RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 07:52:28 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Check us out on Discord! Link on the front page!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | Battlefield: Modern Combat Xbox demo. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Battlefield: Modern Combat Xbox demo.  (Read 993 times)
phoenix1967
Nintendo DS
United States

Stats
« on: August 25, 2005, 04:35:50 AM »

Holy COW! This game is a must-buy when it comes out. I played on XBL for awhile last night and it's incredible!

Excellent audio, solid graphics, and tight control are just the tip of the iceberg on this one.

The one aspect of this that's especially impressive is the large quantity of vehicles you can operate. Tanks, jeeps, etc.and maybe even helicopters (I didn't play long enough to find out for sure).

XBL supports up to 24 players in a game. I think it's going to also have offline multiplayer from everything I've read about it. It seems to take the best elements of Halo, Ghost Recon, and the MoH series and rolls it into one game. The only question now is the maps, since only one was available on the demo; there's supposed to be 13 in the final version of the game when it comes out in November.

Anyone else played this demo? It's on the same disk as the Darkwatch demo.

den68
loves White Castle!
DB Contributor

Stats
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2005, 04:48:18 AM »

I tried to but unfortunately it was Xbox Live only.

bastards!

phoenix1967
Nintendo DS
United States

Stats
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2005, 07:46:44 AM »

Yeah. They should have at least included a demo movie so that offline players can at least get a look at how the game plays.

Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2005, 09:35:24 AM »

Yea one of my XBL buddies was raving about thisa month or so ago.

He put alot of time ito it considering it is just a demo.

phoenix1967
Nintendo DS
United States

Stats
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2005, 10:40:29 AM »

I only tried it for about 15 minutes or so last night, but was very impressed with it. When you respawn, you can decide to play as a different type of military category such as a sniper, medical, assault, and a couple other types.

I definitely need to put some more time into this one.

NDiddy
Jaguar CD

Stats
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2005, 08:45:03 AM »

Awesome always been a fan of the battlefield series but I have a question phoenix how well does this game play with a controller?

[img width=360 height=72]http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b182/netwetty/ndiddycopy.jpg[/img]
phoenix1967
Nintendo DS
United States

Stats
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2005, 10:04:04 AM »

Controls are very smooth, whether you're inside a vehicle or on foot. The HUD is very well put together also.

I've never been big into PC gaming, so I cannot compare it to that, but I've played many shooters on xbox and the controls are top notch!

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length