RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 06:06:28 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: It's not the size of the collection, it's how you store it!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | The Arena | Weekly contest 1 - Sega Rally 2 - Dreamcast 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Weekly contest 1 - Sega Rally 2 - Dreamcast  (Read 5052 times)
Arrrhalomynn
Beep beep! Boop boop!
Co-Founder
Netherlands

WWW Stats
« on: August 21, 2005, 05:52:39 AM »

I had the idea to have a weekly contest in the arena. We'll take some game, and the person to get the best time/score will get a custom title and a star for each time he/she wins.

I'll choose a game now, and I'm taking suggestions for the next times. Any kind of electronic game is allowed, as long as at least some of the members can play it too. So it can be NES games, MAME games, flash games, it doesn't matter.

For the first time I chose Sega Rally 2 for the Sega Dreamcast. Time Trial --> Desert --> ss1. I did it with a peugeot 206 WRC, but you're free to use a different car and tune it to your liking. As long as you don't use a car that has to be unlocked first (if that is even possible).

I set my time on a monitor, which runs at 60 hz, so I assume it's similar to an ntsc tv.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2006, 03:38:24 PM by IZRET101 » Logged
den68
loves White Castle!
DB Contributor

Stats
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2005, 05:59:51 AM »

I have this game. think I'll give it a crack tonight. are you going to sticky a new thread for contest game suggestions?

Arrrhalomynn
Beep beep! Boop boop!
Co-Founder
Netherlands

WWW Stats
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2005, 06:16:25 AM »

Nah, you can do your suggestions in this thread.

edit: no, it's better in a seperate thread.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2005, 12:19:26 PM by Arrrhalomynn » Logged
den68
loves White Castle!
DB Contributor

Stats
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2005, 05:06:18 AM »

gah! pretty tough game. I played for about  40 minutes and could only manage 3 minutes 13 seconds which didn't even crack the top 8. I need a LOT more practice with this one. the car you used does seem to be the best one though. I didn't do any adjustments but some of the cars while faster didn't steer into turns very well.

Arrrhalomynn
Beep beep! Boop boop!
Co-Founder
Netherlands

WWW Stats
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2005, 06:50:11 AM »

Wow, you really suck. I think this was my fourth try. Try to drive as fluent as possible and stay as close to the inside of the corners as you can.
den68
loves White Castle!
DB Contributor

Stats
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2005, 07:08:18 AM »

I raced the course with each of the available cars. some 2 or 3 times. I just need to get comfortable with the Dreamcast controller again and get that time down.

but yeah, my driving skills were pretty rusty. too much Burnout 3 where you're supposed to crash into everything.

Sureshot
CD-i

Stats
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2005, 07:12:29 AM »

Now do it in Manual, like real men Tongue

Me vs Gretzky
Arrrhalomynn
Beep beep! Boop boop!
Co-Founder
Netherlands

WWW Stats
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2005, 08:25:17 AM »

Now do it in Manual, like real men Tongue

No problem, Frenchie.
Lord Nepenthean
Co-Founder

WWW Stats
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2005, 08:35:00 PM »

I gave it my best shot, but I have a feeling Mark will (not surprisingly) be the winner.  My best time was about eleven seconds slower than Mark's best, at 3'01"763.  I guess the resident racing game buff should win this one without much of a challenge.

Arrrhalomynn
Beep beep! Boop boop!
Co-Founder
Netherlands

WWW Stats
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2005, 02:03:26 AM »

This is getting suspicious. How were your laps? Did you hit anything? My laps were pretty good, in that I didn't hit anything, but this is a very big difference. Could it be the pal version is different from the ntsc version?
den68
loves White Castle!
DB Contributor

Stats
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2005, 05:02:26 AM »

did you tune your car or run it with default settings? I make a few laps without hitting anything though I did did slide wide into a few turns which slowed me down.

my quickest lap was a minute and 6. and that was lap 2 or 3 after I got some momentum.

Arrrhalomynn
Beep beep! Boop boop!
Co-Founder
Netherlands

WWW Stats
« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2005, 05:12:45 AM »

I used the default settings. I didn't hit anything, but also slid wide in several turns, causing me to slow down slightly. Also rather odd how you didn't hit anything, yet still were so much slower than mike.
den68
loves White Castle!
DB Contributor

Stats
« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2005, 08:27:17 AM »

maybe I do suck. they say the older you get the slower you drive. I'll give it another go and attempt to improve my times.

Sureshot
CD-i

Stats
« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2005, 08:37:46 AM »

Shame, I have a Saturn and Sega Rally 2 back home, none here though Sad  Maybe I should hunt one down... once I get a TV first.

Me vs Gretzky
Lord Nepenthean
Co-Founder

WWW Stats
« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2005, 07:23:50 PM »

If I combined my best laps I could have a time under three minutes, but still not as good as Mark's.  My best first lap was something like 1'02" and my best lap for second and third was about 57", though I only got this once - usually I'm around 59" to 1'01" for the second and third laps.

Oh, and I don't hit anything but definitely do swing wide on some of the turns.  My best time was not with the one Mark and Den seem to prefer, either.  With that one my best time is about 3'06".  I'll check to see which car I used later.

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length