.

Just curious if people did play this on the "expert" or "casual" setting.  I think the wording of those setting are misleading.  I played on expert and the game felt right for someone like myself who has played a few JRPGs.  It felt like the normal setting to me.

I finished the Game... the last battle sucked, it didnt give you time to change crystals after the battle before. 

We talked a bit about how the game at times doesn't give you a chance to prep before a boss fight.  If you die during the final boss (like I did) it spawns you right between the two.  So you have a chance to prep then and I was able to swapped all of my water oculi to light ones.  I agree with you though, it wasn't the best design.

Check out my youtube channel - https://www.youtube.com/buriedonmars
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #41 on: April 24, 2017, 10:26:28 AM »

Enjoyed having you on the show Kevin!  I hope that all of our participants will give it a listen in May.

douglie007
Sega Dreamcast
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #42 on: April 27, 2017, 11:37:21 AM »

Over all I liked this game, I don't know if i am going to find all the missed treasure.  Does it open up anything extra?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

GrayGhost81
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #43 on: April 27, 2017, 11:42:36 AM »

Over all I liked this game, I don't know if i am going to find all the missed treasure.  Does it open up anything extra?

I don't think so, though there's probably a trophy for it.

douglie007
Sega Dreamcast
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #44 on: April 27, 2017, 12:00:07 PM »

I don't think so, though there's probably a trophy for it.

It's on the Wii U so no trophies

Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length