RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 02:42:21 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: It's not the size of the collection, it's how you store it!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | Stuck Cartridge 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Stuck Cartridge  (Read 4583 times)
Atari6600
Memorex VIS

Stats
« on: August 13, 2019, 01:58:30 PM »

How to I get a stuck cartridge out of my original generation Game Boy without opening the system up?  And don't say rubbing alchohol please, because that didn't work.
douglie007
Sega Dreamcast
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2019, 02:04:15 PM »

Do you have a picture on how it is stuck

Atari6600
Memorex VIS

Stats
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2019, 02:22:02 PM »

No.  But I can describe it.  Imagine as if you put a cartridge into the game boy the normal way and when you go to take it out it won't budget.  As if the connector port was made of glue...won't wiggle, won't budge and the only reason I opt out of opening it up is because I'd need one of my friends to give me a ride and I'd rather get it out today...
douglie007
Sega Dreamcast
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2019, 07:03:07 PM »

How the plastic is on the gameboy, you couldn't open it with a cart.  Unless something was on the connector there should be no reason for it to be jammed there the more likely is the cart broke or the label came loose, and the only thing you can do is try to get something flat that can get between the cart and the console and try to find where its stuck.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

deadducks
Memorex VIS
United States

Stats
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2019, 07:40:48 PM »

really dumb question but worth asking. Is the gameboy off? The power switch holds the cart in if on.

2D Forever
tactical_nuke
DB Reviewer
United States

Stats
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2019, 08:41:26 PM »

You'll have to clean it well afterwards, but WD-40 will do the trick.
Ghost Soldier
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2019, 11:43:54 PM »

If this was a vehicle, I could recommend all kinds of things to break something loose. Are you opposed to possible damage to the cart? You could try to grab it with a straight metal plier or something similar that could lock onto it. Then apply lots of pressure to pull it free. You could also drill a small hole in the cart and screw a screw into it. Then take normal pliers or other grabby thing and pull on the screw to extract the cartridge. Silicon lubricant or WD40 might work to as previously suggested. If all else fails take a cutting torch to it and problem solved. J/k, I'd try to take the Gameboy apart and see what the hang up is.

Ghost Soldier
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2020, 10:43:59 PM »

Any update on this stuck cartridge?

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length